State of the Board

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:51 pm
I dunno, i think if its offensive to someone or somones, the poster should do the right thing and delete the post. If they do not, the mods should do it.

I am with OG broe to a certain extent, that if people complain about it, why isnt it just taking it down. It has nothing to do with "oh the majority thinks its ok, therefore its ok" tells me that society has a long way to go for progression. If we always sided with what the majority wanted, women, minorities, homosexuals, will be at even greater disadvantages. Sometimes you have to do what is right, rather than what is popular.

The point is, a community listens to one another. If i ever post something that offends even 1 person (just 1), i will take it down right away. I don't get why we should all do the same. I think respecting everyone (not just the majority) should be the goal of a community. Doesn't mean that stuff will change, we all joke like 90% of the time anyways. I know migya meant that to be a joke, but it backlash and offended more then just a few people.

If this issue is still going to be debate, then take it off, and end this argument.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:11 pm
You can pick separate quotes as much as you like but that doesn't show the whole situation, doesn't take the whole lot into account, the whole lot I wrote. Look at the whole thread and I've explained myself well and shouldn't have to over and over. The same complaining poster has been after me from thread to thread, picking out quotes of mine, some just on basketball, for years now and really, at times, has contributed nothing more to the forum instead of just statements refuting someone else's (not always me, ask uptempo) negative opinion about the team situation and ending such responses with :!: and also nothing more than blind optimism, seems innocent but not coupled with the fact he picks out others who aren't so optimistic.

Many of you new members weren't around to witness what I just explained, but the older members like TMC, xbay, d1mex and maybe bada were.

As far as what Crackerz wrote :
Mr. Crackerz wrote: The point is, a community listens to one another. If i ever post something that offends even 1 person (just 1), i will take it down right away.

That totally depends on what the issue is that that ONE person was offended about. That one person might just be some old man that doesn't like televisions, for example (something stupid like that), and doesn't want any advertising in the local shopping center about televisions, does that mean that advertisement should be taken down? Absolutely not!

Again, it is not so black and white, but the issue here is that obviously a few (as I've only seen a few on here say that they really didn't like the issue and what I wrote) are too sensitive to that sort of talk and so I have to be more careful about going on about such topics. I admit, I am quite open, not to offend anyone ofcourse, but to communicate, so I forget somewhat that others might not like such talk on such topics. ATLEAST I CAN TAKE IT ON MYSELF and admit that and though I don't think such topics should be totally banned or tabooed, I will endeavor to avoid such topics.

Main point is, not so black and white and everyday life shows us that

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:50 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I dunno, i think if its offensive to someone or somones, the poster should do the right thing and delete the post. If they do not, the mods should do it.

I am offended by the word Crack. My brother was an addict and died last year. I want your name banned and all your posts removed until it's changed.....

(see what I did there)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:00 pm
Quazza wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I dunno, i think if its offensive to someone or somones, the poster should do the right thing and delete the post. If they do not, the mods should do it.

I am offended by the word Crack. My brother was an addict and died last year. I want your name banned and all your posts removed until it's changed.....

(see what I did there)

umm my name isn't crack though, is it. its like banning the word compass for having a** in it. :roll: This is an utter joke
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:08 pm
ok even better then the word Cracker-often used as racial slang towards white people and it deeply offends me

Mods, ban!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:14 pm
This is a stupid and petty argument.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:15 pm
god

all I'm saying is what is offensive to someone, might not be to anyone else

fkn sorry I'll stay out of this thread
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:18 pm
That wasn't directed at you in particular Quazza, I actually agree with you. However it was just a dumb argument.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:20 pm
Quazza wrote:ok even better then the word Cracker-often used as racial slang towards white people and it deeply offends me

Mods, ban!!!

you'd prolly want me ban, cuz ur argument is moronic

but it doesnt offend you. the name that is. And i dont call on ban's if u can actually read what i wrote quazza. just editing or deleting posts if there offensive. Or maybe even just clear it up, as words or phrases mean different stuff. i was telling you what I would do.

Crackers are a food item. Ever hear of them? there tasty snacks. My name sounds like Ritz, a very popular cracker brand. so i add the z instead of the s to get that rep of that brand.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:24 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Quazza wrote:ok even better then the word Cracker-often used as racial slang towards white people and it deeply offends me

Mods, ban!!!

but it doesnt offend you. the name that is. And i dont call on ban's if u can actually read what i wrote quazza. just editing or deleting posts if there offensive. Or maybe even just clear it up, as words or phrases mean different stuff. i was telling you what I would do.

Crackers are a food item. Ever hear of them? there tasty snacks. My name sounds like Ritz, a very popular cracker brand. so i add the z instead of the s to get that rep of that brand.

dude, i don't have the slightest problem with u and you've completely missed my point

I'm sorry for being "moronic"

The End

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:29 pm
Quazza wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Mods, ban!!!

dude, i don't have the slightest problem with u and you've completely missed my point

The End

no i got ur point... its just your excessively reaching and uncertainty of what the hell ur say... are u joking/ are u not? theres no smileys so i dunno. i mean c'mon, I'm trying to make it so there no misunderstandings in the future or something and u just goin on and on, and i got no clue what the hell ur getting at
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:37 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Quazza wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Mods, ban!!!

The End

no i got ur point... its just your excessively reaching and uncertainty of what the hell ur say... are u joking/ are u not? theres no smileys so i dunno. i mean c'mon, I'm trying to make it so there no misunderstandings in the future or something and u just goin on and on, and i got no clue what the hell ur getting at

ditto (i think-found that hard to understand)
Last edited by Quazza on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:38 pm
Quazza wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Quazza wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Mods, ban!!!

The End

ditto (i think)

lol i hope not.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:43 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:The point is, a community listens to one another. If i ever post something that offends even 1 person (just 1), i will take it down right away. I don't get why we should all do the same. I think respecting everyone (not just the majority) should be the goal of a community. Doesn't mean that stuff will change, we all joke like 90% of the time anyways. I know migya meant that to be a joke, but it backlash and offended more then just a few people.

I'm with migya here. You just can't cater to everybody's wishes. You'll always find somebody that has a problem with anything that has been posted, and that's why the majority rule has to apply. That and measuring the intentions of the post. Most often than not, these issues are just big misunderstandings that can be solved just by talking, like we're doing right now.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:55 am
excuse me, but only we can say "cracker". If you ain't white, you can't.

And if you slip up and say it by accident, you have to say "cracka" not "crackER"

:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum