State of the Board

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:44 pm
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:The point is, a community listens to one another. If i ever post something that offends even 1 person (just 1), i will take it down right away. I don't get why we should all do the same. I think respecting everyone (not just the majority) should be the goal of a community. Doesn't mean that stuff will change, we all joke like 90% of the time anyways. I know migya meant that to be a joke, but it backlash and offended more then just a few people.

I'm with migya here. You just can't cater to every body's wishes. You'll always find somebody that has a problem with anything that has been posted, and that's why the majority rule has to apply. That and measuring the intentions of the post. Most often than not, these issues are just big misunderstandings that can be solved just by talking, like we're doing right now.

Nothing was resolved, just ignored & I was basically told to look the other way & shut up or leave...WOW

I just asked for migyas blatant sexist ignorant post to be deleted & asked if it was acceptable, Which it shouldn't be & I would've thought that a Mod would have took it upon themselves to delete that crude post :!:

After the post remained I voiced my displeasure & did so in this thread only, I took the issue up in the State of the Board thread because I felt If his comments were acceptable than that reflects the current state of this board, especially considering that this board has seen 3 of its long time respected members leave :shock: I wonder Why :?:

Meanwhile migya was BS'ing up the Rhianna thread so I exposed the BS by comparing his original disgusting comment to his hypocritical new 180 degree denial comment, along with the horrific picture of Rhianna's face after the beating to show just how ignorant/offencive & insensitive the original post was that still remained on the board & that migya was still justifying :banghead:

I feel 110% that I have not been in the wrong in this situation, I also feel disrespected that the crude post wasn't simply just deleted by a Mod after I expressed how strongly I was offended, (I wasn't the only person either), & Instead my objection's to the post still remaining & me not just sweeping it under the rug has been more of an issue :roll:

I would understand not deleting it if it wasn't that bad but come on are you F'ing kidding me, The girl had just got her Ass kicked by a man & migya says she probably deserved the beating & should make him fuk her in her Ass :banghead:

WoW I nominate that as the worst post in the 5 years that I have been on this board, absolutely appalling & disgraceful :oops:

Again I ask was that acceptable, If not why does the post remain & what does that say about the current State of the board :?:

Shout out to Colt, Pest & 32...
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:12 am
:roll:

The normal people on this forum understood that my first post in that thread was a joke. It was crude considering the situation and more to the fact that a few members thought the topic was sensitive, too much for a joke like that, at least too quick for it.

Mods, best lock this thread as the same just keeps continuing

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:07 am
Migya, we cannot tell you in detail about this issue. But I can tell you that myself and Bada have a hard time swallowing what you said. That is just from our perspective as you may already know what the other perspective is with other members. I'm not sure how Bada could, and I'm not sure how I could either, but that statement was awfully disgusting. I mean, a joke is a joke, but you said it at the wrong place at the wrong time.

One, we don't even know the situation. We don't know why Chris Brown beat her. So to "joke" about something like that isn't right at all. Maybe any other time, that would be seen as a laughable joke. But as you can see, not only others, but myself and Bada don't see that as a laughing matter. Like I said... wrong place, wrong time.

I can't give you an exact reason to why there was no action taken against you, but I have an idea to why. And that being because we just want the drama to die and let us be at peace. Things have been tough lately as far as the drama level on this board has risen. Still, this topic is still widely discussed between us mods at the moment. So the issue isn't done, yet.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:45 am
xbay wrote:Migya, we cannot tell you in detail about this issue. But I can tell you that myself and Bada have a hard time swallowing what you said. That is just from our perspective as you may already know what the other perspective is with other members. I'm not sure how Bada could, and I'm not sure how I could either, but that statement was awfully disgusting. I mean, a joke is a joke, but you said it at the wrong place at the wrong time.

One, we don't even know the situation. We don't know why Chris Brown beat her. So to "joke" about something like that isn't right at all. Maybe any other time, that would be seen as a laughable joke. But as you can see, not only others, but myself and Bada don't see that as a laughing matter. Like I said... wrong place, wrong time.

I can't give you an exact reason to why there was no action taken against you, but I have an idea to why. And that being because we just want the drama to die and let us be at peace. Things have been tough lately as far as the drama level on this board has risen. Still, this topic is still widely discussed between us mods at the moment. So the issue isn't done, yet.

Like I said in mt last post in this thread, the timing of my joke was bad and I didn't think at the time some people on here would have been upset, I was wrong.

As I've said, that first post of mine in this thread was a joke and then I talked about this topic from a different angle with a member on here, think it was Crackerz. All it was then was a conversation about this topic of hitting someone and nothing else

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:56 am
xbay wrote:One, we don't even know the situation. We don't know why Chris Brown beat her. So to "joke" about something like that isn't right at all. Maybe any other time, that would be seen as a laughable joke. But as you can see, not only others, but myself and Bada don't see that as a laughing matter. Like I said... wrong place, wrong time.

I somewhat agree with this. I mean, that post was clearly over the top as a joke. It was excessive and offensive to a lot of people. But I still can't take action against somebody because a joke went bad. It's still a joke. As XBay says, wrong place, wrong time, but it's still a joke, not enough to ban anybody, like some members asked us to do. It has to be seen as a chance to talk over it like we're doing, so we can avoid any further mistakes like this one.

Should that post be erased?. Probably, but not until this topic has cooled down.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:13 pm
1.Myself
2.O.g Broe
3.coltraning (via Broe)
5.The Cooooach
6.josh jamison
7.war years
8.mfwilkens
9. 8th ave
10.warriorsstepup
11.xbay
12.bada (via xbay)
13.tmc (somewhat... his words)
(14-)AND others i've probably missed or unsure about

its more than a few unhappy campers just for a post. I guess we are all not "normal" :roll:

BTW, no one should be banned for this. banning is stupid, and is a quick fix to solve problems. banning should be limit to spammers or absolute bigots who attempt to cause harm in a repeated basis. This is NOT migya. So no one should be asking for his ban. Dude is awesome but IMO a poor judgment call in his part.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:57 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:1.Myself
2.O.g Broe
3.coltraning (via Broe)
5.The Cooooach
6.josh jamison
7.war years
8.mfwilkens
9. 8th ave
10.warriorsstepup
11.xbay
12.bada (via xbay)
13.tmc (somewhat... his words)
(14-)AND others i've probably missed or unsure about

its more than a few unhappy campers just for a post. I guess we are all not "normal" :roll:

BTW, no one should be banned for this. banning is stupid, and is a quick fix to solve problems. banning should be limit to spammers or absolute bigots who attempt to cause harm in a repeated basis. This is NOT migya. So no one should be asking for his ban. Dude is awesome but IMO a poor judgment call in his part.

When I said "normal individuals", I meant individuals that know what is a joke and what isn't. You were sensitive to my joke, but you know the difference, just a couple of others weren't

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:24 pm
maybe we should all just move on?

Just a thought
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:08 pm
Quazza wrote:maybe we should all just move on?

Just a thought

Some are willing to, some are not. That is just how the cookie crumbles.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:01 pm
well, that's a shame. It's pretty clear where most people are at with all this now. Something about letting sleeping dog's lye.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:59 am

Just a thought

Can't wait for it...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:19 am
TMC wrote:

Just a thought

Can't wait for it...

haha yer i bet
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:48 am
everybody needs to pick the sand out of their vaginae ASAP. it's getting annoying.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum