Phoenix seeks to trade Stoudamire?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:07 pm
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11294057

It's well known Amare has not been happy with the direction the Suns have taken. First last year there was the Marion- Shaq trade. Now with the addition of Jason, he's not happy how his role has diminished.

"You want to play organized basketball, but you do want to have some type of playground atmosphere -- the type of attitude where guys can't stop you and everybody's having fun."

What I'm hearing is that he WANTS a playground atmosphere. And now that D'Antoni is gone. We are are about as playground level as the NBA gets and we're only a stones throw away.

I've always thought Stoudamire is the perfect power forward for the W's system. Strong, powerful and fast, great rebounder. But his rebounding has really tailed off and he longs for the days before Shaq when he was the main rebounder.

Of last seasons top 10 players in efficiency. Amare's numbers have tailed off the most, going from #2 in the entire league to number 15 this year. The only reason is because of the new players playing around him.
I think a splendid time would be guaranteed for all.

If Amare chose to continue his contract. I'd trade 2 of our 3 veteran expendables in my sleep. And the trades work, salarywise. If they wanted just one of them plus 2 of the three, Bellinelli, Watson or Wright. I'd go for that even quicker.

Maggs, Belli, Wright or Crawford, Belli, Wright for Stoudamire works salarywise as well.
Last edited by War Years on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War Years

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:39 pm
i'd trade anyone on the current roster, including monta, if it would bring us amare.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:19 pm
MCJackintheBox wrote:i'd trade anyone on the current roster, including monta, if it would bring us amare.

I agree with you on this one MCJack! Any combination of players that it would take to get this done with the Suns would pretty much be fine with me. The only combo I would have to think twice about would be if we had to part with both Monta and Andris....even that one, I might have to do it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:45 pm
Amare needs to stop thinking so much about himself and more about the team and winning. He's had personal success, not great amount but the last few years he has been the main player in Phoenix scoring wise, so now he should want to win. Not the sort of attitude, if this article is true, that I want on the team.

A trade package for Amare would have to include Crawford and Maggette, not just from a money stand point, but an I want them out of here standpoint :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:08 pm
If Phoenix plays it right they could trade Amare and not skip a beat in terms of their playoff hopes. they could get a PF that can play along with shaq and other pieces to help them out.

we'd be competing with 15 or so teams, all with hopes of landing him. while we may have the quantity of trading pieces, we don't have a big to offer to replace Amare. Maggs, Belli, Wright is the best offer, but I don't think they're going to bite. they shouldn't be trading for prospects.

but like every fan of every other team in the league, hell yeah I want amare!
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:44 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
MCJackintheBox wrote:i'd trade anyone on the current roster, including monta, if it would bring us amare.

I agree with you on this one MCJack! Any combination of players that it would take to get this done with the Suns would pretty much be fine with me. The only combo I would have to think twice about would be if we had to part with both Monta and Andris....even that one, I might have to do it.

agreed on all counts. That would probably be the one combo I'd not do

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:32 am
fine wrote: Maggs, Belli, Wright is the best offer, but I don't think they're going to bite. they shouldn't be trading for prospects.

i agree...however, at this point in the season and after seeing what they are capable of, i dont see belinelli and wright as prospects anymore. they are talented young players who put in work every night they can and still have a high ceiling as far as potential is concerned. i doubt they would take maggs tho...theyre looking for a backup point guard who can give them a solid game while nash is out. crawford might work, but im sure they can get better elsewhere.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:16 am
If it's a playground he wants, I can only think of two teams that would give him that. The Knicks, because of D'Antoni and the Warriors, because of Nelson. No one else runs a playground offense other than those two.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:17 am
i can't see we will have a good trade near the future, i only hope we can get top picks and hopefully first or second pick....either Blake Griffin or RUBIO
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:25 am
GSW United wrote:i can't see we will have a good trade near the future, i only hope we can get top picks and hopefully first or second pick....either Blake Griffin or RUBIO

Kinda off topic, but Ricky has just signed an extension with his current team, so it seems like he won't declare for this year's draft. Probably we'll have to wait another year for him to be "draftable".

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:50 am
TMC wrote:
GSW United wrote:i can't see we will have a good trade near the future, i only hope we can get top picks and hopefully first or second pick....either Blake Griffin or RUBIO

Kinda off topic, but Ricky has just signed an extension with his current team, so it seems like he won't declare for this year's draft. Probably we'll have to wait another year for him to be "draftable".

rubio is an idiot... this draft class is weak, and he should take advantage when he has his chance
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:39 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:

rubio is an idiot... this draft class is weak, and he should take advantage when he has his chance

He's also a 17 year old kid that would have to move to a foreign country on his own. I can certainly understand (not share) that decision.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:35 pm
Amare will not end up on the Ws. No big man to send to PHX and I can't imagine Maggs, Belenilli, Crawford or Wright being combined to make an enticing offer for Amare. That is if PHX even shops him.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:55 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:

then again, maybe hes not an idiot...maybe he sees that the following year is a stronger draft class and he'll be able to slip to a winning team that has a better chance of going to the playoffs.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:05 am
E-Man wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:

then again, maybe hes not an idiot...maybe he sees that the following year is a stronger draft class and he'll be able to slip to a winning team that has a better chance of going to the playoffs.

Most young guys just want the money and right away. Strange he didn't opt to come out now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Trades