Other fantasy leagues for those interested

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:23 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:alright, i got a trade proposal from shaq daddy after i initially sent him an offer like a week ago. He is making get bynum in the deal. Tell me what you guys think.

I trade him:
Caron Butler
Jamal Crawford
Neded Krstic
Sergio Rodriquez

He trades me:
Rajon Rondo
Manu Ginobili
Keven Love
Andrew Bynum

its an odd trade, now i see it as a 3 for 2 trade, he getting the best player in Butler, and statistically even the second best in crawford. Plus Rodriquez is starting in Portland. I get Ginobili, who im banking on having a better second half, Rondo, and Love, who's playing good as of late.

Thoughts? Lemme know soon so i can make my decision.

what would you do with bynum? he has a chance of coming back within 6 weeks. just in time for playoffs? if you drop him, you have someone in mind to pickup?
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:30 pm
fine wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:alright, i got a trade proposal from shaq daddy after i initially sent him an offer like a week ago. He is making get bynum in the deal. Tell me what you guys think.

I trade him:
Caron Butler
Jamal Crawford
Neded Krstic
Sergio Rodriquez

He trades me:
Rajon Rondo
Manu Ginobili
Keven Love
Andrew Bynum

its an odd trade, now i see it as a 3 for 2 trade, he getting the best player in Butler, and statistically even the second best in crawford. Plus Rodriquez is starting in Portland. I get Ginobili, who im banking on having a better second half, Rondo, and Love, who's playing good as of late.

what would you do with bynum? he has a chance of coming back within 6 weeks. just in time for playoffs? if you drop him, you have someone in mind to pickup?

wait, i thought bynum was done for the year. 6 weeks is a long time. plus he wont be 100% and if the lakers trade for a center (rumor is shaq might come back), than his value is lower. SO i would prolly drop him. Unless if you want him i can trade him to u for scraps.

i havent accepted the trade. I want some imput from u guys to see if im gettin the better deal. I think so, just im not totally sure.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:44 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
fine wrote:

I trade him:
Caron Butler
Jamal Crawford
Neded Krstic
Sergio Rodriquez

He trades me:
Rajon Rondo
Manu Ginobili
Keven Love

wait, i thought bynum was done for the year. 6 weeks is a long time. plus he wont be 100% and if the lakers trade for a center (rumor is shaq might come back), than his value is lower. SO i would prolly drop him. Unless if you want him i can trade him to u for scraps.

i havent accepted the trade. I want some imput from u guys to see if im gettin the better deal. I think so, just im not totally sure.

i read somewhere that 8-12 weeks was abnormally long for the type of injury. like in a month he could resume basketball activities, then take a couple weeks to get back to normal. either way, i wouldn't want an injured guy in a daily h2h league.

i think shaq gets the better value actually. but if the specific stats fit in with your teams philosophy, you should do it.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:39 pm
i thought bynum has a tore (not completely) an MCL. that is worse than tearing an ACL. 8 weeks is definitely not too long for that type of injury.

i wouldnt make the trade unless you need help in the certain categories you're going to get in return. rondo and manu both play for teams that in recent history, rest their big time players for the playoffs, limiting them to maybe 20 minutes per game. boston and san antonio both did last year. you'll need players actually playing should you make the playoffs.

basically youd be trading for rebounds and assists...thing is, for how long?
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:54 pm
E-Man wrote:i thought bynum has a tore (not completely) an MCL. that is worse than tearing an ACL. 8 weeks is definitely not too long for that type of injury.

Here's what i had read...from rotoworld. just to add to the confusion.

Phil Jackson said Wednesday that Andrew Bynum (right knee) will concentrate on icing and resting his knee for the next two weeks, then spend another two weeks on conditioning drills.

At that point, barring any setbacks, it's possible that Bynum could resume basketball activities and possibly return in five weeks or so. We're still not sure why the Lakers said he'd miss 8-12 weeks, as several doctors have told Rotoworld that the typical recovery time for a moderate MCL tear is 4-6 weeks. We doubt Bynum will return to form before the end of the season, so don't feel too bad if you already dropped him.

i still wouldn't hold him in daily h2h.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:04 pm
alright, so i will counter than, and try to convince him if i can get another minor piece than. and he doesnt buy it than o well.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:13 am

I trade him:
Caron Butler
Jamal Crawford
Neded Krstic
Sergio Rodriquez

He trades me:
Rajon Rondo
Manu Ginobili
Keven Love
Andrew Bynum

Tell him to get stuffed. I think the Celts won't rest their starters as much as what they did last season, because they want to get the #1 overall rank, ahead of Lakers, but still, Bynum is gone, so that makes it a two for three and you don't win in much. Ginobili will play even better from now on and Crawford will regress but Butle does alot and who knows what Krstic will do from now on. Love is good, but not enough of a difference to make up for what you are losing.

I wouldn't do it. Tell him to replace Bynum with another pretty good player and it will be different

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:30 am
Nice trade xbay, you get what you want and I get another big as insurance for injuries.

I give Steve Blake for Brook Lopez

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:30 pm
migya wrote:Nice trade xbay, you get what you want and I get another big as insurance for injuries.

Yep... that was until I found out Al Jefferson was out for the season. Well, it's not official, but it's probable.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:30 pm
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:Nice trade xbay, you get what you want and I get another big as insurance for injuries.

Yep... that was until I found out Al Jefferson was out for the season. Well, it's not official, but it's probable.

Out for the season is he, I haven't read that yet. Tough break man.

TWolves will definately be a bottom five team this season and get a high draft pick, they've got that at least

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:12 pm
wow, from being in the other side of these types of trades, it sucks xbay. I like Al Jeffersons game too.

With that said, glad i got rid of him right in time :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:56 pm
Is that a keeper league, because I can't cut Jefferson. I know he's on the Can't Cut List, but I'd like to drop him ASAP so I can pick up a replacement.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:02 am
xbay wrote:Is that a keeper league, because I can't cut Jefferson. I know he's on the Can't Cut List, but I'd like to drop him ASAP so I can pick up a replacement.

no, yahoo will unlock that cant cut thing on AJ soon, so dont worry. The news just came today, so i would give another day.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:06 am
Alright, cool.

Hopefully, the return of Boozer after the all-star break will make up for what I'm losing in AJ. I doubt it... because it's hard to replace a 22/10 guy. I mean, yeah, Boozer did average about the same numbers, but he's coming back from injury... so who knows.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:09 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:Is that a keeper league, because I can't cut Jefferson. I know he's on the Can't Cut List, but I'd like to drop him ASAP so I can pick up a replacement.

no, yahoo will unlock that cant cut thing on AJ soon, so dont worry. The news just came today, so i would give another day.

Yea, that's what happens so maybe two days at the most

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum