for the 18+/21+

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:01 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:happy bday eman... dude ur an aquarious bday... sweet dude, our sign F-in rules.

dude, i didnt know PA had a club on California Avenue. I use to go by that street every week to visit my grandparents who live off of there when i lived in PA. Well i guess you don't notice that stuff when your 12-13 years old. unless its new.

thanks bro!...yeah its kinda new...its a restaurant during the day thats been there for a couple years now...but at night it becomes a club. it only started this past year i think...we've had 4 events there so far...ive only been to 1 of those events but its a nice place.

and hell yeah aquarius's rule!
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:47 am
E-Man wrote:and hell yeah aquarius's rule!

Sadly (for you), not as much as scorpio. 8) :mrgreen:
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:37 pm
first off,

a belated happy b-day E-man!

secondly,
just getting back into clubbin after hanging with a chick that wasn't down with that scene. I think that club on California ave has been there for a while (if I'm thinking of the right one). that's actually the first club I ever went to when I turned 18. I think, what happened is that it shut down for a while and then got a new owner a few years ago. Anywho, would have come to your thing if I knew.

ended up going to Club Wet in SJ instead - that place sucks guys, don't even bother. it's for people that have never been to clubs before, literally no girls were dancing with guys! it was like a F#$kin' middle school dance! $20 cover too. Went to Rudy's bar in PA last night, that dinky ass little place was way more happening. Don't go to club wet, it blows! it's 4 posers!

I'm curious, how does one get into that biz? what types of things do you do to promote a club?

O yeah, and keep us posted about events E-man!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:07 am
first off wrote:first off,

a belated happy b-day E-man!

right on bro...thanx!

first off wrote:secondly,
just getting back into clubbin after hanging with a chick that wasn't down with that scene. I think that club on California ave has been there for a while (if I'm thinking of the right one). that's actually the first club I ever went to when I turned 18. I think, what happened is that it shut down for a while and then got a new owner a few years ago. Anywho, would have come to your thing if I knew.

ended up going to Club Wet in SJ instead - that place sucks guys, don't even bother. it's for people that have never been to clubs before, literally no girls were dancing with guys! it was like a F#$kin' middle school dance! $20 cover too. Went to Rudy's bar in PA last night, that dinky ass little place was way more happening. Don't go to club wet, it blows! it's 4 posers!

ha...man...im sorry you had to experience such a thing. yeah wet sucks. it's like a beginner's club...one of those places you go to when you first step out on the scene.

a cool spot for the 21+ is b4twelve in palo alto. it's in downtown where all the good stuff is, but off the main street enough to not be hella crowded at the door. indoor/outdoor spot that is best to go to when it's not raining (cuz if it is and everyone is indoors then it gets quite crowded).

for the 18+ the hottest spots outside of the SF area (more peninsula/south bay) are abyss in sunnyvale and illusions in palo alto. those are the spots getting the most hype and praise...at illusions it's really mostly g-code entertainment parties and those are always jumpin. the owner loves us, the go-gos love us, and the public love our events. as far as abyss, well let's just say in the time it was called abyss (it was called the Forum before) g-code and underworld put this club on the map and had it jumpin. neither companies promote there anymore but it still gets hot once in a while...then there is always glaskat in SF, but ill let you know that illusions has more of the 21+ feel to it..and makes glaskat look like crap.

first off wrote:I'm curious, how does one get into that biz? what types of things do you do to promote a club?

well as far as me...my friends (one of them being a member of this message board [aaustria]) founded G-Code which i believe started off as a photography company...offered models photo shoots and took pics at club events for other promoting companies. then we turned and got into the clubbing scene as far as co-hosting events and then eventually hosting events.

me personally...i was young, freshly turned 18, and went to club events all the time. then i went with my friends and helped promote some events. it helped me beomce more of an outgoing person and so i stuck with it. as far as networking, talking to girls, and just meeting new people and making new friends..it almost comes naturally to me now. some perks that got me more interested when i started promoting were free cover, free drinks every now and then, a badge (DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE the power of a badge at a club event), and access to girls/ things that can be used as an icebreaker to get girls.

first off wrote:O yeah, and keep us posted about events E-man!

most def, bro. i believe we're gonna be having another one later this month...as soon as i get more info ill post it for yall.

p.s.
just FYI, our last turnout (the event for my bday) the ratio of girls:guys was 3:1. not sure how it happened but be damn sure i was happy :wink:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum