Who Remembers Me

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:24 pm
carlgo wrote:Ok, ok, now about Nelson...

Dont............unless you want to hear me scream and rant the same sh*te Ive been saying for the past god knows how long. :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:22 am
bigstrads wrote:

Dont............unless you want to hear me scream and rant the same sh*te Ive been saying for the past god knows how long. :wink:

You mean you rant about Jameer Nelson? :wink: :mrgreen: No sympathy for the fella? He's probably out for the rest of the season. Shame... the kid was a huge part to their success this year.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:42 am
xbay wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

You mean you rant about Jameer Nelson? :wink: :mrgreen: No sympathy for the fella? He's probably out for the rest of the season. Shame... the kid was a huge part to their success this year.

The Magic won't be as good without Nelson, he was big for them this season, finally. They're going to have to get alot out of Turkoglu, as he can handle the ball and distribute. It will definately be done by committee in replacing what Nelson does

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:35 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

The Magic won't be as good without Nelson, he was big for them this season, finally. They're going to have to get alot out of Turkoglu, as he can handle the ball and distribute. It will definately be done by committee in replacing what Nelson does

I disagree. I think it's the role players that have to step up, preferably Keyon Dooling and Anthony Johnson. They're the ones playing PG, they have to step up big.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:39 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

I disagree. I think it's the role players that have to step up, preferably Keyon Dooling and Anthony Johnson. They're the ones playing PG, they have to step up big.

Both will have the chance to prove themselves now that they will get more court time but it will be a team thing, as neither Johnson or Dooling is a capable PG. I see Turkoglu doing alot of playmaking as he is pretty good at that

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:40 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Both will have the chance to prove themselves now that they will get more court time but it will be a team thing, as neither Johnson or Dooling is a capable PG. I see Turkoglu doing alot of playmaking as he is pretty good at that

Well, if one's thing has been proven, it's that you don't need a great point guard to win a championship. Although, I think this team may come up short in the end. They have everything in place... role players, starters, they just need a PG... a HUGE void to fill with the loss of Jameer. I wouldn't be surprised if they swing a deal for a PG before the deadline.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:46 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Well, if one's thing has been proven, it's that you don't need a great point guard to win a championship. Although, I think this team may come up short in the end. They have everything in place... role players, starters, they just need a PG... a HUGE void to fill with the loss of Jameer. I wouldn't be surprised if they swing a deal for a PG before the deadline.

did you miss the fact that they signed for tyronne lue yesterday?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:03 am
saintdee wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

They traded Bogan, a SG/SF, for Lue. Lue is not a great PG to say the least but obviously they don't have confidence in Johnson and Dooling since they made this trade.

They need Jameer healthy, all their starters actually. That team has a great starting five but relies heavily on them, as their bench has a couple of good contributors but otherwise is one of the worst in the nba. That contract given to Rashard will really hurt their chances of getting good enough to win a championship as they need another two nice contributors from the bench. Maybe one of their bench guys will emerge to play a big role but highly unlikely

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:19 pm
migya wrote:
saintdee wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

They traded Bogan, a SG/SF, for Lue. Lue is not a great PG to say the least but obviously they don't have confidence in Johnson and Dooling since they made this trade.

They need Jameer healthy, all their starters actually. That team has a great starting five but relies heavily on them, as their bench has a couple of good contributors but otherwise is one of the worst in the nba. That contract given to Rashard will really hurt their chances of getting good enough to win a championship as they need another two nice contributors from the bench. Maybe one of their bench guys will emerge to play a big role but highly unlikely

i do remember the lil feller lockin up A.I. once upon a playoffs
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:42 pm
8th ave wrote:
migya wrote:
saintdee wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

i do remember the lil feller lockin up A.I. once upon a playoffs

He did well against Iverson all those years ago in the finals of Lakers v Sixers and that was only for one game, as Iverson had a great series

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:18 pm
bigstrads wrote:

Hey bigs, if anybody understand about walking away from this forum it's me. Sometimes you need to take a breather. I have reverted to only commenting on very selective topics because most of the board will shoot you down personally if you not in direct agreement. Those persoanl attacks get old after awhile. I like the off topic forum better, anyway.

c,ya bigs.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:08 pm
The Coooach wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Hey bigs, if anybody understand about walking away from this forum it's me. Sometimes you need to take a breather. I have reverted to only commenting on very selective topics because most of the board will shoot you down personally if you not in direct agreement. Those persoanl attacks get old after awhile. I like the off topic forum better, anyway.

c,ya bigs.

Right on Reg.

You should hang around the off topic forum more bud, much more interesting things to talk about than this joke of a team.............plus, you dont get so many of the idiots in here. :wink:
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum