'09 Trade Deadline stuff

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:29 pm
Odom is all sorts of over rated these days. Yes he's good, but when was the last time he was "all star calibre" ?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:41 pm
Quazza wrote:Odom is all sorts of over rated these days. Yes he's good, but when was the last time he was "all star calibre" ?

To be fair to him, they did get gasol and his court time has been reduced a fair bit. Odom is the sort of player that needs alot of court time and the ball in his hands a fair bit to be effective. As the PF here, he wouldn;t get to be the playmaker like he was three years ago in the Lakers. He might get to do that a bit, but I suspect SJackson and Monta (even more a good PG if he is attained) would do that most of the time. I don't see Odom as a great scorer or finisher and he'd be expected to be here, especially on the inside and he just isn't that sort of player

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:37 am
E-man wrote:so....you would rather have odom than turiaf...and have kurz be biedrins' sub? or randolph? or maybe wright?..... Question Confused

i think odom would be good here...but with bynum down i dont see the lakers trading odom who has been big for them since bynum's injury.

if for some reason they did trade odom to us, though, i would hope it was for either crawford or jackson or maggs plus fillers (not turiaf).

In no way, shape or form was I thinking about the good of the team when I mentioned the trade possibilities. It was a demonstration of complete selfishness, and a demonstration of complete disregard for the Warriors present and future.

but yes, I would trade away Turiaf, just for the chance to watch 30 games of Odom.

I don't even think of him as "all-star" caliber. I just really like his versatility, and his willingness to defer. He's #2 on my favorite player list. right behind...Granger!
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:41 am
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
fine wrote:Who wants Odom??

I DO!!!

Steinmentz mentioned it, but I'll repeat it. Maybe a deal involving Turiaf would get the Lakers willing to trade with us. I know Turiaf is the #1 fan favorite here, but I don't give a sh*t. I like Odom more.

1) Crawford, Turiaf for Odom.

i would also love to see Jackson in a Lakers uniform. He was born to play next to Kobe, and alongside Gasol.

2) Jackson, Turiaf for Odom.

3) Jackson, Turiaf, Crawford for Odom, Farmar, Ariza

i gotta run. but let it be known i like Odom.

Odom has ability, but he is no superstar, allstar caliber at best. Odom is a very good rebounder and playmaker, pretty good scorer and decent in most other facets. He is paid too much, I'd rather get a superstar for the money he gets. Throw in another couple of million a year and you get a guy like Bosh

thing is odom's contract would end at the end of this season (a lil more than 11 mil off the books) for a big signing this summer. where as bosh is a free agent in 2010 unless he picks up his player option..so we probably wouldnt have him for much longer.

You can't compare the two though. Bosh is a superstar, Odom is allstar caliber when he is playing well. Bosh would get paid a few million more but that's what you do with a superstar.

Odom would be good here but for no more than 11 million and even then he'd have to perform like he did three seasons ago and that might not happen. Odom is no sure thing and is getting on in age a bit

but what im saying tho is he'd be good here for the rest of the season. then at season's end we can use the money to sign someone else (maybe as part of a boozer fund or something) rather than re-signing odom.

of course bosh is extremely better than odom, but bosh would be here for the 2 years then probably opt out for a bigger contract in 2010. if we were to have odoms expiring contact and grab someone this summer, itd be more of a for sure thing with future security, rather than bidding for someone in 2010.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:45 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

I DO!!!

Steinmentz mentioned it, but I'll repeat it. Maybe a deal involving Turiaf would get the Lakers willing to trade with us. I know Turiaf is the #1 fan favorite here, but I don't give a sh*t. I like Odom more.

i would also love to see Jackson in a Lakers uniform. He was born to play next to Kobe, and alongside Gasol.

Odom has ability, but he is no superstar, allstar caliber at best. Odom is a very good rebounder and playmaker, pretty good scorer and decent in most other facets. He is paid too much, I'd rather get a superstar for the money he gets. Throw in another couple of million a year and you get a guy like Bosh

thing is odom's contract would end at the end of this season (a lil more than 11 mil off the books) for a big signing this summer. where as bosh is a free agent in 2010 unless he picks up his player option..so we probably wouldnt have him for much longer.

You can't compare the two though. Bosh is a superstar, Odom is allstar caliber when he is playing well. Bosh would get paid a few million more but that's what you do with a superstar.

Odom would be good here but for no more than 11 million and even then he'd have to perform like he did three seasons ago and that might not happen. Odom is no sure thing and is getting on in age a bit

but what im saying tho is he'd be good here for the rest of the season. then at season's end we can use the money to sign someone else (maybe as part of a boozer fund or something) rather than re-signing odom.

of course bosh is extremely better than odom, but bosh would be here for the 2 years then probably opt out for a bigger contract in 2010. if we were to have odoms expiring contact and grab someone this summer, itd be more of a for sure thing with future security, rather than bidding for someone in 2010.

We can trade Crawford for Odom, getting rid of one big mistake, then do the trade for Bosh as I mentioned, getting rid of another big mistake :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:01 am
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

I DO!!!

