What about this one guys....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:13 am
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

biedrins
crawford
wright
2009 1st rnd pick

for

chris bosh
anthony parker

bring back hendrix

Ellis/watson/williams
parker/belli/morrow
jackson/buike/kurz
mags/randolph/davidson
bosh/turiaf/hendrix

just think of bosh and randolp playing along side eachother.... wow.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:48 am
I got a better one: Maggette, Belinelli, Wright and 1st round pick for Bosh.

The Raptors don't want anybody near free agency. No one besides maybe international players will stay there. They don't like paying 50% taxes and I don't think that black folks like the cold air up there (they tropical people :wink:). They would love to have guys who are either locked up or who are restricted FA's. This trade gives them a scoring machine in Maggette to replace Bosh's scoring. It also gives them backcourt depth they need in Marco and a good PF prospect in B.Wright to replace Bosh. I think he'd really benefit by playing with Calderon and getting good entry passes.

Then there's the lottery pick, which means they will be stocked with more young talent under club control indefinitely. They'd want Randolph more i'm sure, but too bad those salaries don't work suckers!

This would be so awesome

By the way what was the point of them changing the trade machine

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:01 pm
David Wood wrote:I got a better one: Maggette, Belinelli, Wright and 1st round pick for Bosh.

The Raptors don't want anybody near free agency. No one besides maybe international players will stay there. They don't like paying 50% taxes and I don't think that black folks like the cold air up there (they tropical people :wink:). They would love to have guys who are either locked up or who are restricted FA's. This trade gives them a scoring machine in Maggette to replace Bosh's scoring. It also gives them backcourt depth they need in Marco and a good PF prospect in B.Wright to replace Bosh. I think he'd really benefit by playing with Calderon and getting good entry passes.

Then there's the lottery pick, which means they will be stocked with more young talent under club control indefinitely. They'd want Randolph more i'm sure, but too bad those salaries don't work suckers!

This would be so awesome

By the way what was the point of them changing the trade machine

in a perfect world that trade would be plausible
unfortunately, i don't think any trade for a top player can take place without letting go of either ellis or biedrins
i'd rather keep biedrins since the warriors already lack size
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:40 pm
Man I hope not. After seeing how well the Warriors are playing with Ronny in the middle I'd almost rather see Biedrins traded. If we got Bosh, that would off-set the size loss to some degree.

The problem with trading beans is he's a BYC player. That means his trade salary is like $ 5 million. That means the Warriors would have to throw in one of our highly paid pieces like Maggette, Crawford or Jackson and there's no way the warriors would do that unless the other team gave us back another talented player to go along with the star.

You don't think the Raptors would be better off with Maggs, two second year lottery picks and a good lottery pick next year?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:51 pm
David Wood wrote:I got a better one: Maggette, Belinelli, Wright and 1st round pick for Bosh.

I have been talking about a similar proposal for about two weeks now:

Maggette (the salary to make it work and by the best SG/SF on the Raps), Azu/Belinelli (better than any SG/SF currently on the Raps), BWright/Randolph (replace Bosh, have potential to be a star like him and already block more shots than him, in much less court time) and this draft's 1st rounder (likely top 5-7).

That was until the very recent trade by Raptors and Heat, as now Raptors don't have another big next to Bosh and Bargnani is yet to show he can rebound and block shots well enough to be considered a viable big there

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:47 am
Wow..............Mista is back! :wink:
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:35 am
David Wood wrote:...The Raptors don't want anybody near free agency...

so that statements kinda off. Marion?

David Wood wrote:...By the way what was the point of them changing the trade machine?

they changed the entire espn site to make it look nicer (more flash animations). just makes everything slightly longer to access and more annoying. I hate it.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:03 pm
Yah the Jermaine O'Neal trade pretty much squashed any hope of getting Bosh. I'm thinking we should just stand pat right now.

What I don't get is why the Raptors made that trade. JO was the biggest expiring contract in the league. They'd have $21 million off the books. Not to mentiion Marion is a free agent after this year (I guess they can't really sign free agents though).

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:23 am
David Wood wrote:Yah the Jermaine O'Neal trade pretty much squashed any hope of getting Bosh. I'm thinking we should just stand pat right now.

What I don't get is why the Raptors made that trade. JO was the biggest expiring contract in the league. They'd have $21 million off the books. Not to mentiion Marion is a free agent after this year (I guess they can't really sign free agents though).

marion is a pretty big expirer too. and if they want to keep him, he'd flourish in their system (which is a lot faster than miami's). toronto got a defender just as good (if not better than) o'neal, and someone who'd work well with bosh. bosh was more effective without JO on the floor with him and marion is like an upgraded moon. trade made sense for both sides.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:19 am
E-Man wrote:
David Wood wrote:Yah the Jermaine O'Neal trade pretty much squashed any hope of getting Bosh. I'm thinking we should just stand pat right now.

marion is a pretty big expirer too. and if they want to keep him, he'd flourish in their system (which is a lot faster than miami's). toronto got a defender just as good (if not better than) o'neal, and someone who'd work well with bosh. bosh was more effective without JO on the floor with him and marion is like an upgraded moon. trade made sense for both sides.

Good call, that sounds about right. Maybe they think they have a better shot at resigning Marion too since he won't have the problems coexisting with Bosh like you mentioned. To me they are like a good shooting guard away from being a competitive team in the east that could test the Pistons and Magic.

It must suck to be them and never be able to sign any free agents and having your own free agents bolt as soon as they can.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:23 am
David Wood wrote:
E-Man wrote:

Good call, that sounds about right. Maybe they think they have a better shot at resigning Marion too since he won't have the problems coexisting with Bosh like you mentioned. To me they are like a good shooting guard away from being a competitive team in the east that could test the Pistons and Magic.

It must suck to be them and never be able to sign any free agents and having your own free agents bolt as soon as they can.

i actually think parker is doing a pretty good job over there. to me, theyre a defensive and rebounding center away from competing with the east's elite. bargnani isnt much of a defensive presence, and bosh doesnt really scare many people in the paint. if they can either upgrade bargnani or get a serviceable backup that spends about the same time on the court as bargnani, then they can do some serious damage.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:57 pm
bigstrads wrote:Wow..............Mista is back! :wink:

Wattup BIGS!!! MISSED YOU BRO =)
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:03 pm
E-Man wrote:
David Wood wrote:
E-Man wrote:

making this trade for parker and bosh would make us a contender, parker is the steal of this trade, he gives us size at the shooting guard postiion and solid defense.... something we diddn't have at the shooting guard position since we made the playoffs with j rich.

i actually think parker is doing a pretty good job over there. to me, theyre a defensive and rebounding center away from competing with the east's elite. bargnani isnt much of a defensive presence, and bosh doesnt really scare many people in the paint. if they can either upgrade bargnani or get a serviceable backup that spends about the same time on the court as bargnani, then they can do some serious damage.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:42 pm
E-Man wrote:
David Wood wrote:
E-Man wrote:

which i reckon is what they thought they were getting with JO

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 am
Quazza wrote:
E-Man wrote:
David Wood wrote:
E-Man wrote:

which i reckon is what they thought they were getting with JO

nah not really. for one, he was injured most of the time he was there. and for 2, they tried to make him a scoring option. he was a good defensive source, but he wasn't rebounding at the rate they wanted him to and wasnt the scorer they thought he'd be.

itll also be different cuz now they have marion. if they were able to keep their same team in tact and just add marion then theyd be a team to reckon with in the east.

Return to Trades