Bay Area!(Need your guys help!)

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:17 am
Kukar's house of pizza in San Jose. It's really greasy but I think it's pretty damn tasty as well. just pat it with a napkin before you eat it to get the grease off and you're good to go
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:11 am
City attractions..

go to Alcatraz if you haven't been, before noon on a weekday for the smallest crowds. or walk the Golden Gate Bridge (bring a raincoat)

North Beach for some good bars.. Itailian, Steaks and Chinese food etc...
Avoid weekend nights if possible... horrible parking and crowds of troublemakers (amateurs) hanging around the strip clubs. Wed or a Thurs is a good night. some good music venues along Grant street just off of Columbus.. (The Saloon, Mojito, Grant and Green) Take a walk through Chinatown (Grant St.) early afternoon before going over to North Beach.

16th and Valencia is another cool area in the Mission with lots of bars and restaurants.

Get a real Mission style burrito. I recommend Taqueria San Francisco on 24rth and York. or Taqueria Cancun on Mission at Valencia. most places are pretty good.. even the Taco truck parked at Harrison and 22nd is excellent.

If it is a nice day, spend the day in Golden Gate Park, walk to the beach, see the sunset, then have dinner across the street at the Park Chalet or Beach Chalet. good beers, food and music. try the sticky ribs! at PC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:50 pm
Oh yeah forgot to add.

Things to do in the City.

The best way to have a good time in SF is to avoid driving into the city. It's seriously a mad house. the only parking is in garages where you will have to fork over serious dough to park even for an hour.

511.org is your friend. type it in your browser and you'll see what I'm talking about. it has a great trip organizer that makes Public Transportation in SF very easy to deal with.

I'd say, park at a BART or CalTran Station outside SF, take one of them till you get close to market street. cruise market street for a while - there's always a million tourist there, and all the buses run along that street. I'd say if it's your first time in the city, you probably want to stay well north of Van Nes, while on Market St. because South of / around Van Nes it gets pretty shady/sketchy. just stay within sight of the big clock tower at the end of N. market street and you should have no problems.

You can take a bus over Haight/Ashbury and hang out with all the hippies (good exotic food over there as well). there's always something interesting going down around there.

Haight/Ashbury is right by Golden Gate Park, if ya like nature, maybe go for a jog (DURING THE DAY ONLY).

take a bus back to Market st. and take the cable car all the way over to Fisherman's Warf. the cable car will take you past the top lombard street (the curviest street in the US) where you get an amazing view of the bay. bring a camera, it's a great shot. oh and the cable car is free after 6PM btw. once you get to Fisherman's Warf, load up on some fresh clam chowder/good seafood. there's also a Hooters over there.

You might be a little too young for North Beach. lot of bars and strip clubs, but the Warf and North Beach are pretty close to each other if you want to check it out.

Basically I'd say to have a good time in SF do the following.
- Don't Drive
- Bring a map! SF street names are long and hard to remember.
- go on google maps and get a sense of what the different areas are called (Mission, Haight, China Town, Persideo, Knob Hill, Financial District etc). it's easier to ask someone "how do I get over towards to this area?" than to ask how to get to a specific address.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:54 pm
yeah is it going to still be pretty cold??

cus its hot down here
Go Ham
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 pm
We believe..

the highlights of my recent trip to the YAY was.
1. Berkeley... best college vibe ever
2. Lake Merritt - Just so picturesque.. Oakland known for it's criminal element but not known for it's gorgeous scenery.
3. Jack Attack - just hanging out and blazing with him.
4. The Haight- I felt so at home there.. (oakland's got a version of the Haight, it's call Oaksterdam... i can't give you directions but it's the stoner central of Oakland )

As for good food.. this sounds lame, but you gotta eat TACO BELL>
I'm Australian and we don't have these restraunts downunder, but it's fully sick and so filling for the amount you throw over the counter.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:09 pm
webelieve wrote:yeah is it going to still be pretty cold??

cus its hot down here

yeah itll likely be cold up here still. not bring your snowboarding gear cold, but a couple hoodies and you should be good.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:20 pm
PaWnOgRaFfItI wrote:We believe..

the highlights of my recent trip to the YAY was.
1. Berkeley... best college vibe ever
2. Lake Merritt - Just so picturesque.. Oakland known for it's criminal element but not known for it's gorgeous scenery.
3. Jack Attack - just hanging out and blazing with him.
4. The Haight- I felt so at home there.. (oakland's got a version of the Haight, it's call Oaksterdam... i can't give you directions but it's the stoner central of Oakland )

As for good food.. this sounds lame, but you gotta eat TACO BELL>
I'm Australian and we don't have these restraunts downunder, but it's fully sick and so filling for the amount you throw over the counter.

Ha ha, they have them down in SD, I'm sure he eats Taco Bell all the time. I do love it though :)
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:27 am
When you go to the game, there's an In-n-Out across the freeway from the Oracle. Much cheaper than the Oracle food, and also much better.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:38 am
theres 2 top dogs in the bay that i know of... one is in a little plaza called rockridge... its right off of broadway... its right inside of longsdrug.... the 2nd one is in berkeley... i cant give u any street names cuz im not sure what they are... but i know its near the uc berkeley campus (two birds, one stone) and its right next to gypsies (pronounced jip-sees), a great fast food italian restaurant.

theres a **** load of thing u can do in sf.... theres golden gate park... the academy of science center... the exploratorium... pier 39... the metreon... etc....

in terms of what you should try... i definately recommend PHO!!!!if you dont know what it is, it's vietnamese noodle soup... i know that oakland makes the BEST pho ANYWHERE....

try the burrito truck on 22nd (the orange one).... that **** is bomb...

dont use any derogatory words....

and expect DIVERSITY!!!!
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:15 am
webelieve wrote:Hey whats up guys im still alive just to let all of you know! :wink:

but yeah i hope everythings been good round here and everything is cool,well i got some good news im heading up to the bay area for the first time,and also attending my first warriors game in a matter of weeks :D

original plan was to make a trip up to la...but oakland sounds a bit better :mrgreen:.So il be up there the....21st i believe the friday for the game against the sixers.And then im staying till like sunday satruday i think will be spent in san francisco.So i just have a few questions hopefully some of you guys can awnser.

1)Anything i should eat/try look for at my first warriors game??
2)Were are some good places to pick up some gear so i can rep my teams down here for cheap
3)Where are the topdogs?thats on my to do list
4)Anything that you should not do up there?
5)And last what to expect in sf

ha thanks guys im really excited because i really want to see the area because my goal is to go to school up there in almost 3 years :wink: so im really excited and all your guys help will be really apreciated

thanks guys

Tavis Webelieve

Ps

James how you doin man?

WEMAN -

hit me up when you get to the game....I know you will be sporting the yellow gear I sent you....

I would have you over for dinier or something...but PAWNO has ruined it for all the warrior travelers.....I had him stay over when he came up fromdown under , it started out cool......then the mofo started molesting his blow up latex crockadile each night and the awful noise that came from his room kept me up for hours......

weman hit me up
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:18 pm
for sure joel for sure il see what i can do cus il be with buddies

but yeah defenetely ha damn you pawno!
Go Ham
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:11 pm
Whatever you do, don't eat the hot wings from Oracle. Complete garbage.

A few of my favorite food spots in the city:

Mexican
Gordo Taqueria - 1239 9th Ave
Right by Golden Gate Park. Excellent burrito's.

Chinese
Kams - 3624 Balboa Street
Decor wise the place looks like a dump, but all the food is good and cheap.
Best dish=The Chef's Gourmet Chicken--deep-fried, battered chicken filet, cut up and soaked in a sweet honey and spicy sauce, covered with cut up pieces of deep-fried wonton skin. The taste is unique, with the sweet honey taste countered by the mild spiciness, mixed in with chicken with the crunches and flavor of wonton skin.

Sandwich
Little Lucca - 724 El Camino Real
More so San Bruno than South SF in my book.
Little Lucca is an actual historic landmark of the city of South San Francisco, established in 1980. Place is famous for it's Original Garlic Sauce and Hot Pepper Sauce. Either one, or both sauces (when asked) comes with your ordered sandwich. I believe the bread is fresh baked daily as well. Dutch Crunch is outrageously good. Only one size of sandwich, which is big and cheap.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:29 am
im leaving soon il be in oakland by the afternoon and at the game tonight! :mrgreen:
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:57 pm
well i got back today at 4 and it was probaly one of the best times of my life.

I saw mostly everything i wanted to see.I flew out got there at around...1 i think first thing we did was go straight to berkeley we went to blondies which is incredible pizza,then walked around campus.I really liked campus and thought it had a cool vibe we saw that preacher sorta guy who hangs around by that fountain by the student store just yelling ha good stuff.

After that we went back to my friends grandparents house in the hills of berkeley and hung out for a bit before going to oracle.We got the game eary walked around i really like oracle.The game was good bwrights my boy.We had passes to meet the players but you had to be twenty one.... :cry: so that sucked.But it was a good time out.I kinda wish we picked a better game so we could of got the full oracle effect.

Saturday we spent in the city and i loved it.We took the bart from berkeley to san francisco.It was AWSOME!i loved everything we took the cable car down to the wharf ate some lunch then walked around and did some shopping.I got some sick warriors stuff and looked around.

The way home i saw the cops had a bunch of roads blocked off in oakland cus of that shooting :shock:, that was to bad.

I had a great time though up in the bay area i cant wait to go back.I really wish i lived there.Thanks for all of your suggestions and help guys!
Go Ham

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:12 pm
webelieve wrote:well i got back today at 4 and it was probaly one of the best times of my life.

I saw mostly everything i wanted to see.I flew out got there at around...1 i think first thing we did was go straight to berkeley we went to blondies which is incredible pizza,then walked around campus.I really liked campus and thought it had a cool vibe we saw that preacher sorta guy who hangs around by that fountain by the student store just yelling ha good stuff.

After that we went back to my friends grandparents house in the hills of berkeley and hung out for a bit before going to oracle.We got the game eary walked around i really like oracle.The game was good bwrights my boy.We had passes to meet the players but you had to be twenty one.... :cry: so that sucked.But it was a good time out.I kinda wish we picked a better game so we could of got the full oracle effect.

Saturday we spent in the city and i loved it.We took the bart from berkeley to san francisco.It was AWSOME!i loved everything we took the cable car down to the wharf ate some lunch then walked around and did some shopping.I got some sick warriors stuff and looked around.

The way home i saw the cops had a bunch of roads blocked off in oakland cus of that shooting :shock:, that was to bad.

I had a great time though up in the bay area i cant wait to go back.I really wish i lived there.Thanks for all of your suggestions and help guys!

glad u had a good time man. all the negetive aura going on in society, life, the board, etc. it seems that you had a blast. Plus, u witnessed an awesome game at the Oracle (and a blackout).
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum