'09 Trade Deadline stuff

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:18 am
This off the nbayahoo site:

G Ramon Sessions, a very promising second-year point guard, might be traded before next week's trading deadline despite his recent tremendous play and his recent ascension (through injury) to the starting lineup. The Bucks don't want to pay the luxury tax next season, and there is almost no chance the Bucks can afford to keep him, since he will likely draw strong interest from teams as a long-term solution as a starting point guard.

I do think many teams will pay a fair bit for Sessions and the Warriors should be one of them. I'm not sure what to think of Sessions, as it looked like he was an assists machine the last couple of weeks last season, but this season he has been good at getting assists but nothing special

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:11 am
migya wrote:This off the nbayahoo site:

G Ramon Sessions, a very promising second-year point guard, might be traded before next week's trading deadline despite his recent tremendous play and his recent ascension (through injury) to the starting lineup. The Bucks don't want to pay the luxury tax next season, and there is almost no chance the Bucks can afford to keep him, since he will likely draw strong interest from teams as a long-term solution as a starting point guard.

I do think many teams will pay a fair bit for Sessions and the Warriors should be one of them. I'm not sure what to think of Sessions, as it looked like he was an assists machine the last couple of weeks last season, but this season he has been good at getting assists but nothing special

I'd go for him if they don't ask for too much. He'd be our best PG by far. He's still a liablity on defense, but he definitely gets a ton of assists (his assists numbers aren't very high this year, but he's played a lot of SG as well, with Ridnour as the top PG of the Bucks) and he's also able to score.

For a team in need of a playmaker at PG, Session's a really attractive option.

Problem is, I'm pretty sure the Bucks would ask for a player like Azu to trade him...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:21 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:This off the nbayahoo site:

I'd go for him if they don't ask for too much. He'd be our best PG by far. He's still a liablity on defense, but he definitely gets a ton of assists (his assists numbers aren't very high this year, but he's played a lot of SG as well, with Ridnour as the top PG of the Bucks) and he's also able to score.

For a team in need of a playmaker at PG, Session's a really attractive option.

Problem is, I'm pretty sure the Bucks would ask for a player like Azu to trade him...

So he's a restricted free agent then, because if he's unrestricted we can sign him straight out. I'd offer 4 million a year for three years but no more as he is still an unknown. Unless the team gets rid of someone, probably can't even afford to pay him that much

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:10 am
From real gm via NY Daily news
Anthony Randolph is a player the Knicks like, but there is no guarantee that the Warriors will trade the first-year forward. Randolph's name has already been mentioned in trade talks with the Phoenix Suns for Amare Stoudemire and with Toronto for Chris Bosh.

Donnie Walsh was seen chatting with Bill Duffy, Randolph's new agent on Tuesday in Oakland.

What do you guys think about using Randolph to bring over Lee?

looking at the big picture, NY would want to include Curry, but we can't take him on unless we trade Jax or Maggs back.

the simplest trade would be: Lee and Roberson for Randolph and Williams. Very lopsided. would it be worth it to include our first? comments?
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:43 pm
fine wrote:What do you guys think about using Randolph to bring over Lee?

NY would be crazy to make that trade. I don't get why Lee is in so many trade rumors lately. He'd be one of the few players they should keep to make a bid at Lebron. If the team is totally dismantled... why would Lebron sign there?

Of course, if they're that retarded to trade him, I'd be all for it.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:22 pm
TMC wrote:

NY would be crazy to make that trade. I don't get why Lee is in so many trade rumors lately. He'd be one of the few players they should keep to make a bid at Lebron. If the team is totally dismantled... why would Lebron sign there?

they want to dismantle the entire team to get 2 max contracts in, not just lebron. NY wants to get LeBron, and either Wade, Carmelo, Bosh. Then, other players will be disgruntled, ask for their release, and then join the knicks (see 07 Celtics)

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:45 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:

they want to dismantle the entire team to get 2 max contracts in, not just lebron. NY wants to get LeBron, and either Wade, Carmelo, Bosh. Then, other players will be disgruntled, ask for their release, and then join the knicks (see 07 Celtics)

he is going to into restricted FA the offseason, i believe. Lee is gonna get a good offer, probably equal to what we gave beans. from what is out in the news, it seems the knicks don't want to pay that much. trading lee now for younger cheaper talent seems to make sense. guys they can extend contracts to after 2010. i just doubt the warriors have the sure fire talent the knicks are looking for.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:19 pm
regarding sessions, I think we should try and nab him during the off season

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdvqy2

I've already put this up before. Maybe it will get a little more love,

Marco and Wright for Lee and Robinson... maybe a second round draft pick on top of it

I don't know if Robinson would really be a fit since we have so many off-guards, but get a guy like Lee and I think we can really do damage.

the reason why it is good for NY is because Wright and Beli both have two year contracts. they both have some game and have shown great potential.

if they don't work out scrap'em and give that money to LeBron.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:30 pm
first off wrote:regarding sessions, I think we should try and nab him during the off season

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdvqy2

I've already put this up before. Maybe it will get a little more love,

Marco and Wright for Lee and Robinson... maybe a second round draft pick on top of it

I don't know if Robinson would really be a fit since we have so many off-guards, but get a guy like Lee and I think we can really do damage.

the reason why it is good for NY is because Wright and Beli both have two year contracts. they both have some game and have shown great potential.

if they don't work out scrap'em and give that money to LeBron.

i've never seen sessions play, so i can't get too excited about bringing him over here. i if he is as good as his big 30 point, 20 assist nights, why does he have to wait for an injury to ridnour to get some PT. is skiles giving him the nellie treatment over there?

marco/wright for lee/robinson...

fuk yeah. i'd do it. we'd be over crowded in the backcourt this year, but it'd give us some wriggle room for the offseason. Craw opts out. Robinson leaves too. Use the space to match the offer for Lee. just a little bit of a pipe dream.

it's just so hard to judge what NY is going to do.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:04 pm
how about marcus williams for sessions? williams' contract is done at the end of the season and they can choose to re-sign him or let him walk. not too many teams will be interested in him so theyd be able to lock him up without teams trying to out bid for him. sessions is an excellent play maker..the only thing about getting him this season, is im not sure he'd get a chance to play much. not unless we can get rid of either crawford or monta...preferably crawford.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:08 am
Raptors See Marion As More Than A Rental Player

Even though Shawn Marion's contract expires at the end of this season, the Raptors see their newest acquisition as more than a rental player, the Toronto Star is reporting.

"Shawn is a piece that should be given an opportunity to fit in with the team," GM Bryan Colangelo said in a conference call last night. "He's not necessarily a rental player. That's not necessarily the case."

Colangelo is acutely aware of his abilities: Marion spent the first nine years of his career with Colangelo and Phoenix.

"Shawn could be a valuable piece with this team in this system," said Colangelo.

"He (Marion) is one of the better rebounding small forwards in the league when he's at that position," added Colangelo. "At the end of the day, I think you're going to see better flow (with Toronto's offence)."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... al_player/

I do think Marion could fit well in Toronto and will be interesting to see how that turns out. I would take Marion here on the team instead of Maggette for the money Maggette gets

Nets Offered Carter For Marion

The Nets attempted and failed in a last ditch effort to acquire Shawn Marion from the Heat and are now focused on working on a trade with the Spurs.

New Jersey offered Vince Carter and an expiring contract for Marion with the presumed intention to re-sign him, but were refuted.

The Nets have spoken with several teams in regards to Carter's value and the most likely trade would send Carter to San Antonio for Roger Mason, George Hill, Fabrico Oberto and Bruce Bowen.

They would likely waive both Bowen and Oberto, along with a third player currently on their roster.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... or_marion/

Really didn't think there was any validity to the trade rumour of Carter to the Spurs. Interesting the Nets wanted to clear cap space now by getting Marion and maybe Carter would have fit in well next to Wade in Miami. Spurs would take a big risk if they trade four of their role players for Carter, a star that might not fit in there

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:05 pm
Since everybody in the know on this trade board thinks New York is the place to go for the big NBA Holiday Sale-a-Bration. The consensus is that we need a PF or a pure PG. The problem with the PG position is that a good point guard for the w's scheme is rare and at a premium. Hell, a good PG in ANY scheme is at a premium.

As far as a PG goes, I would say the one nugget being overlooked is Chris Duhon, who is going to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. I haven't read anything about the Knicks intention to resign him.

I thought of him immediately after Baron left. he made quite an impression on me last year when the Bulls came into town undermanned and kicked our ass, Duhon scored 34 points.

The obvious problem however is that after his performance this year with the Knicks, Duhon will be much more expensive. And it is still hard to imagine that the Knicks won't take every opportunity to resign him. But he is much more proven than Ramon Sessions for example, and I think he would work well with us.
War Years
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:04 am
War Years wrote:Since everybody in the know on this trade board thinks New York is the place to go for the big NBA Holiday Sale-a-Bration. The consensus is that we need a PF or a pure PG. The problem with the PG position is that a good point guard for the w's scheme is rare and at a premium. Hell, a good PG in ANY scheme is at a premium.

As far as a PG goes, I would say the one nugget being overlooked is Chris Duhon, who is going to be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. I haven't read anything about the Knicks intention to resign him.

I thought of him immediately after Baron left. he made quite an impression on me last year when the Bulls came into town undermanned and kicked our ass, Duhon scored 34 points.

The obvious problem however is that after his performance this year with the Knicks, Duhon will be much more expensive. And it is still hard to imagine that the Knicks won't take every opportunity to resign him. But he is much more proven than Ramon Sessions for example, and I think he would work well with us.

Well, they're different players. For starters, Duhon is a much better defensive player, while Sessions is a better ballhandler and possibly a bit better on the offensive side.

I'd also take Duhon over him, tho, but just by a hair. None of them are going to be that great, but if you surround them with talented players, both can be good enough to start.

One more thing on Duhon: he has one more year on his deal after the current one.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:08 am
War Years wrote:Since everybody in the know on this trade board thinks New York is the place to go for the big NBA Holiday Sale-a-Bration. The consensus is that we need a PF or a pure PG. The problem with the PG position is that a good point guard for the w's scheme is rare and at a premium. Hell, a good PG in ANY scheme is at a premium.

For me, PG is the biggest need. Obviously getting rid of Nelson's all of sudden incompetent arse is number one, but I think that either BWright or Randolph or both can become a very good PF, can't say there is a present PG that can be an adequate starter. I do give a little credit to Crawford (yes I said that) for doing a somewhat decent job of distributing the ball lately.

To be honest, I'll take any of these soon to be free agent PGs that have proved they are good, like Duhon and Sessions, but I wouldn't pay more than 7-8 million a year, they are not that proven yet, just one good season. Signing another guard, especially at that money, would have to happen only with the optout of Crawford, otherwise it's just adding another big contract to the team and it isn't worth it.

Best bet to get a very good PG is probably by trade and even then it will take some fiddling around

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:30 pm
TMC wrote:

Well, they're different players. For starters, Duhon is a much better defensive player, while Sessions is a better ballhandler and possibly a bit better on the offensive side.

I'd also take Duhon over him, tho, but just by a hair. None of them are going to be that great, but if you surround them with talented players, both can be good enough to start.

One more thing on Duhon: he has one more year on his deal after the current one.

TMC, Thanks for updating me about his contract.

Sessions might be a good prospect like Duhon was like last year, But you can probably make a case that Duhon is the most improved PG in the NBA. Last year he ranked 234 efficiency wise and now he's ranked 67 ahead of Baron 87, and Crawford 89, and he's played more minutes than either. Sessions ranks 118 with about 2/3 the minutes of Duhon. But Sessions is weak on assists, averaging 4.8 assists whereas Duhon is 8.0.
If we were going to go the point guard route, we could sure use one that could play Defense!
War Years
PreviousNext

Return to Trades