Bay Area!(Need your guys help!)

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:34 pm
Hey whats up guys im still alive just to let all of you know! :wink:

but yeah i hope everythings been good round here and everything is cool,well i got some good news im heading up to the bay area for the first time,and also attending my first warriors game in a matter of weeks :D

original plan was to make a trip up to la...but oakland sounds a bit better :mrgreen:.So il be up there the....21st i believe the friday for the game against the sixers.And then im staying till like sunday satruday i think will be spent in san francisco.So i just have a few questions hopefully some of you guys can awnser.

1)Anything i should eat/try look for at my first warriors game??
2)Were are some good places to pick up some gear so i can rep my teams down here for cheap
3)Where are the topdogs?thats on my to do list
4)Anything that you should not do up there?
5)And last what to expect in sf

ha thanks guys im really excited because i really want to see the area because my goal is to go to school up there in almost 3 years :wink: so im really excited and all your guys help will be really apreciated

thanks guys

Tavis Webelieve

Ps

James how you doin man?
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:39 pm
1. I don't know about food, but the Englander is a great bar...wait, how old are you?
2. Winners in San Jose, but I'm not sure how accessible that is to you from SF (it's about a 45 minute drive)

And I don't have answers to 3 & 4

5. TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, if you can take BART (Bay Area Rapid Trasit) to the game, do it. Traffic in and out of the stadium sucks.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:41 pm
thats what were doing i think

and no im 15 ha

so the bar isnt in the list

thanks cap
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:42 pm
webelieve wrote:thats what were doing i think

and no im 15 ha

so the bar isnt in the list

thanks cap

Oh ok, no bars then.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:42 pm
yeah haha

are there any of those stores in oakland??the winners or we
Go Ham

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:44 pm
I'm going to the sixers game too... I dunno how to answer your questions though, as i live in sacramento and not the bay. I use to, but that was 8 years ago.

Where are u from anyway We Believe?
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:46 pm
san diego

north county area
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:49 pm
webelieve wrote:san diego

north county area

Nice, I work up in the Carmel Mountain area.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:52 pm
yeah i remember you told me you live round la mesa right?
Go Ham

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:52 pm
webelieve wrote:san diego

north county area

sweet deal
i use to live in san diego while i went to san diego state... awesome city. Beats Sactown for sure
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:54 pm
webelieve wrote:yeah i remember you told me you live round la mesa right?

Yep

Mr. Crackerz wrote:sweet deal
i use to live in san diego while i went to san diego state... awesome city. Beats Sactown for sure

That's for sure, although just about everything is better than Sactown.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:57 pm
If my memory serves me correctly

i lived by La Mesa... like my apartment was by there... the SDSU campus is right off La Mesa, which was by my apartment. Capt. Jack, u ever been to the Dorchester or Diplomat apartments by there, across was these penthouse ones... if so, yeah thats where i stayed... overprice, crappy, and what made me broke.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:00 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:If my memory serves me correctly

i lived by La Mesa... like my apartment was by there... the SDSU campus is right off La Mesa, which was by my apartment. Capt. Jack, u ever been to the Dorchester or Diplomat apartments by there, across was these penthouse ones... if so, yeah thats where i stayed... overprice, crappy, and what made me broke.

Yeah those are on Montezuma I think, right by campus. If you go down El Cajon Blvd. further you'll get to La Mesa...it's a tiny bit ghetto, but my apartment complex is nice and it's cheap so I'm over it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:05 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:If my memory serves me correctly

Yeah those are on Montezuma I think, right by campus. If you go down El Cajon Blvd. further you'll get to La Mesa...it's a tiny bit ghetto, but my apartment complex is nice and it's cheap so I'm over it.

yeah i was of Montezuma... and El Cajon was the closest cross street, like right by that Ralphs market. I use to go that 24/7 mexican place on El Cajon, like i think it broke so many health codes, but at 3 am it dont really matter. I try telling people that if i find a place that make carne asada fries like they do everywhere down there, i would raid it each week

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:24 pm
webelieve wrote:
1)Anything i should eat/try look for at my first warriors game??
2)Were are some good places to pick up some gear so i can rep my teams down here for cheap
3)Where are the topdogs?thats on my to do list
4)Anything that you should not do up there?
5)And last what to expect in sf

1) all depends on what kind of food you like. and at the game, you can try their food, but id recommend eating out before or after the game cuz food at the oracle is pricey. i like going to popeye's just cuz i like getting the fried chicken strips w/ honey mustard and mashed potatoes, all washed down with raspberry iced tea. (don't hate :mrgreen: )

2) like Capt said, winners is good...but its in San Jose at Valley Fair Mall (unless theres one closer than there that im not aware of). they got a bunch of bay area team gear there. if it's easier to go somewhere closer to oracle, Southland Mall in Hayward has a store called Sport Fanatic (i think it's still there). they got bay area team stuff too...real and fake. you'll prolly be able to bargain with the manager if you make some small talk to him too (got my giants dugout jacket for only $75. usually $120).

3) not sure what you mean about topdogs.

4) anything you wouldnt do in socal, dont do up here. its really not that much different, except that it gets colder up here.

5) depends on where in SF you're going. if you're going to the sites then just enjoy it and be ready for some walking. if you're goin downtown to do some shopping...get ready to do some WALKING....and dress warm but make sure you got easy access to vent...a zippered hoodie should do well.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum