'09 Trade Deadline stuff

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:50 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:I really get disgusted with Nelson's lack of use of Randolph and BWright. One or both could provide enough at PF, with rebounding and shot blocking especially. No point trading for an expensive big name big when Nelson just isn't the coach for a player like that

jury's still out as far as wright's concern IMO for this season. he was getting decent tick especially by nellie standards for a young big. of course this was before his injury. hopefully when he comes back he can work his way back to the starting 4 spot.

I still don't think BWright has had enough of a chance. He does provide things the team nees, like shot blocking and rebounding, though his rebounding has been worse than some expected, he still provides in areas the team needs. Both he and Randolph are pretty cheap right now and can only get better, so they must be given at least a good chance, like a month of 30mins and over, to really see what they can do

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:51 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:I really get disgusted with Nelson's lack of use of Randolph and BWright. One or both could provide enough at PF, with rebounding and shot blocking especially. No point trading for an expensive big name big when Nelson just isn't the coach for a player like that

jury's still out as far as wright's concern IMO for this season. he was getting decent tick especially by nellie standards for a young big. of course this was before his injury. hopefully when he comes back he can work his way back to the starting 4 spot.

Exactly why I'm not going to make any judgments about team needs until the end of the season, and why I get annoyed when people bash Nelson for not playing bigs. Wait until the season picks up after the All-Star break to see how much PT Wright gets before you flame Nellie into oblivion. Wright really was getting PT and playing well before his injury; he started five or six games in a row leading into the injury and he looked pretty good in that stretch. Even before he became a starter, he was playing well in limited minutes off the bench. He is (was) earning PT -- and Nellie's respect.

Randolph has not done much to show why he deserves to get more PT; there is a HUGE drop-off from AB/Ronny/Wright to Randolph.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:18 am
D4rk 0ne wrote:Randolph has not done much to show why he deserves to get more PT; there is a HUGE drop-off from AB/Ronny/Wright to Randolph.

i totally agree with you. id like randolph to play more, but he just hasnt shown that he's earned it. the team sees that he's immature and not completely ready for the NBA. as far as his talent, yeah it's there...and his skill should definitely warrent SOME playing time, but the NBA is a PRO's game and you need to be PROfessional when it comes to the game. once he's matured and willing to learn then i believe he'll be out there for a good amount of tick that can lead to us being able to come to a conclusion about randolph.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:03 am
Some interesting rumours:

Spurs Interested In Vince Carter?
Feb 06, 2009 11:52 PM EST

The New Jersey Nets have spoken to San Antonio, Chicago, Cleveland and, surprisingly, Toronto about guard Vince Carter, the Newark Star-Ledger is reporting.

The Spurs are reportedly weighing up whether Carter would push them over the top in the West, but with San Antonio's salary structure being top-heavy, it's hard to see how a deal would be worked out.

Hornets Consider Chandler For Marion?
Feb 06, 2009 2:07 PM EST

The Hornets and Heat have reportedly had some preliminary discussions of swapping Tyson Chandler for Shawn Marion.

Sources close to the situation refuse to rule out Chandler's departure. Chris Paul and David West, sources say, are the Hornets' only two untouchables.

Just rumours but interesting. Don't see the Spurs wanting any big name star, they just don't go for that, though they somewhat need it with some players aging. They'd have to give up at least Ginobili to get Carter and they won't do that.

Chandler for Marion is interesting but I don't see how this is good for the Hornets, not that Paul and Marion wouldn't fit great, but they would be without a Center

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:11 am
Miami's been trying to trade Marion for a while now. I'm pretty sure he's gonna be moved before the trade deadline. They're probably the origin of the rumor, but I just can't see the Hornets going for it unless they can move Stojakovic for another inside player.

As for Carter... In fact, I can see the Spurs trading for him, but the biggest problem is that I can't see them trading one of their own top players and it's gonna be terribly hard for them to match salaries without doing so, so I guess nothing will happen in that front.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:56 am
Bulls And Heat Pursuing Amare The Hardest
Feb 07, 2009 2:19 PM EST

Sources told ESPN that the Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat, Detroit Pistons and Portland Trail Blazers are among the many teams with whom Phoenix has exchanged trade scenarios regarding Amare Stoudemire, with the Bulls and Heat believed to be pursuing him the hardest at this early stage.

After meeting privately with Stoudemire, Steve Kerr acknowledged that the Suns have been taking "a lot of calls" on Stoudemire and told local reporters: "We're not playing to our capabilities, so that's the way it goes when that happens. I think we can still be good this year, but we also have to make sure we can sustain our success. The last five years, we've made a concerted effort to keep our talent around. We've built up a really big payroll. We've traded some first-round picks [to do that], some young assets, so we've got to keep that in mind, too."

Got a feeling Marion could be returning to Phoenix, only way I can see the Heat getting Amare, salarywise especially. That would be weird to see Marion go and then return in less than a year.

Bulls might actually be the ones that get him as they can offer Deng and Hinrich, both much better than what the Heat have, as they won't even think about trading Wade in any deal

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:17 am
migya wrote:Got a feeling Marion could be returning to Phoenix, only way I can see the Heat getting Amare, salarywise especially. That would be weird to see Marion go and then return in less than a year.

Bulls might actually be the ones that get him as they can offer Deng and Hinrich, both much better than what the Heat have, as they won't even think about trading Wade in any deal

then again, miami can offer a haslem, blount and smush/cook package. haslem and blount come off the books in 2010, and cook essentially would too (after the 09-10 season theres a team option). if smush instead of cook, then they have him for one less year. with shaq coming off in 2010 also that gives them 35 million and with nash's contract gone (if the team doesnt pick up his option for 09-10) then another 13 million for a total of 48 million dollars of relief for 2010.

right now theyre at about 75 mill...by the 2010 FA market theyll be at 27 million. they would be able to sign damn near whoever they want when the 2010 market comes around.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:37 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:Got a feeling Marion could be returning to Phoenix, only way I can see the Heat getting Amare, salarywise especially. That would be weird to see Marion go and then return in less than a year.

then again, miami can offer a haslem, blount and smush/cook package. haslem and blount come off the books in 2010, and cook essentially would too (after the 09-10 season theres a team option). if smush instead of cook, then they have him for one less year. with shaq coming off in 2010 also that gives them 35 million and with nash's contract gone (if the team doesnt pick up his option for 09-10) then another 13 million for a total of 48 million dollars of relief for 2010.

right now theyre at about 75 mill...by the 2010 FA market theyll be at 27 million. they would be able to sign damn near whoever they want when the 2010 market comes around.

Thanks for the explantion, didn't see the other three or four contracts. Really do think they want Marion out of there but if they could do that trade that you just mentioned and then trade Marion for something good, the Heat could really be championship contenders this season.

The suns, with that trade, could really transition well with only two years of being crap. I still think they should trade with us, they can get far more talent and transition without falling too far

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:40 am
FIRST TRADE OF THE T.D. SEASON?

I'm not completely sure if this is official but RealGM made it sound like it was the real deal:

http://www.realgm.com/src_feature_pieces/736/20090207/grading_the_deal_lakers_dump_radmanovic_for_morrison/

Lakers
-Valdamir Radmanovic

for

Bobcats
-Shannon Brown
-Adam Morrison

Right now I really, REALLY hate the Lakers, so I hope this proves to be a bad move on their part. Morrison had a crapton of potential coming out of college, but thus far he hasn't had the speed necessary to be successful at the pro level.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:26 pm
first off wrote:FIRST TRADE OF THE T.D. SEASON?

I'm not completely sure if this is official but RealGM made it sound like it was the real deal:

http://www.realgm.com/src_feature_pieces/736/20090207/grading_the_deal_lakers_dump_radmanovic_for_morrison/

Lakers
-Valdamir Radmanovic

for

Bobcats
-Shannon Brown
-Adam Morrison

Right now I really, REALLY hate the Lakers, so I hope this proves to be a bad move on their part. Morrison had a crapton of potential coming out of college, but thus far he hasn't had the speed necessary to be successful at the pro level.

this was already being discussed in the NBA forum, i believe. i think it was official a couple days ago, if im not mistaken.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:30 pm
Who wants Odom??

I DO!!!

Steinmentz mentioned it, but I'll repeat it. Maybe a deal involving Turiaf would get the Lakers willing to trade with us. I know Turiaf is the #1 fan favorite here, but I don't give a sh*t. I like Odom more.

1) Crawford, Turiaf for Odom.

i would also love to see Jackson in a Lakers uniform. He was born to play next to Kobe, and alongside Gasol.

2) Jackson, Turiaf for Odom.

3) Jackson, Turiaf, Crawford for Odom, Farmar, Ariza

i gotta run. but let it be known i like Odom.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:20 pm
fine wrote:Who wants Odom??

I DO!!!

Steinmentz mentioned it, but I'll repeat it. Maybe a deal involving Turiaf would get the Lakers willing to trade with us. I know Turiaf is the #1 fan favorite here, but I don't give a sh*t. I like Odom more.

i would also love to see Jackson in a Lakers uniform. He was born to play next to Kobe, and alongside Gasol.

so....you would rather have odom than turiaf...and have kurz be biedrins' sub? or randolph? or maybe wright?..... :?: :?

i think odom would be good here...but with bynum down i dont see the lakers trading odom who has been big for them since bynum's injury.

if for some reason they did trade odom to us, though, i would hope it was for either crawford or jackson or maggs plus fillers (not turiaf).

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:32 pm

I DO!!!

Odom has ability, but he is no superstar, allstar caliber at best. Odom is a very good rebounder and playmaker, pretty good scorer and decent in most other facets. He is paid too much, I'd rather get a superstar for the money he gets. Throw in another couple of million a year and you get a guy like Bosh

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:43 pm
migya wrote:

I DO!!!

Odom has ability, but he is no superstar, allstar caliber at best. Odom is a very good rebounder and playmaker, pretty good scorer and decent in most other facets. He is paid too much, I'd rather get a superstar for the money he gets. Throw in another couple of million a year and you get a guy like Bosh

thing is odom's contract would end at the end of this season (a lil more than 11 mil off the books) for a big signing this summer. where as bosh is a free agent in 2010 unless he picks up his player option..so we probably wouldnt have him for much longer.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:10 pm
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

I DO!!!

thing is odom's contract would end at the end of this season (a lil more than 11 mil off the books) for a big signing this summer. where as bosh is a free agent in 2010 unless he picks up his player option..so we probably wouldnt have him for much longer.

You can't compare the two though. Bosh is a superstar, Odom is allstar caliber when he is playing well. Bosh would get paid a few million more but that's what you do with a superstar.

Odom would be good here but for no more than 11 million and even then he'd have to perform like he did three seasons ago and that might not happen. Odom is no sure thing and is getting on in age a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Trades