Other fantasy leagues for those interested

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:09 am
xbay wrote:Alright, cool.

Hopefully, the return of Boozer after the all-star break will make up for what I'm losing in AJ. I doubt it... because it's hard to replace a 22/10 guy. I mean, yeah, Boozer did average about the same numbers, but he's coming back from injury... so who knows.

yeah, or maybe u can find some diamond in the rough (ala free agency). I'm starting to llike ryan anderson of the nets. He is making me feel better after i dropped brand for him
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:14 am

Hopefully, the return of Boozer after the all-star break will make up for what I'm losing in AJ. I doubt it... because it's hard to replace a 22/10 guy. I mean, yeah, Boozer did average about the same numbers, but he's coming back from injury... so who knows.

You need Boozer quick and he isn't set to come back for a few more weeks. Hopefully he'll come back sooner and start playing like he was straight away

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:15 am
migya wrote:

You need Boozer quick and he isn't set to come back for a few more weeks. Hopefully he'll come back sooner and start playing like he was straight away

Actually, he set his return date for the 17th. If not, he'll try the 20th.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:17 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

Actually, he set his return date for the 17th. If not, he'll try the 20th.

he's coming back in the 17th... trade deadline is the 19th, and we all know he wants out.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:44 pm
Hey fellas, if you guys can respond to this ASAP, that'd be great.

I got a trade offer, here it is...

I trade away: Kobe Bryant, Thaddeus Young
Opponent trades away: Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony

Would you do it? I'm currently on a horrible slide as of late losing, I believe, the last 5 match ups by wide margins. I was in third, but I slid to ninth and I'm 70-81-3. Here's the rest of my squad...

Brandon Roy, John Salmons, Hedo Turkoglu, Al Horford, Shaq, Grant Hill, Hakim Warrick, Rudy Fernandez, Nenad Krstic, Ryan Gomes, Jason Terry, Gerald Wallace.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:53 pm
xbay wrote:Hey fellas, if you guys can respond to this ASAP, that'd be great.

Would you do it? I'm currently on a horrible slide as of late losing, I believe, the last 5 match ups by wide margins. I was in third, but I slid to ninth and I'm 70-81-3. Here's the rest of my squad...

Brandon Roy, John Salmons, Hedo Turkoglu, Al Horford, Shaq, Grant Hill, Hakim Warrick, Rudy Fernandez, Nenad Krstic, Ryan Gomes, Jason Terry, Gerald Wallace.

the thing id be worried about pierce come playoff time..but 1st goal would be to get into the playoffs. i think young is gonna increase his rebounds again now that brand is out, but either melo or pierce is an extreme upgrade over young. that said, i would pull the trigger.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:17 pm
xbay wrote:Hey fellas, if you guys can respond to this ASAP, that'd be great.

xbay, this week is almost over, as games end tomorrow, because it is the allstar break. I haven't checked stats yet, I have been real busy, but I'll try to check tham and get back to you over the next eight hours or so.

You lost AJefferson and that will hit you hard. Your rebounding, as I remember it, was pretty good, but now could be in need without Jefferson. Check the stats and pay particular attention to the rebounds and just make sure you aren't losing much at all in this category and by that I mean, if you are losing out in rebounding, be by no more than 1 rebound a game total with these two pairs of players.

Carmelo seems like he is back for the rest of the season and is fully healled, therefore I'd say he will produce more accross the board than Young, maybe by alot too. The only thing is that Kobe has started stepping up and having big games since Bynum went down and that might continue. Pierce has also been big the last few games, but he likely won't produce as much as Kobe from now to the end of the season. Have a look at all the stats of both pairs of players combined, compare them and make sure you are winning most categories and not losing in any by a big margin. Also look at the league stats (totals) and see which stats are your worst and best and make sure you don't los out in any category where other teams are close to you, as that will make a big difference in matchups as you might go from winning a category by a bit, to losing it by a bit.

At first look it looks like you win out by a fair bit

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:06 pm
Actually, this is a different league that none of you are in. I think I may pull the trigger... I just need a bit more time to review it.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:11 pm
i've always thought top 10 guys should be worth two top 35 guys. I consider pierce to be a top 35 guy. i would consider melo one too, but he hasn't been playing like it this year. also, young isn't any throw in. i think he'll be a 13pt, 6reb, 1stl, good % player. like a top 100 guy.

so yeah, consider boston's schedule, Melo's return too goodness, and young's worth.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:15 pm
xbay wrote:Actually, this is a different league that none of you are in. I think I may pull the trigger... I just need a bit more time to review it.

Then only you know the situation. Have a good think about it because it looks like a good trade for you on the surface at least

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:03 pm
Alright, he's giving me two options:

He receives: Kobe Bryant and Jason Terry
I receive: Derrick Rose and Paul Pierce

or

I receive: Derrick Rose and Carmelo Anthony

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:17 pm
xbay wrote:Alright, he's giving me two options:

or

i don't think
you should value
anything i write.

i am crazy.

with that said, this guy you're dealing with, seems awfully crafty. and that has to be seen as a warning sign. he knows your getting desperate and I BELIEVE he is trying to take advantage of that. i'm not sold on either being a good trade for you. and the whole pierce vs carmelo thing, guessing who is going to finish better...that's such a brainf*ck i don't even want to think about it.

wait for e-man or migya to give their thoughts, they are much more confident and knowledgeable.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:10 pm
xbay wrote:Alright, he's giving me two options:

or

I'd take the first proposal, with Pierce instead of Carmelo. Since Terry is injured for a while you should accept that trade immediately, but make sure to check all stats ofcourse

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:41 am
Cracks, I sent you an offer. Check it out!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:43 am
fine wrote:Cracks, I sent you an offer. Check it out!

yeah i saw that... its a bunch of crap.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum