Disalusioned Fan Base = Trouble.......So How Do We fix This?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:40 pm
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Why is everyone so worried about other people? If you don't like someone don't talk to them...it's pretty simple.

Oh and, I'm better than all of you just by default anyway :mrgreen:


i think it's the fact that some people make it difficult to be ignored. If you go into a certain forum it's flooded with pointless topics by pointless posters. So it makes it difficult to filter out the crap, and no jack you are not better than me, though i am a better fan than jackattack


Urrgghh! well................I won MVP and Fan of the Year last year!!!..............so because I won some awards, that means Im the best and everyone should treat me like the lord of the board.

Also, everything I say should always be considered correct and irrefutable, if you even dare to question the word of your lord then you will subject to as many back-handed insults as I can through at you.

Please feel free to praise me at all possible moments (because if you dont I will feel dead inside) and I at any time can call all of you "homers" and "terrible fans" just because I am so freakin awesome all the time.

Disclaimer: This hissy fit/dramatization was brought to you by the self centered, ego-maniacal, martyrs here at 32 Productions Inc.


OUCH!!! lol
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:24 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:though i am a better fan than jackattack


:agrue: :bday: :D 8)

longer and stronger, not a war monger
my inner warrior is a negative reflection of your life of need

I'm contributing lyrics for Joaquin Phoenix's next cd... 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:45 pm
Jackattack wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:though i am a better fan than jackattack


:agrue: :bday: :D 8)

longer and stronger, not a war monger
my inner warrior is a negative reflection of your life of need

I'm contributing lyrics for Joaquin Phoenix's next cd... 8)


haha, it's kinda funny how off topic has become the quality poster's secret basement. I kind of like it though. It's like an atomic bomb went off in the warriors forum and we're waiting in our fallout shelter.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:08 pm
migya wrote:Bigs, this place, to me, is still a good place to spend time, but there is some division between some posters here, but all of it is civil, as far as I've seen.

Take a look at this and you will know what has happened:
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtop ... 2&start=45

Tell me what you think - Civil?



for the record, 32(or a mod) changed one of his posts. Where i said, "it's hard being a fan from OS etc etc" he initially replied with it "It Shows"

That's why I replied with only "Right"


Maybe it's just me, but i seriously don't think the state of the board is THAT bad.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:15 pm
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:Bigs, this place, to me, is still a good place to spend time, but there is some division between some posters here, but all of it is civil, as far as I've seen.

Take a look at this and you will know what has happened:
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtop ... 2&start=45

Tell me what you think - Civil?



for the record, 32(or a mod) changed one of his posts. Where i said, "it's hard being a fan from OS etc etc" he initially replied with it "It Shows"

That's why I replied with only "Right"


Maybe it's just me, but i seriously don't think the state of the board is THAT bad.


No mod edited that. None that I'm aware, at least.

I agree about the state of the board, Quazza. We've lost several good members lately, but that's something that happens to every board. And we've also added a few great new members like Capt, JOEL (it's true that he hasn't posted lately, tho) and Jackattack, so I'm not worried at all about our members.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:37 pm
I talked with JOEL the other day. He's just busy with his new job. He wishes he could be here.

Colt, I have a feeling, will be back after the drama dies down. At least I hope.

For the record, I have nothing against 32. He has some excellent bball analysis.

However, for as long as I've been coming here (almost exactly a year) he has consistently made posts where he lists his 5 worthy peers and calls the rest of the board homers or pussies. After a while, it's like HEY! that's some of my favorite people you are talking smack about! He's the only one who does that and he gets away with it too. But it's confusing because I never know exactly who he's talking about, so after a while I take him at his literal word, that he means everyone else.
I'm not sorry, I have a problem with that.
Last edited by Money on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:59 pm
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:Bigs, this place, to me, is still a good place to spend time, but there is some division between some posters here, but all of it is civil, as far as I've seen.

Take a look at this and you will know what has happened:
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtop ... 2&start=45

Tell me what you think - Civil?



for the record, 32(or a mod) changed one of his posts. Where i said, "it's hard being a fan from OS etc etc" he initially replied with it "It Shows"

That's why I replied with only "Right"


Maybe it's just me, but i seriously don't think the state of the board is THAT bad.


I agree Quazza, I think we're all being a tad overdramatic. Your world will not end if there are stupid threads in the Warriors forum. I wish you guys were on the 49ers.com board, if you were you would appreciate this place for the sanctuary that it is.
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21382
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:25 pm
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Why is everyone so worried about other people? If you don't like someone don't talk to them...it's pretty simple.

Oh and, I'm better than all of you just by default anyway :mrgreen:


i think it's the fact that some people make it difficult to be ignored. If you go into a certain forum it's flooded with pointless topics by pointless posters. So it makes it difficult to filter out the crap, and no jack you are not better than me, though i am a better fan than jackattack


Urrgghh! well................I won MVP and Fan of the Year last year!!!..............so because I won some awards, that means Im the best and everyone should treat me like the lord of the board.

Also, everything I say should always be considered correct and irrefutable, if you even dare to question the word of your lord then you will subject to as many back-handed insults as I can through at you.

Please feel free to praise me at all possible moments (because if you dont I will feel dead inside) and I at any time can call all of you "homers" and "terrible fans" just because I am so freakin awesome all the time.

Disclaimer: This hissy fit/dramatization was brought to you by the self centered, ego-maniacal, martyrs here at 32 Productions Inc.



:mrgreen:

Hey Bigs, you may be the lord, but I'm your god so all praise to you goes to me :wink: :mrgreen:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:24 am
Jackattack wrote:I talked with JOEL the other day. He's just busy with his new job. He wishes he could be here.


Cool. Hope he's able to be back at some point, but I totally understand. It takes a while to fit in into a new job. Tell me about it...

Jackattack wrote:Colt, I have a feeling, will be back after the drama dies down. At least I hope.


Yeah, I hope so. He's always been polite and well-mannered, and that's something that counts, too. That's a member I hate losing, so I hope he reconsiders and takes it only as a temporary break.

Jackattack wrote:For the record, I have nothing against 32. He has some excellent bball analysis.

However, for as long as I've been coming here (almost exactly a year) he has consistently made posts where he lists his 5 worthy peers and calls the rest of the board homers or pussies. After a while, it's like HEY! that's some of my favorite people you are talking smack about! He's the only one who does that and he gets away with it too. But it's confusing because I never know exactly who he's talking about, so after a while I take him at his literal word, that he means everyone else.
I'm not sorry, I have a problem with that.


I think it's time to add my own personal imput into this. 32 was just a bad influence for this board. We miss a member able to offer great insight on the Warriors, but the board is gonna be a lot more peaceful without him around.

It's not only what you say, but 32's contentious nature made him a prominent character in every spat we've ever had on this board. And his quarrel with Migya was personal already. 32 just didn't stop to try to get him banned, and that happens to be our job, not his. A job we do for free and because we enjoy this place and interacting with our members.

I'm not saying he didn't have a point at times, because migya has made some mistakes over the years, but we all do. And he never, ever, attacked anybody personally without being provoked. I can't punish that with a ban. Cases like those have to be solved talking, looking for an agreement about what's acceptable and what's not. But never actively looking to ban another member because you don't like him.

And then, there's all the BS talk about people who "didn't watch the games" (AKA overseas fans)... That's so retarded that I won't even get into that.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:28 am
bigstrads wrote:
3 - We should have a planned meeting in the ChatBox...........at a mutually agreed time, with members who have 500 posts or more, just to discuss things and have a adult and more importantly A LIVE chat.

This could be on a weekend, and late evening for the Euro's, early afternoon for the Americans and early morning for the Aussies.


Funny you should say that last bit about how the timezones revolve cause my bodyclock is set to watch the superbowl in the morning... id always drink beer and crack it early like 930am and watch the conclusion of the superbowl sometime about 3pm in the afternoon (like 11pm in Tampa)

I'd keep drinking and the beers and surfing the boards would go well into the night next thing you know its midnight and your dablling in amphetamines

SERIOUSLY BIGS, YOU NEED TO STEP BACK AND SHOW AUSSIE NATION SOME RESPECT...

It be better if you and TMC were the ones up early and the Aussies are having there AFTERNOON BBQ's and the YANKS be hello drunk late at night dabbling in meth and visiting strip clubs (sorry to Racial Profile but Migya would agree wholeheartly that chumps like Jackattack, Mr Crackerz and JOEL give the rest of you posters a bad name.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:40 am
Pawno you are such a meth head, you are a day ahead of us. :mrgreen: :wink:

btw, how come you type with an accent?
the other Aussies speak perfect English...
:scratch: :crazy: :drinking: :dontknow: :evil4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21382
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:25 am
TMC wrote:
Jackattack wrote:I talked with JOEL the other day. He's just busy with his new job. He wishes he could be here.


Cool. Hope he's able to be back at some point, but I totally understand. It takes a while to fit in into a new job. Tell me about it...

Jackattack wrote:Colt, I have a feeling, will be back after the drama dies down. At least I hope.


Yeah, I hope so. He's always been polite and well-mannered, and that's something that counts, too. That's a member I hate losing, so I hope he reconsiders and takes it only as a temporary break.

Jackattack wrote:For the record, I have nothing against 32. He has some excellent bball analysis.

However, for as long as I've been coming here (almost exactly a year) he has consistently made posts where he lists his 5 worthy peers and calls the rest of the board homers or pussies. After a while, it's like HEY! that's some of my favorite people you are talking smack about! He's the only one who does that and he gets away with it too. But it's confusing because I never know exactly who he's talking about, so after a while I take him at his literal word, that he means everyone else.
I'm not sorry, I have a problem with that.


I think it's time to add my own personal imput into this. 32 was just a bad influence for this board. We miss a member able to offer great insight on the Warriors, but the board is gonna be a lot more peaceful without him around.

It's not only what you say, but 32's contentious nature made him a prominent character in every spat we've ever had on this board. And his quarrel with Migya was personal already. 32 just didn't stop to try to get him banned, and that happens to be our job, not his. A job we do for free and because we enjoy this place and interacting with our members.

I'm not saying he didn't have a point at times, because migya has made some mistakes over the years, but we all do. And he never, ever, attacked anybody personally without being provoked. I can't punish that with a ban. Cases like those have to be solved talking, looking for an agreement about what's acceptable and what's not. But never actively looking to ban another member because you don't like him.

And then, there's all the BS talk about people who "didn't watch the games" (AKA overseas fans)... That's so retarded that I won't even get into that.



You've done a great job, as have the other mods. When I was mod I felt as if we did a great job stopping the trolls and being one of the boys.

I'm not going to say more about the trouble making member, let's move on
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:57 am
migya wrote::mrgreen:

Hey Bigs, you may be the lord, but I'm your god so all praise to you goes to me :wink: :mrgreen:


Nah, TMC is my god...............or should I say..............Daddy. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:11 am
Jackattack wrote:Pawno you are such a meth head, you are a day ahead of us. :mrgreen: :wink:

btw, how come you type with an accent?
the other Aussies speak perfect English...
:scratch: :crazy: :drinking: :dontknow: :evil4:


other Aussies??? Have you heard Migya's mouth.....

"Cock burgers in Salimi Pussystream"

Migya is from the otherside of OZ... cross the desert... Brisbane is the entree and if yu keep travelling acoss the outback you arrive in perth.

Dude i can tell his the one who types with a accent... pure redneck repping the Southern Cross...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:19 am
TMC wrote:I think it's time to add my own personal imput into this. 32 was just a bad influence for this board. We miss a member able to offer great insight on the Warriors, but the board is gonna be a lot more peaceful without him around.

It's not only what you say, but 32's contentious nature made him a prominent character in every spat we've ever had on this board. And his quarrel with Migya was personal already. 32 just didn't stop to try to get him banned, and that happens to be our job, not his. A job we do for free and because we enjoy this place and interacting with our members.

I'm not saying he didn't have a point at times, because migya has made some mistakes over the years, but we all do. And he never, ever, attacked anybody personally without being provoked. I can't punish that with a ban. Cases like those have to be solved talking, looking for an agreement about what's acceptable and what's not. But never actively looking to ban another member because you don't like him.


word. You guys have done a great job!
I cannot believe you guys put up with our bs....

another win last night! this place already feels more at ease.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron