4. Just play good basketball
9%
5. Something between 1 and 3?
9%

Total votes : 11

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:56 am
What do you think is best for our team? Is it best to develop our talents in order to find the stars that will take us to the champ level in the future? Do you believe that we sould make the best record possible? You dodn't care about goals as long as the team is fun to wach?

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:24 am
All three are important really but getting to the playoffs is number one and then developing the players. This franchise has had no success for over a decade and making the playoffs is craved. If the tam makes the playoffs, it can build from their next season, developing the players, as well as winning more. Both can be established this season but the focus is on winning more than anything, so players like Pietrus, Biedrins and Taft will not get much court time

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:31 am
The objective has to be to get the best possible record. No doubt. That means that if you're good enough, you'll be in the playoffs.

But the situation is trickier in the front office. They're the ones in charge of the team, so if they feel the team is underachiving they may decide to blow it.

With this, I mean that the objectives of the players and coaching staff could be diffferent from the ones of the front office.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:25 am
I voted for making an all-star out of a rookie or two.

The way I see it, if our developing talents become something great enough to bring to the ASG, we'll have another star on the team... and 3 stars is more than enough to get us the best record possible, into the playoffs, and everything else we want. The key to the Warriors' future is Ike Diogu. If we develop him into a future all-star, we'll be that much closer to being a premiere NBA dominant team...

... that and grabbing Ron Artest for the likes of Mike Dunleavy would make us a powerhouse!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:03 am
#32 wrote:... that and grabbing Ron Artest for the likes of Mike Dunleavy would make us a powerhouse!

Whaaaaat?, now you're sold on the idea of getting Artest?.

I love him as a player, but what happens if he decides he doesn't want to be here in a couple of months?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:57 am
I dunno if I'm sold quite yet... I'll go write about it in the TRADE section, where it belongs... check there, I'm posting a thread as we speak.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:33 pm
TMC wrote:
Whaaaaat?, now you're sold on the idea of getting Artest?.

I love him as a player, but what happens if he decides he doesn't want to be here in a couple of months?

That is right! Artest want the Cavs or Knicks AND he is a problem anyway! Yes, I'd keep Dunleavy over getting him

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:50 pm
I still gotta hear that quote from Artest to believe it... there wouldn't be so much hype around an Artest Trade is he's already shot down the idea of playing long term for anybody else...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:30 pm
Look for the first article written, when Artest said he wanted to be traded, he said in that first interview

Return to Warriors Basketball