Disalusioned Fan Base = Trouble.......So How Do We fix This?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:06 pm
Jackattack wrote:
TMC wrote:I think it's time to add my own personal imput into this. 32 was just a bad influence for this board. We miss a member able to offer great insight on the Warriors, but the board is gonna be a lot more peaceful without him around.

It's not only what you say, but 32's contentious nature made him a prominent character in every spat we've ever had on this board. And his quarrel with Migya was personal already. 32 just didn't stop to try to get him banned, and that happens to be our job, not his. A job we do for free and because we enjoy this place and interacting with our members.

I'm not saying he didn't have a point at times, because migya has made some mistakes over the years, but we all do. And he never, ever, attacked anybody personally without being provoked. I can't punish that with a ban. Cases like those have to be solved talking, looking for an agreement about what's acceptable and what's not. But never actively looking to ban another member because you don't like him.


word. You guys have done a great job!
I cannot believe you guys put up with our bs....

another win last night! this place already feels more at ease.


Which "win" was that then? the one against Portland..............or the one where "someone" said they were leaving? :wink:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:38 pm
That'd be the Portland win boss.

While it's nice to not have a ton of bickering around here, I don't take pleasure in seeing someone go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:40 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Jackattack wrote:
TMC wrote:I think it's time to add my own personal imput into this. 32 was just a bad influence for this board. We miss a member able to offer great insight on the Warriors, but the board is gonna be a lot more peaceful without him around.

It's not only what you say, but 32's contentious nature made him a prominent character in every spat we've ever had on this board. And his quarrel with Migya was personal already. 32 just didn't stop to try to get him banned, and that happens to be our job, not his. A job we do for free and because we enjoy this place and interacting with our members.

I'm not saying he didn't have a point at times, because migya has made some mistakes over the years, but we all do. And he never, ever, attacked anybody personally without being provoked. I can't punish that with a ban. Cases like those have to be solved talking, looking for an agreement about what's acceptable and what's not. But never actively looking to ban another member because you don't like him.


word. You guys have done a great job!
I cannot believe you guys put up with our bs....

another win last night! this place already feels more at ease.


Which "win" was that then? the one against Portland..............or the one where "someone" said they were leaving? :wink:


A win is a win... :mrgreen:

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:29 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Jackattack wrote:
TMC wrote:I think it's time to add my own personal imput into this. 32 was just a bad influence for this board. We miss a member able to offer great insight on the Warriors, but the board is gonna be a lot more peaceful without him around.

It's not only what you say, but 32's contentious nature made him a prominent character in every spat we've ever had on this board. And his quarrel with Migya was personal already. 32 just didn't stop to try to get him banned, and that happens to be our job, not his. A job we do for free and because we enjoy this place and interacting with our members.

I'm not saying he didn't have a point at times, because migya has made some mistakes over the years, but we all do. And he never, ever, attacked anybody personally without being provoked. I can't punish that with a ban. Cases like those have to be solved talking, looking for an agreement about what's acceptable and what's not. But never actively looking to ban another member because you don't like him.


word. You guys have done a great job!
I cannot believe you guys put up with our bs....

another win last night! this place already feels more at ease.


Which "win" was that then? the one against Portland..............or the one where "someone" said they were leaving? :wink:


haha that made me laugh...it was a good joke... but i do agree with jackattack , in the whole "pleasure of leaving" comment of his. Its never fun when someone leaves
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:45 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Jackattack wrote:
TMC wrote:I think it's time to add my own personal imput into this. 32 was just a bad influence for this board. We miss a member able to offer great insight on the Warriors, but the board is gonna be a lot more peaceful without him around.

It's not only what you say, but 32's contentious nature made him a prominent character in every spat we've ever had on this board. And his quarrel with Migya was personal already. 32 just didn't stop to try to get him banned, and that happens to be our job, not his. A job we do for free and because we enjoy this place and interacting with our members.

I'm not saying he didn't have a point at times, because migya has made some mistakes over the years, but we all do. And he never, ever, attacked anybody personally without being provoked. I can't punish that with a ban. Cases like those have to be solved talking, looking for an agreement about what's acceptable and what's not. But never actively looking to ban another member because you don't like him.


word. You guys have done a great job!
I cannot believe you guys put up with our bs....

another win last night! this place already feels more at ease.


Which "win" was that then? the one against Portland..............or the one where "someone" said they were leaving? :wink:


haha that made me laugh...it was a good joke... but i do agree with jackattack , in the whole "pleasure of leaving" comment of his. Its never fun when someone leaves


It is when the person who leaves is a complete c*ck smoker.

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:09 pm
I've always enjoyed my cock being smoked :?:
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:11 pm
especially when it's complete
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:16 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:57 am
I don't mean to provoke anyone because this thread is all about creating some peace here . . . but I feel like some of you guys are really creating double standards here with regards to how we should treat each other. Some people are talking about how 32 would call people out in inappropriate ways (which is, I feel, a bit unfair for the record) and yet here you are throwing pot shots at the guy's memory.

I have not been around as long as some, but I have been here longer than it may seem. I've seen 32 contribute more to this board than just about anyone else I can think of. I've seen him constantly outperforming his opponents in debates, usually without resorting to any inappropriate or immature tactics. I've seen him get heated, but then again I've seen you guys get heated as well ("you guys" meaning the people who are dogging 32, and really just about every member here regardless of tenure or rank). I don't care if you have issues with him; my issue is that regardless of whatever personal problems you have with him, you're treating him the way you are saying he treated you: really poorly, to put it nicely... Isn't the whole point of these threads for us to GROW UP and show some respect to each other?

32 never disrespected me personally, and whenever I saw him say anything remotely close to unnecessary or rude, there was usually someone else on the other side being just as juvenile. It takes two to fight. How about we all stop complaining about the PAST and act like adults. Maybe then we can dig ourselves out of whatever hole we're in.

And with that I hope I won't have to post in this thread again. Thanks for reading -- and hopefully considering -- my input.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21382
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:06 am
PaWnOgRaFfItI wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Pawno you are such a meth head, you are a day ahead of us. :mrgreen: :wink:

btw, how come you type with an accent?
the other Aussies speak perfect English...
:scratch: :crazy: :drinking: :dontknow: :evil4:


other Aussies??? Have you heard Migya's mouth.....

"Cock burgers in Salimi Pussystream"

Migya is from the otherside of OZ... cross the desert... Brisbane is the entree and if yu keep travelling acoss the outback you arrive in perth.

Dude i can tell his the one who types with a accent... pure redneck repping the Southern Cross...



No rednecks here mate, except any that may have come over from Brisbane, more specifically, your end of the ghetto :mrgreen:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21382
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:09 am
bigstrads wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Jackattack wrote:
TMC wrote:I think it's time to add my own personal imput into this. 32 was just a bad influence for this board. We miss a member able to offer great insight on the Warriors, but the board is gonna be a lot more peaceful without him around.

It's not only what you say, but 32's contentious nature made him a prominent character in every spat we've ever had on this board. And his quarrel with Migya was personal already. 32 just didn't stop to try to get him banned, and that happens to be our job, not his. A job we do for free and because we enjoy this place and interacting with our members.

I'm not saying he didn't have a point at times, because migya has made some mistakes over the years, but we all do. And he never, ever, attacked anybody personally without being provoked. I can't punish that with a ban. Cases like those have to be solved talking, looking for an agreement about what's acceptable and what's not. But never actively looking to ban another member because you don't like him.


word. You guys have done a great job!
I cannot believe you guys put up with our bs....

another win last night! this place already feels more at ease.


Which "win" was that then? the one against Portland..............or the one where "someone" said they were leaving? :wink:


haha that made me laugh...it was a good joke... but i do agree with jackattack , in the whole "pleasure of leaving" comment of his. Its never fun when someone leaves


It is when the person who leaves is a complete c*ck smoker.



They haven't been around long enough to have witnessed the crap that trouble maker constantly came up with. I might bring back some old threads, if they still exist, where he showcased his work
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:07 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:27 pm
bigstrads wrote:Im posting this here, as I feel that the few remaining smart, sensible, credible, REAL people only post in Off Topic now............so here goes.

We are all suffering from what I believe is the worst period of fan-dom we have experienced in a long time, if ever...........this season, for me, is far worse than 90's and early 2000 losing teams, simply because those teams were just crap.................this team isnt really crap, its just so poorly constructed and run, that it breeds such resentment, people are just beginning to not give a crap.

This is having a very bad affect on this board, as I and others like me are just not wanting to post here anymore...............not because the team is losing and we are bandwagoners or bad fans but just because its the same old crap, every day, game after game, decision after decision, post after post.

So, we cant change the team or how its run..................but we can change this place and how its day to day running affects and motivates us.

So what do we do?..............I think we should suggest, however random or pointless your suggestions may be, just spit out anything that comes into your mind about what needs to happen to this place for it to return to some of its former glory.

Heres a couple from me =

1 - Those who are continually involved in the petty, useless, fact-less, pathetic arguments..............need to take a break, have some time away, leave all together if you want.............just no-more of the "Woe is me" or "Everyone is against me" or "Im better than everyone" bull sh*t..............because that is making things SOOOOOO much worse.

2 - A little extreme this one..............but I think we should possibly stop new sign-ups, heres why =

A: There are alot of new people here who I have no idea who they are or where they came from..............we all know the best thing about this place, and the best times we have all had here are when we are familiar and comfortable with one another.............when we understand and know who we are talking too and can take the odd comment for what it is, and not blow our balls out because it "sounds" off.

B: I can imagine some new people signing up at a time like this and making things worse and finally driving the nail in the coffin of those who are on the brink of leaving.

This could be a troll, a returning retard child (you all know who I mean) or simply just a dumb ass fan who has no idea what he/she is talking about but thinks they do.
.
.
.
Those are just a couple of my thoughts..............you guys know Ive always been a sort of protector of this place and wouldnt know what to do if I didnt have this place to come to and vent, and although Ive been one of the ones to kind of abandon this place, I do feel bad about that and dont want to anymore.

So what do we do? do we continue down this road? do we do nothing? or do we all talk like adults, get our concerns out in the open and try to get this place back to somewhere that we all want it to be............ie: a place that WE WANT TO COME TO, and enjoy conversing with all the different types of people who inhabit it.

I posted this in the "Announcement" thread but just do me a favour and try this little excercise =

bigstrads wrote:Just one thing to think about moving forwards..............every one of you try and do this and realise what the result of this means

1 - Think of either the most fun/enjoyment you got out of this place in a single moment or thread, it could even be a long period of time where you and a bunch of guys just had some great laughs/disucssions.

2 - Now think of where it was (forum section wise) and who was involved.

Now Im betting that A: It wasnt in the Warriors Basketball forum and B: Atleast half of those involved who contributed to your fun are either not here or dont post much anymore.
What you just said was the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. No where in your incoherent babbling where you even close to a good point which could be considered a rational thought. Every one who read what you said is now dumber from reading this. I award you no points. And may god have mercy on your soul.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:35 pm
BarrolasJenkins = banned AGAIN!!!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:38 pm
God that phrase is bouncing all around the internet, from the movie billy madision i believe. Kids actually think its funny when they use it.
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest