A-Roid and others?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:31 pm
Hmmm knowing the New York Post, this is what prolly will be the headline on tomorrows issue. Previous titles include A-Fraud, A-Rot, A-Not... this one will do,

Alex Rodriguez is a Roider... well according to SI and now ESPN and others. sources seem credible. Some survay that was held back in 2003, and now it was leaked. This will be interesting to see if another round opens up.. pandora's box u kno of names.

this entire era just cannot get away from the allegations, whether true or not true.

Hope my three fave players : Lincecum, Pedroia, and Granderson, are clean (im pretty sure they are... there savs)
Last edited by Mr. Crackerz on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:41 pm
The dude is huge. Not a surprise at all. I wouldn't be surprised if we heard the same thing about Pujols in the future as well.

I mean, if so many Giants were on roids at the time, it seems reasonable to think that players throughout the league were doing the exact same thing. I think Canseco was telling the truth.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:42 pm
well i doubt linecum is doin anything,since he's been doing the same stuff since high school in terms of overpowering with his pitching. Plus, i don't think it's as easy to get by on the juice unless its HGH. This A Rod thing just kind of cancels out the whole era sadly. i like where baseball is headed though. i remember growing up watching the Giants and will clark hitting 20 home runs was a big accomplishment. At one point is was like anybody can hit 20

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:42 pm
this shouldnt come as any surprise...canseco knows his stuff...im just glad the truth's coming out and bonds wont be the lone villain

btw lebron is (or has been) on roids too...book it

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:44 pm
every single big husky player thats hit 50 homeruns in the past decade was on roids...book that too

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:45 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:The dude is huge. Not a surprise at all. I wouldn't be surprised if we heard the same thing about Pujols in the future as well.

I mean, if so many Giants were on roids at the time, it seems reasonable to think that players throughout the league were doing the exact same thing. I think Canseco was telling the truth.

yep pujols for sure, big pappi for sure too, prince fielder, ryan howard...these are just no brainers
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:23 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:well i doubt linecum is doin anything,since he's been doing the same stuff since high school in terms of overpowering with his pitching. Plus, i don't think it's as easy to get by on the juice unless its HGH. This A Rod thing just kind of cancels out the whole era sadly. i like where baseball is headed though. i remember growing up watching the Giants and will clark hitting 20 home runs was a big accomplishment. At one point is was like anybody can hit 20

I agree, too. The kid is small and skinny compared to other pitchers.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:59 pm
a bit off topic, but does anyone know if the NBA has any kind of PED testing program?
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:57 am
TruE SExy wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:The dude is huge. Not a surprise at all. I wouldn't be surprised if we heard the same thing about Pujols in the future as well.

yep pujols for sure, big pappi for sure too, prince fielder, ryan howard...these are just no brainers

I would disagree with Prince and Howard, both of those guys are really young and came up after the testing era and both have always been huge guys.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:29 pm
in an interview with ESPN today, A-Rod came clean and admitted he used banned substances.

He has lied before about not using, however I at least respect him for now coming clean unlike Bonds and Clemens who continue to lie about it.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:42 pm
takes big balls for a star like him to admit to that. he looked nervous as hell during the interview. i'm surprised he didn't faint or throw up all over Gammons.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:10 pm
I certainly feel he is more sorry that he got caught then he is sorry that he actually took something, but that aside, I am glad he did not just "deny, deny, deny" like other have and is assuming responsibility.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:10 pm
A-Rod gets props for at least coming out. I speculate whatever he has to say, sure, but compare to the other boys who got caught, he opened up. Lets see what happens to him now until the end of his career to judge whether he is hall of fame bound.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:40 am
Miguel Tejada charged with lying to congress... oh man, this case might not be as big as A-Rod now, but it will drag much more than his, as it is much more serious. A-rod wont be prosecuted. Tejada will. Move over Clemons and Bonds, time to share the press with Miggle.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:55 pm
TAMPA, Fla. -- Bud Selig says Alex Rodriguez has "shamed the game," though the baseball commissioner indicated no plans to punish the three-time American League MVP.

"I am saddened by the revelations," Selig said in a statement issued Thursday, four days after Rodriguez admitted he used unspecified drugs from 2001 to 2003 while playing for the Texas Rangers. "What Alex did was wrong, and he will have to live with the damage he has done to his name and reputation."

Players and owners didn't agree to a joint drug program until August 2002, and testing with punishment didn't start until 2004.

"It is important to remember that these recent revelations relate to pre-program activity," Selig said.

"Under our current drug program, if you are caught using steroids and/or amphetamines, you will be punished. Since 2005, every player who has tested positive for steroids has been suspended for as much as 50 games."

What an ass. There's simply no way he didn't know what was going on, and if he was so blind he missed the fact that all of his superstars were juicing, than he should just resign and let someone a little bit more in touch with reality take over.

Passing the buck to all the players when your system produced this mess is just pathetic. If other sluggers hadn't been juicing without consequence, you think ARod would have taken the risk? Hell no.

I'm no ARod fan, but the guy was a product of the system. A system that Selig allowed for nearly two decades before the whistle was blown.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Next

Return to Sports Board