Warriors Trying for Bosh, Too

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:55 pm
I agree. This is from the “duh” files. The Warriors put in their bid for Chris Bosh, according to a team source. Haven’t confirmed if it was just talks, or an offer was made. But unlike Phoenix, who is trying to dump salary, Toronto is looking for some ballers in return, but only if they are convinced they will lose Bosh, who can opt out after next season.

The Raptors, according to an insider, aren’t likely to move Bosh until this offseason. Though they are last in the Atlanta Division, the Raptors are one move away from competing for the eighth spot in the East. They are only 5 1/5 games behind N.J.

They’d prefer to find someone to put next to Bosh (I’ve heard they want Biedrins next to Bosh), but could end up moving him. Again, all this is just what I’m told.

Obviously, nabbing Bosh would require the Warriors to move a big name — Biedrins or Ellis — and some young talent to help Toronto rebuild. So this just shows that they are willing. The fact that they are throwing their name in the hat for these big players, even if futile, is a change in pace. These two were untouchable. Now, the Warriors are willing to play all their cards, even though they haven’t seen everyone healthy for a significant length of time yet.

Is this good that the Warriors are willing to make such big moves? Or should the Warriors stay the course with this squad?

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2009/02 ... -bosh-too/

WE NEED BOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:34 pm
god that would be awesome.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:49 pm
I'd rather Amare, just think he is more talented and slightly more capable right now, but Bosh is younger, so just as good. I really think Bosh is one that will be after huge money once his contract is up, but he is worth it so that's the way it is.

I'd trade the same as I mentioned for Amare - Maggette, Azu or Belinelli, BWright or Randolph and this draft's 1st rounder (likely top 5-7 ofcourse). The Raptors won't get as much "talent" from other trades. If it is talent they want in exchange for Bosh, they get it here and the potential to actually improve has got to be attractive to them. BWright has been compared to Bosh already, more than once, it is unfounded production wise but the traits are there. Maggette is a slashing player that could fit real well with the likes of Jermaine, Bargnani and Calderon, along with shooters Kapono and Moon. They get youth and surely they'd prefer that

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:10 am
Problem is... Toronto is NOT trying to trade Bosh. So this rumor is pointless.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:13 am
TMC wrote:Problem is... Toronto is NOT trying to trade Bosh. So this rumor is pointless.

Rumours are flying that they are and apparently it centers around him saying that he was leaving in 2010

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:16 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:Problem is... Toronto is NOT trying to trade Bosh. So this rumor is pointless.

Rumours are flying that they are and apparently it centers around him saying that he was leaving in 2010

Yeah, I read that rumor as well. But Colangelo said it was bogus... and Bosh himself also said it was bogus and that he hadn't talked with anybody about it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:42 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

Yeah, I read that rumor as well. But Colangelo said it was bogus... and Bosh himself also said it was bogus and that he hadn't talked with anybody about it.

If they want talent back for him, probably best to trade him now as next year he is an expirer and most teams would want to keep him rather than watch him leave in free agency

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:24 am
migya wrote:I'd rather Amare, just think he is more talented and slightly more capable right now, but Bosh is younger, so just as good. I really think Bosh is one that will be after huge money once his contract is up, but he is worth it so that's the way it is.

i seriously don't get how u think Amare is more talented than Bosh hey. It's perplexing. That said, each to their own of course
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:29 am
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:I'd rather Amare, just think he is more talented and slightly more capable right now, but Bosh is younger, so just as good. I really think Bosh is one that will be after huge money once his contract is up, but he is worth it so that's the way it is.

i seriously don't get how u think Amare is more talented than Bosh hey. It's perplexing. That said, each to their own of course

I've seen them both play and I see Amare being more effective, in every way. He should be a much better defender, though I think he is alright right now. He has the strength and every other physical ability to be the most dominant big in the nba, as I see Dwight as a bit more clumsy. Bosh doesn't have the strength and seems to have a hard time banging down low with other big guys. Sometimes he can do it but against bigger guys he has a tough time, from what I've seen and I've seen both guys play quite alot of times, as Raptors and Suns games seem to be popular and available for download alot over the last few years.

Amare was at his best, I think anyway, last season and the first season Nash went back there. Amare can be a monster that noone can handle and he is still young, at 26 years of age.

Either would be a great fit here

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:08 pm
agreed. He was at his best back then re: before having micro fracture surgery. I think Bosh is a far more talented player. Imagine Bosh with Nash?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:24 pm
Quazza wrote:agreed. He was at his best back then re: before having micro fracture surgery. I think Bosh is a far more talented player. Imagine Bosh with Nash?

Do you remember what Amare did last season, he was a monster. Both are real good, I just like Amare more

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:58 pm
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:agreed. He was at his best back then re: before having micro fracture surgery. I think Bosh is a far more talented player. Imagine Bosh with Nash?

Do you remember what Amare did last season, he was a monster. Both are real good, I just like Amare more

I agree..........Amare is more the kind of player we need.

Bosh is largely a jump shooter now, and for someone with his length and athletisism, he averages less than 1 block per game (which is pathetic actually) and can barely make 9 boards per game.........come on, somethings not right.

To me he is just a little soft, and doesnt have the mean streak and killer mentality that Amare has.

But hey ho, Bosh is the younger/new guy so he gets all the fan boys licking his a-hole. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:31 pm
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

Bosh is largely a jump shooter now, and for someone with his length and athletisism, he averages less than 1 block per game (which is pathetic actually) and can barely make 9 boards per game.........come on, somethings not right.

To me he is just a little soft, and doesnt have the mean streak and killer mentality that Amare has.

But hey ho, Bosh is the younger/new guy so he gets all the fan boys licking his a-hole. :wink:

Nothing to do with being a "fan boy" I just think he's a better rounded player. Funny you bring up boards when this year he's averaging more than Amare
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:25 pm
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

I've thought Bosh was pretty soft from the start, but he does get it done and some games is real great. He'd fit here real good, as soft is this team's standard lately.

I pointed out the lack of blocks from Bosh two days ago. There really is no excuse for that, especially on a team with a lack of it

Quazza wrote:Nothing to do with being a "fan boy" I just think he's a better rounded player. Funny you bring up boards when this year he's averaging more than Amare

The only season he has outrebounded Amare is because Amare doesn't care right now. Both are underachieving as rebounders though, as both should be getting at least ten a game

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:27 pm
if he doesn't care at Phoenix, he's not gonna give a flying fark here in Warrior land lol
Next

Return to News Articles