Boxing Fans?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:37 pm
Kunlathep Chucnjit wrote:
xbay wrote:Okay, so the Pacquiao/Hatton talks ended Wednesday when Pacquiao's side failed to meet the deadline. If he had reached it, negotiations for the fight would of continued and may even of had a set date for the bout. So all the talks about Pacquaio taking on Hatton are on hold... for now.

the hatton vs pacman fight sounds good but i want pacman vs mayweather.

Looks like it didn't take long for Pacquiao to change his mind. He will fight Hatton on May 2nd. Looks like Pacman just couldn't pass up on $12 million... one million more than what he earned against DLH.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:13 pm
xbay wrote: Looks like it didn't take long for Pacquiao to change his mind. He will fight Hatton on May 2nd. Looks like Pacman just couldn't pass up on $12 million... one million more than what he earned against DLH.

I really think the split should be 60-40 in favor of Manny, but he agreed to 52-48. I think Bob Arum explained to Manny that he also negotiated a split on the PPV revenues in England (which I don't believe has changed), and would land Manny a total of $20 million for this fight. And Manny should KO Hatton.

Also check out tonight's fight on HBO at 7 PT: Antonio Margarito vs. Shane Mosley.

HBO:
Antonio Margarito (37-5, 27 KOs) makes his triumphant return to the ring after the dramatic 11th-round knockout of Miguel Cotto that brought him his second welterweight title last July. Ranked among the sport's most explosive performers, he hopes to maintain his momentum in this 12-round, 147-pound showdown.

"Sugar" Shane Mosley (45-5, 38 KOs), a native of Pomona, Cal., will need all his ring smarts and physical skills to spring the first surprise of the new year. One of the most decorated fighters of the past decade, the veteran is coming off a 12th-round KO of Ricardo Mayorga last September, and has won six of his last seven bouts.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:10 am
CjR wrote:
xbay wrote: Looks like it didn't take long for Pacquiao to change his mind. He will fight Hatton on May 2nd. Looks like Pacman just couldn't pass up on $12 million... one million more than what he earned against DLH.

I really think the split should be 60-40 in favor of Manny, but he agreed to 52-48. I think Bob Arum explained to Manny that he also negotiated a split on the PPV revenues in England (which I don't believe has changed), and would land Manny a total of $20 million for this fight. And Manny should KO Hatton.

Also check out tonight's fight on HBO at 7 PT: Antonio Margarito vs. Shane Mosley.

HBO:
Antonio Margarito (37-5, 27 KOs) makes his triumphant return to the ring after the dramatic 11th-round knockout of Miguel Cotto that brought him his second welterweight title last July. Ranked among the sport's most explosive performers, he hopes to maintain his momentum in this 12-round, 147-pound showdown.

"Sugar" Shane Mosley (45-5, 38 KOs), a native of Pomona, Cal., will need all his ring smarts and physical skills to spring the first surprise of the new year. One of the most decorated fighters of the past decade, the veteran is coming off a 12th-round KO of Ricardo Mayorga last September, and has won six of his last seven bouts.

I didn't catch it, but I heard it was a good one. The reviews say Mosley, surprisingly, dominated from start to finish. I thought Margarito was going to win, but Mosley would at least challenge him for a bit 'til Margarito took over. It was a different story than I thought... at least, according to what I read. Anyone catch it?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:21 pm
xbay wrote:
CjR wrote:

HBO:

I didn't catch it, but I heard it was a good one. The reviews say Mosley, surprisingly, dominated from start to finish. I thought Margarito was going to win, but Mosley would at least challenge him for a bit 'til Margarito took over. It was a different story than I thought... at least, according to what I read. Anyone catch it?

Yeah, X-bay, it was great fight, but not for Margarito. :wink: I also thought Margarito would win, especially after he took Miguel Cotto’s best and still annihilated him. But Shane was extremely sharp, went to the body early (unlike Cotto), and countered Margarito’s jab with overhand rights all night. He was also wise in tying up Margarito inside whenever he could and was elusive enough to stay out of trouble and continue his attack.

On another note, last night’s fight marked the largest crowd ever at Staples Center. Great for the sport.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:32 pm
pacquiao vs valero

not sure if its going to happen but i'd like to see it

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJTugzVLxCk&feature=related[/youtube]
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:02 pm
HBO: DOUBLE HEADER ON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING, SATURDAY FEB 28TH 7 PM PT

The highly anticipated main event pits former featherweight and super featherweight champ Juan Manuel Marquez (49-4-1, 36 KOs) from Mexico City, Mexico against former lightweight champ Juan Diaz (34-1, 17 KOs) in a scheduled 12-round blockbuster lightweight contest. Competing for only the second time as a lightweight, Marquez looks to make a statement in his new division by taking on Diaz in his hometown. Former unified lightweight champion Diaz seeks to reestablish himself in the division and ultimately regain his championship.

The evening opens with undefeated featherweight champ Chris John (42-0-1, 22 KOs), from Jakarta, Indonesia, battling Houston's Rocky Juarez (28-4, 20 KOs) in a scheduled 12-round bout. John has fought his entire career in Indonesia, Japan and Australia, and now puts his title on the line in his American debut. Top-rated challenger Juarez was last seen scoring an 11th-round victory over Jorge Barios on HBO in September.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:16 pm
Oh sh*t let me go set my DVR :wink: What up CJR..
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:44 pm
Hey, what up, Broe. Yeah, the Marquez and Diaz should be a good one and non-stop action. He’s the underdog, but I'm picking Diaz. Great guy, too.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:12 am
Marquez won. Didn't catch it... how was it?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:33 pm
xbay wrote:Marquez won. Didn't catch it... how was it?

Great fight. Diaz came out strong and aggressive and rocked Marquez a couple of time during the first 3 rounds. It was a pretty even fight going into the 8th round with both giving and taking and just going non-stop. Then Diaz suffered a really bad cut in the 8th (from an uppercut), and that seemed to affect him instantly (blood getting into his eye) and was KO’d in the next round.

Marquez’s advatanges was he was a better counterpuncher and had a slight advantage in speed. His defense was also very good, slipped many punches and avoided getting hit with combinations.

At the point of stoppage in the 9th the judges scorecards were even, and it was really anybody’s fight.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:46 am
thought i bring htis thread back to life... Surprised there hasnt been more talk about the Pacquiao Hatton fight and its only a few days away... What are you thoughts on the fight?

I think Manny is the overall fighter, but Hatton definitely has a chance to do some damage. But I still think Manny will take the fight
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:21 am
RUN HOME JACK wrote:thought i bring htis thread back to life... Surprised there hasnt been more talk about the Pacquiao Hatton fight and its only a few days away... What are you thoughts on the fight?

I think Manny is the overall fighter, but Hatton definitely has a chance to do some damage. But I still think Manny will take the fight

Hatton seems like a battler, he will be in there taking everything that Paquiao has. He is like a Mickey Ward type of fighter, you wouldnt think he is so bad ass....but he can take a beating.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:17 pm
It'll be a tough fight, but I think Pacquiao will take it in the 10th.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:31 pm
Okay, the fight is tomorrow. I expect a very good fight. This one will be a tough one for Pacman, probably his toughest yet. He has a very good chance at losing this one. If Pacquiao wins this, I think we can solidify him as the best current pound-for-pound boxer.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:31 pm
Guess who's back... yep, Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr. is back. He's going to fight Juan Manuel Marquez in July I think. If this move proves anything, it's that this is a warm up match for Mayweather, although Marquez isn't really the type of guy you'd want to warm up again. Then, the winner of Pacquiao/Hatton will be Mayweather's next opponent.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board