We can trade Crawford for Odom, getting rid of one big mistake, then do the trade for Bosh as I mentioned, getting rid of another big mistake :wink:

haha...well it wouldnt work since after a player is traded they cant be packaged in a trade until 60 days after the first trade. bosh is at ~14-15 million right now and odom at 11 mill. wouldnt work straight up. unless its a 3team trade with us, the lakers, and toronto :wink:

crawford + maggs to the lakers
odom + vujacic to the raptors
bosh + parker to the warriors
:shock: :mrgreen:

edit:// not that the trade would ever happen...but i checked it on espn trade machine and it actually worked. haha
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:10 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

I DO!!!

haha...well it wouldnt work since after a player is traded they cant be packaged in a trade until 60 days after the first trade. bosh is at ~14-15 million right now and odom at 11 mill. wouldnt work straight up. unless its a 3team trade with us, the lakers, and toronto :wink:

crawford + maggs to the lakers
odom + vujacic to the raptors
bosh + parker to the warriors
:shock: :mrgreen:

edit:// not that the trade would ever happen...but i checked it on espn trade machine and it actually worked. haha
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

What I meant was Crawford for Odom, then the Maggot, Azu/Belinelli, BWright/Randolph + 1st rounder for Bosh :wink:

SJackson would have to be SF and Bosh PF :shock:
That's not a Nelsondog smallball lineup. The old fart would have to get used to it

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:19 am
Crawford + Kobe on the same team....

:withstupid:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:27 am
Beast Mode wrote:Crawford + Kobe on the same team....

:withstupid:

Yea fuks em doesn't it. That's why I like that so much :mrgreen:

It was just a joke, Lakers would never do such a trade

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:01 pm
you know what I was just thinking?

they've made a monta ellis, a Stephen Jackson, a Corey Maggette, and an Andris Biedrins bobble head........ No Jamal Crawford.

I know he was the last one to join the team, but maybe.... they are holding out because they no he's not going to be here for long! nah probably not.

oh yeah and I give my 2 cents on Odom. no one would know his name if it wasn't for kobe.

Fisher + Odom - kobe = nothing
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:25 pm
first off wrote:
oh yeah and I give my 2 cents on Odom. no one would know his name if it wasn't for kobe.

Fisher + Odom - kobe = nothing

nobody would know his name, but that doesn't mean he's not a good player.

odom was good coming out of Rhode Island. RHODE ISLAND! who the hell goes to rhode island and actually makes a name for himself?!?!
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 pm
I'm guessing that the Warriors don't make a trade, no matter how much talk is out there. People are settling into their roles and *hopefully* getting healthy, and I would guess they want to see how the roster shapes up. Both Belinelli and Wright started to show something before their injuries and we would benefit from keeping them around this year, either to contribute or to increase their trade value for the offseason. The roster is starting to play the way we expected them to going into the year and I, and probably management as well, am interested in seeing what they can put together as a team.

The only piece that I see having trade value that the W's absolutely have no future for is Crawford, however the likelihood of getting anything useful for him is slim.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:56 am
Rumours are propping up again that Tinsley could be traded to Bobcats for Felton

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... ble_trade/

Looks like Bobcats don't want Felton. I really want that guy as our PG, reckon he could be real good and he has always been a good distributor. He could be had cheap still

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:13 pm
Bobcats Want To Keep Felton?
Feb 11, 2009 4:37 PM EST

Michael Jordan admitted in a conference call on Tuesday that the Bobcats aren't looking to trade guard Raymond Felton, but they won't hesitate if the right deal comes along.

"No decision has been made. A lot of (teams) have called about Raymond. Our intention is to try to maintain our relationship with Raymond," Jordan said. "I'm not saying we're searching for a trade. But if things happen, a deal that makes sense ... I don't want Raymond to think I'm trying to trade him or whatever. But we've had some conversations, based on teams coming to us about him.

"I'd like to think that Raymond is going to be here and we can come to an agreement over the summer about extending him. But I'm not going to say 100 percent that it's going to happen.

"Right now, if you ask me where Raymond is going to be, I'm looking to extend Raymond at the end of the season."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... ep_felton/

Reckon Felton is indeed up for grabs. If the team can't get either Amare, Bosh or Boozer, they should trade for Felton

Teams Want Knicks' 2010 1st Rounder From Utah
Feb 12, 2009 12:27 AM EST

With the trade deadline a week away, teams are calling the Jazz to ask them for the draft pick that will be conveyed to them unprotected in the 2010 draft by the Knicks.

"People that I talk to," Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor said, "wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't ask about it."

There are currently no proposals on the table that involve the pick and it is unclear if other teams value it as much as the Jazz do.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... from_utah/

Utah Jazz are sought sfter all of sudden and to their advantage. They could get the star SG they need by trading that pick. Offer for Crawford for the bastard, pitty salaries don't match, as that's how I think it works

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:05 am
9 days left... lets make some shiit happen here people. NBA teams.... I'm waiting!

I think Marion for Amare might happen. Marion is a big expireer which is just what the suns want.

I hope Lakers get nothing good for Odom
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
PreviousNext

Return to Trades