looks like the heat is out of the running for amare....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:46 am
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3905146

I think the raptors slightly got the better end of this deal.

Thoughts?
Clifford Rozier rememer him?

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:24 pm
both teams got what they needed.
I think that Warriors wont be trading anyone this season
Latvians are balts, not slavics.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:57 pm
i disagree. i think miami got the better of the deal. now they have a lineup that they can use. with chalmers and wade in the back court, they now have beasley, haslem, and JO in the frontcourt. with moon coming off the bench for beasley...or moon can even start if they wanted him to.

toronto is the better team with this trade cuz now they can start bargnani and bosh with marion.

but as far as their situations, miami improved more by getting a legit guy who can play center and be some kind of force in the middle.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:08 pm
Except that I dont know how much of a "force" JO is anymore. He seems like a shell of himself these days.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:15 pm
bada wrote:Except that I dont know how much of a "force" JO is anymore. He seems like a shell of himself these days.

yeah, but i meant on the defensive end. sorry, i should have mentioned that. they have scorers in wade, haslem, and beasley. JO shouldnt have to do much scoring. if he gets 13ppg and plays defense, then they are way ahead of where they were to start the season.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:44 pm
E-Man wrote:i disagree. i think miami got the better of the deal. now they have a lineup that they can use. with chalmers and wade in the back court, they now have beasley, haslem, and JO in the frontcourt. with moon coming off the bench for beasley...or moon can even start if they wanted him to.

toronto is the better team with this trade cuz now they can start bargnani and bosh with marion.

but as far as their situations, miami improved more by getting a legit guy who can play center and be some kind of force in the middle.

I agree, though, as Bada said, Jermaine is not what he used to be, but as you said, all he has to do is the defense and rebounding.

Marion was nothing like he used to be in Phoenix this season and it was hard for the Heat not to improve on him. I reckon Moon will start and he does similar to Marion, with a bit less rebounding and less scoring, but he fits well there.

The Raptors basically got salary relief, as Marion is out of there this offseason and they can look to get a good player to add to there team, preferrably a good SG

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:06 pm
Memphis pulled themselves out of the running last week as well. They didn't want to include Rudy Gay in the deal.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to Trades