fantasy baseball

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:49 am
d1mex wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
d1mex wrote:k guys. im in. lets get it on!

If basketball is an indication, u will be easy competition :mrgreen:

ouch. ill be shooting for you this season then!

I signed up yesterday.....what is that now, 6 teams?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:41 pm
Yep. 6 teams.

myself, Mr. C, Always, fine, E-Man, d1mex

Maybe at least 2 more?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:23 am
So... about the draft..

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:36 am
i guess no more teams?

im down to draft whenever everyone else is down. preferably a weekday afternoon-night or saturday night
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:57 pm
I can get my little brother to play... Logic i think is his screename on the board. all 10 posts lol. He's already pissed that I'm only doing one league this year, and i've committed to this board one (i'm bad at fantasy baseball, so i limit the pain). But yeah, we can use him if we get an odd number of people and we need to make it even.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:04 pm
Hey guys...prob Mr.Crackerz and Xbay, Im working on setting my keeper league roster for my other team. Its a 12 team league and we get to keep 15 players...the salary cap is $260 and its an auction league. We start 23 players, 2C, 1B,2B,3B,SS,MI,CI,5OF,DH and 9 Pitchers. After the draft, we have a 15 round supplemental draft in which your players are free until you use them...then they become $1. Player Salaries escalate by $5 for the second year they are active on your roster and another $10 for the third year they are active. After the 3rd year, they become FA's and go back into the auction pool. So you can draft a player in the supplemental round and never activate him and he stays at 0, but once you use a player, you can only keep him for 3 years.

so here are my keepers

Youkilis $6
J. Hamilton $6
Ethier $6
U.Jimenez $6 SP Rockies
J. Jurrjens $1 SP Braves

All of the following players are $0 players

Gio Gonzales SP OAK
K. Kouzmanoff 3B SD
Jesus Flores C WAS
Joey Devine RP OAK
Jeff Samardzija RP CHN
C. Gomez OF Min
Fernando Martinez OF NYM
Wade Davis SP Rays
Gordon Beckham SS / 2B CHA

Those are the 14 that Im pretty certain Im keeping, but here is where I have a predicament. I have these guys that Im considering for my last available spot...and may have to cut some players loose in order to keep more.

C. Granderson $16
Brandon Phillips $16
Rocco Baldelli $0
Franklin Morales $0 SP Col
Chad Tracy $6
Dice-K $20
Jimmy Rollins $40

Hope I didnt bore you guys too much, if so ...I apologize.

Thanks for your input,
Rob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:46 pm
"Always" Next wrote:Hey guys...prob Mr.Crackerz and Xbay, Im working on setting my keeper league roster for my other team. Its a 12 team league and we get to keep 15 players...the salary cap is $260 and its an auction league. We start 23 players, 2C, 1B,2B,3B,SS,MI,CI,5OF,DH and 9 Pitchers. After the draft, we have a 15 round supplemental draft in which your players are free until you use them...then they become $1. Player Salaries escalate by $5 for the second year they are active on your roster and another $10 for the third year they are active. After the 3rd year, they become FA's and go back into the auction pool. So you can draft a player in the supplemental round and never activate him and he stays at 0, but once you use a player, you can only keep him for 3 years.

so here are my keepers

Youkilis $6
J. Hamilton $6
Ethier $6
U.Jimenez $6 SP Rockies
J. Jurrjens $1 SP Braves

Gio Gonzales SP OAK
K. Kouzmanoff 3B SD
Jesus Flores C WAS
Joey Devine RP OAK
Jeff Samardzija RP CHN
C. Gomez OF Min
Fernando Martinez OF NYM
Wade Davis SP Rays

Those are the 14 that Im pretty certain Im keeping, but here is where I have a predicament. I have these guys that Im considering for my last available spot...and may have to cut some players loose in order to keep more.

C. Granderson $16
Brandon Phillips $16
Rocco Baldelli $0
Chad Tracy $6
Dice-K $20
Jimmy Rollins $40

Thanks for your input,
Rob

yeah this stuff is confusing for me...so i dunno how this works. Plus my main sport is football, and baseball is like 4th, so im not the best person to ask.

but i would nab curtis granderson (one of my 3 favorite players BTW...which explains my bias for getting him).
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:18 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:Hey guys...prob Mr.Crackerz and Xbay, Im working on setting my keeper league roster for my other team. Its a 12 team league and we get to keep 15 players...the salary cap is $260 and its an auction league. We start 23 players, 2C, 1B,2B,3B,SS,MI,CI,5OF,DH and 9 Pitchers. After the draft, we have a 15 round supplemental draft in which your players are free until you use them...then they become $1. Player Salaries escalate by $5 for the second year they are active on your roster and another $10 for the third year they are active. After the 3rd year, they become FA's and go back into the auction pool. So you can draft a player in the supplemental round and never activate him and he stays at 0, but once you use a player, you can only keep him for 3 years.

so here are my keepers

Youkilis $6
J. Hamilton $6
Ethier $6
U.Jimenez $6 SP Rockies
J. Jurrjens $1 SP Braves

Gio Gonzales SP OAK
K. Kouzmanoff 3B SD
Jesus Flores C WAS
Joey Devine RP OAK
Jeff Samardzija RP CHN
C. Gomez OF Min
Fernando Martinez OF NYM
Wade Davis SP Rays

C. Granderson $16
Brandon Phillips $16
Rocco Baldelli $0
Chad Tracy $6
Dice-K $20
Jimmy Rollins $40

Thanks for your input,
Rob

yeah this stuff is confusing for me...so i dunno how this works. Plus my main sport is football, and baseball is like 4th, so im not the best person to ask.

but i would nab curtis granderson (one of my 3 favorite players BTW...which explains my bias for getting him).

I think I have decided to leave Smardija unprotected and go with Phillips and Granderson. That leaves me with 14 of 23 spots to fill in the auction and I go in with the ability to spend about $14 per player. That is a pretty good #, since I will be paying a couple bucks for a catcher and only acouple bucks for 3 pitchers.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:17 am
It's March, fellas. When do you guys want to hold the live draft? Or will this draft be here? Lets get a set date. Because the season isn't that far off. Just a couple weeks away..

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:06 pm
xbay wrote:It's March, fellas. When do you guys want to hold the live draft? Or will this draft be here? Lets get a set date. Because the season isn't that far off. Just a couple weeks away..

i think a live draft would be easiest. if we had an offline draft wee probably should have started it at the beginning of the week at the latest. im available whenever...anyone else?
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:51 pm
Whenever for me too.

I propose Sunday at 10 a.m. If you got a problem, suggest a different time.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:39 pm
I'm free on Tuesdays and Thursdays too, but only during the day. Definately no on MOndays, Wednesdays, Friday morings. Weekends are fine, just not this weekend.

Like im fine with Noonish Next Saturday (im gonna be busy this weekend, but next weekend, im very flexable.)
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:08 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I'm free on Tuesdays and Thursdays too, but only during the day. Definately no on MOndays, Wednesdays, Friday morings. Weekends are fine, just not this weekend.

Like im fine with Noonish Next Saturday (im gonna be busy this weekend, but next weekend, im very flexable.)

I cant do Sundays unless its after 2:00.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:30 am
"Always" Next wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I'm free on Tuesdays and Thursdays too, but only during the day. Definately no on MOndays, Wednesdays, Friday morings. Weekends are fine, just not this weekend.

what about Tuesday/Thursday morning/afternoon/nights?
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:06 pm
fine wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

what about Tuesday/Thursday morning/afternoon/nights?

if tuesday it's gotta be after 7...i got practice. any other day is cool

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum