Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:40 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
fine wrote:
xbay wrote:Mr. Crackerz offers: Ronnie Brewer, Al Jefferson
xbay offers: Deron Williams, Hedo Turkoglu

I basically see it as Deron for Al and Hedo for Ronnie. The way I saw it, I'm not getting any major source of assists from anyone other than Deron each week and while I have a ton of big men, only Horford is my legit source of major stats. Hedo is putting up better stats than Ronnie, but Brewer is putting up solid stats and for me... was a good enough player to pull the trigger.

nice deal. for some reason it makes me feel very threatened....

I thought it was a good trade for both of us. my one weakness is assists. so deron gives me 10 a night. Hedo will give me 5 more plus i got a deal pending. I get plenty of rebounds from the other guys i have. And u like wat ur getting, so it all works out

You both seem happy with it and seem like you have improved in areas of need. I have just checked your teams and xbay, you look like you will be horrible in assists without Deron and Turkoglu, just terrible. Sure you aren't making a mistake here? Horford will be back soon and maybe Gooden, so you won't be so bad with big players.

As I said a few weeks ago, be nice if all five of us from here get the top five spots. Not sure d1mex checks the leagues much as he certainly doesn't come on here much

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:26 am
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
fine wrote:

I basically see it as Deron for Al and Hedo for Ronnie. The way I saw it, I'm not getting any major source of assists from anyone other than Deron each week and while I have a ton of big men, only Horford is my legit source of major stats. Hedo is putting up better stats than Ronnie, but Brewer is putting up solid stats and for me... was a good enough player to pull the trigger.

I thought it was a good trade for both of us. my one weakness is assists. so deron gives me 10 a night. Hedo will give me 5 more plus i got a deal pending. I get plenty of rebounds from the other guys i have. And u like wat ur getting, so it all works out

You both seem happy with it and seem like you have improved in areas of need. I have just checked your teams and xbay, you look like you will be horrible in assists without Deron and Turkoglu, just terrible. Sure you aren't making a mistake here? Horford will be back soon and maybe Gooden, so you won't be so bad with big players.

As I said a few weeks ago, be nice if all five of us from here get the top five spots. Not sure d1mex checks the leagues much as he certainly doesn't come on here much

that would be awesome if we all get in mig... FINE's team is beasty, and xbay i hope makes a spot here, as he has no chance on the other league. And myself, mig, and whoever else. Besides bighead and shaq daddy, the other dudes are pretty bad
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:41 pm
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
fine wrote:

Yep. I have never dominated the assists categories. It was only maybe twice that I have won in the assists category. So I decided to boost my points, rebounds, and FG% category instead.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:45 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
fine wrote:

Yep. I have never dominated the assists categories. It was only maybe twice that I have won in the assists category. So I decided to boost my points, rebounds, and FG% category instead.

Looking at it that way, you might well have pulled a great trade and improved your team

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:53 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
fine wrote:

Looking at it that way, you might well have pulled a great trade and improved your team

Well, it's a start. I'm only 11 games above .500, which is still far from first where I believe you're currently seeded at. And I think I just got owned this week 2-8 or something like that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:35 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
fine wrote:

Well, it's a start. I'm only 11 games above .500, which is still far from first where I believe you're currently seeded at. And I think I just got owned this week 2-8 or something like that.

1-9... yikes. Well if it makes u feel better, shaq daddy prolly has the second best team, with Fine (his team is just nasty) being first.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:49 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:1-9... yikes. Well if it makes u feel better, shaq daddy prolly has the second best team, with Fine (his team is just nasty) being first.

stop it Crackerz, I don't deal well with high expectations. :wink:

except Migya(who just didn't matchup well with my team), I've been beating up on all the bottom feeders lately, which is why my record has ballooned. My 5 of the last 6 weeks of the season are all against you guys and playoff contenders, so that will really be the barometer of my teams bestiality.

the trade crackz and xbay did is going to put you two on par with the leaders now. Crack got the better value, but xbay ditching assists was a real smart move. You two may not be able to close the gap record wise, but come playoff time you're both going to be just as good as any other team.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:57 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:1-9... yikes. Well if it makes u feel better, shaq daddy prolly has the second best team, with Fine (his team is just nasty) being first.

Shaq Daddy tried to steal 3 star players and 1 role player from me for one star and three role players. I hope if anyone wins this league not named migya, Mr. C, or myself... it's fine. Shaq Daddy has suddenly become my rival with all the trades he's dished out at me and the as$ whooping he gave me.

In other news, it looks like wishes do come true. Well, I didn't wish it, but I was very upset when Bynum fouled Gerald Wallace very hard and cause Wallace to go the hospital and be out indefinitely. Looks the sides got evened out when Bynum tore his MCL and will be out 8-10 weeks.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:52 am
Doesn't really matter what the records are, as long as you make it to the top 6 and thus a trip to the championship playoffs. Injuries, as always, will play the biggest part in the playoffs and who wins it all

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:05 pm
Is Shaq Daddy trying to sell me as a fool or something?

Chris Paul and Andrew Bynum for Brandon Roy and Al Jefferson?

Paul should be fine since he'll be returning from a minor injury soon, but Bynum is basically out for the season. He would do nothing for my team unless I make it deep in the playoffs. This guy must think I'm stupid or something. I'm not selling any of my players. Once Boozer and Gooden are back, my team is going to be gelling.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:24 pm
xbay wrote:Is Shaq Daddy trying to sell me as a fool or something?

Paul should be fine since he'll be returning from a minor injury soon, but Bynum is basically out for the season. He would do nothing for my team unless I make it deep in the playoffs. This guy must think I'm stupid or something. I'm not selling any of my players. Once Boozer and Gooden are back, my team is going to be gelling.

it's a waste of his and your time by trying to throw in bynum to the deal. but some people would probably consider trading roy and jefferson for paul. i have no idea if that's a good deal or not though. when dealing with paul and lebron, trades get so off kilter.

you don't need paul's assists anyways. you're team is going to be awesome. stacked with PFs and Cs. it's quite ridiculous.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:41 pm
fine wrote:

it's a waste of his and your time by trying to throw in bynum to the deal. but some people would probably consider trading roy and jefferson for paul. i have no idea if that's a good deal or not though. when dealing with paul and lebron, trades get so off kilter.

you don't need paul's assists anyways. you're team is going to be awesome. stacked with PFs and Cs. it's quite ridiculous.

yeah i agree with fine actually. that 2 for 1 is pretty tempting... but its ur self proclaim rival though

actually, if u consider this, i will make u a better offer. lemme know if interested.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:25 pm
fine wrote:

Paul isn't worth Roy and AJefferson, not even close. Stay as you are xbay, your team is looking good

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:35 am
RITZ wrote:
fine wrote:

yeah i agree with fine actually. that 2 for 1 is pretty tempting... but its ur self proclaim rival though

actually, if u consider this, i will make u a better offer. lemme know if interested.

Well for starters, once I saw that offer, I laughed and denied it right then and there. I didn't hesitate. The other thing is that I want to keep Jefferson and Horford. Me, personally... I don't believe in untouchable players in fantasy basketball. But, right now, I don't want to trade away Jefferson, Horford, and even Boozer. I want to keep those three. Everyone else is expendable... mostly because I want a true PG. My only capable PG is Roy... and I rather move him to my SG/G spot.

If you want to trade with me, those four can't be included. I'm looking for a PG... not a great one, but a serviceble one so I can move Roy back to SG/G

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:06 am
alright, i got a trade proposal from shaq daddy after i initially sent him an offer like a week ago. He is making get bynum in the deal. Tell me what you guys think.

I trade him:
Caron Butler
Jamal Crawford
Neded Krstic
Sergio Rodriquez

He trades me:
Rajon Rondo
Manu Ginobili
Keven Love
Andrew Bynum

its an odd trade, now i see it as a 3 for 2 trade, he getting the best player in Butler, and statistically even the second best in crawford. Plus Rodriquez is starting in Portland. I get Ginobili, who im banking on having a better second half, Rondo, and Love, who's playing good as of late.

Thoughts? Lemme know soon so i can make my decision.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum