'09 Trade Deadline stuff

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:18 pm
War Years wrote: But Sessions is weak on assists, averaging 4.8 assists whereas Duhon is 8.0.

True, but that stat is misleading, as Sessions has played as a backup til recently, and some of those minutes came as Redd's backup at SG, not at PG.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:21 pm
War Years wrote:
TMC wrote:
War Years wrote:Since everybody in the know on this trade board thinks New York is the place to go for the big NBA Holiday Sale-a-Bration. The consensus is that we need a PF or a pure PG. The problem with the PG position is that a good point guard for the w's scheme is rare and at a premium. Hell, a good PG in ANY scheme is at a premium.

As far as a PG goes, I would say the one nugget being overlooked is Chris Duhon, who is going to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. I haven't read anything about the Knicks intention to resign him.

I thought of him immediately after Baron left. he made quite an impression on me last year when the Bulls came into town undermanned and kicked our ass, Duhon scored 34 points.

The obvious problem however is that after his performance this year with the Knicks, Duhon will be much more expensive. And it is still hard to imagine that the Knicks won't take every opportunity to resign him. But he is much more proven than Ramon Sessions for example, and I think he would work well with us.

Well, they're different players. For starters, Duhon is a much better defensive player, while Sessions is a better ballhandler and possibly a bit better on the offensive side.

I'd also take Duhon over him, tho, but just by a hair. None of them are going to be that great, but if you surround them with talented players, both can be good enough to start.

One more thing on Duhon: he has one more year on his deal after the current one.

TMC, Thanks for updating me about his contract.

Sessions might be a good prospect like Duhon was like last year, But you can probably make a case that Duhon is the most improved PG in the NBA. Last year he ranked 234 efficiency wise and now he's ranked 67 ahead of Baron 87, and Crawford 89, and he's played more minutes than either. Sessions ranks 118 with about 2/3 the minutes of Duhon. But Sessions is weak on assists, averaging 4.8 assists whereas Duhon is 8.0.
If we were going to go the point guard route, we could sure use one that could play Defense!

thats ramon sessions' assist numbers for the year. check out his starting numbers... in 11 starts he's averaging 7 assists and 1.9 steals.

you really cant go wrong with either duhon or sessions...but IMO sessions is the better set up man (his assist numbers would inflate in a run n gun system) and duhon is the better defender. im sure new york isnt gonna give up duhon (especially since d'antoni has been trying to get him since phoenix), so sessions would be the better bet.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:54 pm
E-Man wrote:
War Years wrote:
TMC wrote:
War Years wrote:Since everybody in the know on this trade board thinks New York is the place to go for the big NBA Holiday Sale-a-Bration. The consensus is that we need a PF or a pure PG. The problem with the PG position is that a good point guard for the w's scheme is rare and at a premium. Hell, a good PG in ANY scheme is at a premium.

As far as a PG goes, I would say the one nugget being overlooked is Chris Duhon, who is going to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. I haven't read anything about the Knicks intention to resign him.

I thought of him immediately after Baron left. he made quite an impression on me last year when the Bulls came into town undermanned and kicked our ass, Duhon scored 34 points.

The obvious problem however is that after his performance this year with the Knicks, Duhon will be much more expensive. And it is still hard to imagine that the Knicks won't take every opportunity to resign him. But he is much more proven than Ramon Sessions for example, and I think he would work well with us.

Well, they're different players. For starters, Duhon is a much better defensive player, while Sessions is a better ballhandler and possibly a bit better on the offensive side.

I'd also take Duhon over him, tho, but just by a hair. None of them are going to be that great, but if you surround them with talented players, both can be good enough to start.

One more thing on Duhon: he has one more year on his deal after the current one.

TMC, Thanks for updating me about his contract.

Sessions might be a good prospect like Duhon was like last year, But you can probably make a case that Duhon is the most improved PG in the NBA. Last year he ranked 234 efficiency wise and now he's ranked 67 ahead of Baron 87, and Crawford 89, and he's played more minutes than either. Sessions ranks 118 with about 2/3 the minutes of Duhon. But Sessions is weak on assists, averaging 4.8 assists whereas Duhon is 8.0.
If we were going to go the point guard route, we could sure use one that could play Defense!

thats ramon sessions' assist numbers for the year. check out his starting numbers... in 11 starts he's averaging 7 assists and 1.9 steals.

you really cant go wrong with either duhon or sessions...but IMO sessions is the better set up man (his assist numbers would inflate in a run n gun system) and duhon is the better defender. im sure new york isnt gonna give up duhon (especially since d'antoni has been trying to get him since phoenix), so sessions would be the better bet.

also don't forget NY does the run and gun style now with D'antoni at the helm. That's going to bump up duhon's numbers.

hurry up and make some trades people!!!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:03 pm
I don't think we're going to make any moves before the deadline unfortunately

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:21 pm
Quazza wrote:I don't think we're going to make any moves before the deadline unfortunately

I think you're right.
War Years
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:54 pm
War Years wrote:
Quazza wrote:I don't think we're going to make any moves before the deadline unfortunately

I think you're right.

oh yeah man, no one want's our shiit.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:07 am
first off wrote:
War Years wrote:

I think you're right.

oh yeah man, no one want's our shiit.

OK so scratch that...

check out it out:

Chad Ford wrote:You'll be reading a lot before the deadline about what might happen and what will happen. But here are five trades that should happen. While all of the players involved in these scenarios have been mentioned in trade talks, these deals are hypothetical. I am not saying that they will happen, or that they even have been discussed by teams -- I'm just saying they should happen.

Most of the teams listed here won't pull the trigger, but they'll regret that decision down the road:

1. Raptors send Chris Bosh to the Warriors for Andris Biedrins, Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf, Marco Belinelli and a future No. 1 pick

• View this deal in the ESPN Trade Machine

Why should the Raptors do it?
Because the writing is on the wall in Toronto. I'm not sure how the Raptors are going to keep Bosh in 2010, and, no, I don't think adding Shawn Marion really helps in the long term. This deal would give them a ton of young talent to rebuild. And the fact that much of it has an international flavor only makes it sweeter for Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo.

Why should the Warriors do it?
You don't get the chance to add an All-Star big man every day. And with Monta Ellis and Corey Maggette, the Warriors would have the building blocks to be special again. Will it happen?
The biggest question is whether the Warriors, the most dysfunctional franchise in the NBA, could keep Bosh. They would have enough talent to convince Bosh to stay, but their situation is so messed up that it's a big risk.

The second biggest question is whether the Raptors would do it. Colangelo has been pretty adamant that they won't deal Bosh at the deadline. But if they were able to get this much talent in return, he'd have to take a long look.

2. Trail Blazers send Raef LaFrentz, Sergio Rodriguez and Nicolas Batum to the Bobcats for Gerald Wallace and Sean May

Wallace
Wallace
LaFrentz
LaFrentz

Why should the Blazers do it?
This is the perfect market for a team like Portland to pick up an excellent player without giving up much in return. Rodriguez and Batum have promise, but Wallace is the real deal. He would add the kind of toughness and versatility that could put the Blazers over the top.

Why should the Bobcats do it?
They are rebuilding this team in Larry Brown's image. This deal gives them some young talent, but more importantly some cap space. Given their recent moves, they could use it.

Will it happen?
The Blazers are in an enviable position. They have what might be the best asset in the NBA right now in LaFrentz's contract.

Sources say that they have their choice of Wallace, Richard Jefferson or Caron Butler if they're willing to send a few young players and LaFrentz's contract. Wallace, Jefferson and Butler all have their strengths, but for the Blazers' needs, I think Wallace is the best fit.

3. Knicks send David Lee, Malik Rose and Jared Jeffries to the Bulls for Tyrus Thomas and Larry Hughes.

Thomas
Thomas
Lee
Lee

Why should the Knicks do it?
It would help the Knicks tremendously in the summer of 2010. Not only would it clear the last $6 million of Jeffries' deal off the books, but it would ease the Knicks' worries about losing Lee for nothing this summer in free agency.

If Thomas were to keep developing, they could pay him in the summer of 2010 along with LeBron. If he were to struggle, they could let him go and bring in two big free agents with all of their cap room. In the meantime, Hughes would help shore up a big hole at the 2 and he too would come off the books in 2010.

Why should the Bulls do it?
Lee would bring a change in culture to the franchise. He's a double-double machine and a good locker room guy. They'd have to pay him this summer, but given the horrific financial market, it probably wouldn't cost them a fortune. It also would save them some money heading into the summer; getting Hughes off the books would clear an extra $7 million or so under the cap.

Will it happen?
Maybe. The Knicks don't want to lose Lee for nothing and they would love to move Jeffries' contract. The Bulls need a shake-up and adding Lee would help get the team back to its winning ways.

4. New Orleans Hornets send Tyson Chandler to Oklahoma City for Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox and Mouhamed Sene and the first-round pick the San Antonio Spurs owe the Thunder.

Smith
Smith
Chandler
Chandler

Why should the Thunder should do it?
Chandler in the middle would help complete their rebuilding process. He's the shot-blocking, rebounding machine the team has lacked since its days in Seattle.

Why should the Hornets do it?
This would be a cap-saving maneuver by the Hornets. It wouldn't make great basketball sense, but they would get a first-round pick and some veteran help for the playoffs in Joe Smith.

Will it happen?
The Thunder are looking to be active. This deal would cut into their cap space this summer but, honestly, would they really lure anyone better than Chandler in free agency?

As for the Hornets, they need to get under the luxury-tax threshold. This would accomplish that in a hurry while still providing some assets for next year.

5. Cavs trade Wally Szczerbiak to the Wizards for Antawn Jamison and Etan Thomas.

Jamison
Jamison
Szczerbiak
Szczerbiak

Why should the Cavs do it?
The team wants to win a title now and could use an upgrade at the 4. Adding Jamison would give the Cavs another dynamic scorer and veteran.

Why should the Wizards do it?
Because they are paying a huge amount of money for one of the worst teams in basketball. When Gilbert Arenas returns, they'll be better, but by how much? This deal would put them slightly below the cap next year.

Will it happen?
The Cavs are looking at potential Szczerbiak deals and Jamison isn't the only guy they covet. Mike Miller and Vince Carter have also been mentioned.

I'd give up everyone but turiaf... I mean is ford crazy? we'd have a front court rotation of....

Brandan Wright or Azu /Corey
Chris Bosh/ Kurz
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:48 am
Five trades that should happen
By Chad Ford

1. Raptors send Chris Bosh to the Warriors for Andris Biedrins, Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf, Marco Belinelli and a future No. 1 pick

Why should the Raptors do it?
Because the writing is on the wall in Toronto. I'm not sure how the Raptors are going to keep Bosh in 2010, and, no, I don't think adding Shawn Marion really helps in the long term. This deal would give them a ton of young talent to rebuild. And the fact that much of it has an international flavor only makes it sweeter for Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo.

Why should the Warriors do it?
You don't get the chance to add an All-Star big man every day. And with Monta Ellis and Corey Maggette, the Warriors would have the building blocks to be special again. Will it happen?
The biggest question is whether the Warriors, the most dysfunctional franchise in the NBA, could keep Bosh. They would have enough talent to convince Bosh to stay, but their situation is so messed up that it's a big risk.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/s ... ons-090217
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:20 am
Crawford
Ellis
Buike
Jax
Bosh

Maggs,
Wright
CJ

Beans, Turiaf, Randolph (for atleast 3 more years) vs Bosh (for 2 years).....I'd prefer what we already have.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:35 pm
I'm sure it's in the news articles section but...

NOR just gave Chandler for OKC's Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox and draft rights to their 2008 selection. never really been sure what that means

meh, Chandler has never really impressed me. I'd make a move for Wilcox this summer if we can get him for cheap, but beyond that this trade means little to me.

at least New Orleans gets a little worse.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:42 pm
Don't know why the Hornets would do that, it breaks up there core and Chandler was a serious piece of their puzzle

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:58 am
migya wrote:Don't know why the Hornets would do that, it breaks up there core and Chandler was a serious piece of their puzzle

they were well over the cap and they had to get rid of one of their big names... they be stupid to get rid of CP3 or West, and Stoiakovic supposedly wasn't generating any trade interest. I think their two stars are still there so they will be all right...

it's not like Chandler was one in a million, he wasn't shiit until Paul started throwing him alley opps
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:38 am
first off wrote:
migya wrote:Don't know why the Hornets would do that, it breaks up there core and Chandler was a serious piece of their puzzle

they were well over the cap and they had to get rid of one of their big names... they be stupid to get rid of CP3 or West, and Stoiakovic supposedly wasn't generating any trade interest. I think their two stars are still there so they will be all right...

it's not like Chandler was one in a million, he wasn't shiit until Paul started throwing him alley opps

I don't know their salaries but they seem to be a victiom of lack of funds, be it that they are in a city that has gone through a bad time or something else. They don't seem to have a replacement for Chandler though and neither Wilcox nor Joe Smith seem to replace him well

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:51 am
Hornets Offered Chandler To Bulls

Tyson Chandler was offered back to Chicago for Joakim Noah and the expiring contract of Drew Gooden before New Orleans dealt the former Bull to Oklahoma City, Mike McGraw of the Daily Herald is reporting.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... _to_bulls/

If this is real, the Hornets are fools. They could have had an expirer and a pretty good young Center

Sources: Blazers Enter Carter Derby

Sources say the Blazers and Nets have discussed a deal that would exchange Vince Carter for Raef LaFrentz and his expiring contract along with Travis Outlaw and Sergio Rodriguez.

Channing Frye could also be included if the Nets include Sean Williams or Stromile Swift.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... ter_derby/

Blazers get Carter, they are real darkhorses for the playoffs. All they need is Oden to finally be pretty good, just that even, and they have a complete roster

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:31 pm
Somebody make a trade God Damnit!
EDIT----
ask and ye shall recieve!

sac's
Miller

for

Chi-town's
Noccioni, Gooden and Simmons
Last edited by first off on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
PreviousNext

Return to Trades