Harrington: Nellie's Known To Ruin Careers

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:03 am
Hopefully this hasn't been discussed in the main forum. I haven't seen it at least.

Harrington: Nellie's Known To Ruin Careers
Feb 11, 2009 1:57 AM EST

Prior to Tuesday's game, Don Nelson said that the Al Harrington fallout was because of the forward's desire for a bigger role to get a more lucrative contract in 2010.

Nelson also said that it was Harrington that made it personal, but Harrington hopes players like Brandan Wright and Anthony Randolph don't get frustrated by the Nelson.

"I talk to B-Wright every once in a while," said Harrington. "I just tell him to keep his head, try to stay positive and try to weather this Nellie Storm. Because he’s been known to, you know, ruin guys’ careers. So hopefully that won’t happen to those guys.

Ouch. There is validity in what Harrington said. BWright and Randolph probably want out right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:02 am
Why are all these NBA players such whiny vaginas? I get that Nellie is a bitch and stuff, but come on. Quit bitching about and take it as a challenge. If you're good enough Nellie will play you, so stop complaining about it and get better. My god, these guys are worse than chicks.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:11 am
Captain_Jack wrote: If you're good enough Nellie will play you, so stop complaining about it and get better.

Not really. That only applies to guards, you know. :wink:

Captain_Jack wrote:My god, these guys are worse than chicks.

That I can agree with. At least there's a reward with chicks. :mrgreen:

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:19 am
If i were B-Wright (regardless of how he feels), i would be ticked that Harrington just put him on the spotlight like that.

but yeah NBA players complaining and whining is nothing new. Show what u got ON the field, and quit yapping OFF it. Thats why i am a PG guy and fan, those guys take their playing a a privileged, while bigger position players take it as a right.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:15 pm
TMC wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote: If you're good enough Nellie will play you, so stop complaining about it and get better.

I disagree about guards, maybe it's easier if you're a guard. But Biedrins and even Wright early this season are proof that you can force Nellie to play you if you're good enough and you work hard enough. If Nelson had his way AB wouldn't be his starting C, he's too offensively inept, but AB is too good, there's no way he could sit him. I also think Wright forced his way into the starting line-up this year. He was patient and he learned last year and this year when he got the opportunity he took advantage of it and made Nellie play him. It's possible, you just have to be quiet and do something on the court instead of bitching. Nellie is a stubborn ass (I recognize this trait because I am EXACTLY the same way), if someone complains about something he's less likely to give in and let them have it. If they keep their mouth shut and work for it then they get what they deserve.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:30 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I disagree about guards, maybe it's easier if you're a guard. But Biedrins and even Wright early this season are proof that you can force Nellie to play you if you're good enough and you work hard enough. If Nelson had his way AB wouldn't be his starting C, he's too offensively inept, but AB is too good, there's no way he could sit him. I also think Wright forced his way into the starting line-up this year. He was patient and he learned last year and this year when he got the opportunity he took advantage of it and made Nellie play him. It's possible, you just have to be quiet and do something on the court instead of bitching. Nellie is a stubborn ass (I recognize this trait because I am EXACTLY the same way), if someone complains about something he's less likely to give in and let them have it. If they keep their mouth shut and work for it then they get what they deserve.

Come on, Nellie might be crazy, but he's not a moron. He knows he has to play somebody inside. What I'm saying is that, if he has a forward or guard he likes more than that second big man, the latter will have trouble finding time to play.

So, considering Biedrins as our clear-cut starter inside (deservedly so), anybody else ain't gonna have much court time with the kind of roster we have. Nellie has too many options on the wings in this team.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:52 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:

I disagree about guards, maybe it's easier if you're a guard. But Biedrins and even Wright early this season are proof that you can force Nellie to play you if you're good enough and you work hard enough. If Nelson had his way AB wouldn't be his starting C, he's too offensively inept, but AB is too good, there's no way he could sit him. I also think Wright forced his way into the starting line-up this year. He was patient and he learned last year and this year when he got the opportunity he took advantage of it and made Nellie play him. It's possible, you just have to be quiet and do something on the court instead of bitching. Nellie is a stubborn ass (I recognize this trait because I am EXACTLY the same way), if someone complains about something he's less likely to give in and let them have it. If they keep their mouth shut and work for it then they get what they deserve.

have been meaning to mention this a while-a heap of people have brought up the "but he's starting Brandon!" argument. Ok yes, he has been starting, but then only plays 15 minutes a game. Starting means nothing if you hardly play the rest of the game

(not aimed at u Capt-just reminded me)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:21 pm
Nelson likes smaller players than bigger ones, mostly because his style is to run and gun and out speed the other team. The evidence is there that he favours guards more and the team will never be a sure thing with any big man with Nelson as coach

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to News Articles