*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:29 pm
fine wrote:rip hamilton needs to be put on a suicide watch.

first game off the bench, he only plays 20 minutes. Iverson got 38.

I know detroit got a new coach, michael curry, but i think this guy is gonna get fired by the end of the season. What a joke.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:08 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

I know detroit got a new coach, michael curry, but i think this guy is gonna get fired by the end of the season. What a joke.

If anyone should come off the bench, it should be Iverson or Stuckey. I love Stuckey, but you can't bench Rip.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:11 am
xbay wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

If anyone should come off the bench, it should be Iverson or Stuckey. I love Stuckey, but you can't bench Rip.

i think they should stick with the small lineup unless they go against big teams...in that case i think they should start mcdyess and bench iverson, putting him in a manu-type role for that particular game.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:43 am
SacBee reporting Shawn Marion is close to coming to Sacramento for Brad Miller and Kenny Thomas.

Thats all Miami could get? cmon now. they can do better. Hope the Bee is wrong with this
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:41 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:SacBee reporting Shawn Marion is close to coming to Sacramento for Brad Miller and Kenny Thomas.

Thats all Miami could get? cmon now. they can do better. Hope the Bee is wrong with this

Yeah, foreals. They can do way better than that.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:45 pm
xbay wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:SacBee reporting Shawn Marion is close to coming to Sacramento for Brad Miller and Kenny Thomas.

Makes Sean Marion seem like he has fallen of as a player- good get by Sac.
Brad Miller and Kenny Thomas dont seem like much for Marion. It must be bad need at center for the heat.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:48 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
xbay wrote:

Brad Miller and Kenny Thomas dont seem like much for Marion. It must be bad need at center for the heat.

They only have Joel Anthony, Mark Blount, and Udonis Haslem(who really is a PF, but does play C sometimes). Not exactly what you want at center. They have tons of guards and swing men, so they're desperate for a big man or two. So I understand why they're doing it, yet... they still can do better.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:33 pm
xbay wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
xbay wrote:

They only have Joel Anthony, Mark Blount, and Udonis Haslem(who really is a PF, but does play C sometimes). Not exactly what you want at center. They have tons of guards and swing men, so they're desperate for a big man or two. So I understand why they're doing it, yet... they still can do better.

Joel Anthony ? and the rest of the centers on there team, i can see why they made the trade. But the are playing decent this year still in the play off run, i dont think the addition of Brad Miller will take them far in the playoffs ? Why not stay with Marion and pursue the a center in the off season.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:17 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
xbay wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
xbay wrote:

Joel Anthony ? and the rest of the centers on there team, i can see why they made the trade. But the are playing decent this year still in the play off run, i dont think the addition of Brad Miller will take them far in the playoffs ? Why not stay with Marion and pursue the a center in the off season.

My guess is as good as yours. I think they're trying to get someone to play alongside Boozer. It seems all fingers are pointing at Boozer opting out for a big contract in Miami, so I guess they'd want a center to play with him.

Other than that, there aren't really any other good centers available via free agency or draft in the off season.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:37 pm
miami's big men suck. if they get brad miller they get a serviceable center til the end of 2010...both miller's and thomas' contracts end in 2010 (just in time for the market...keeping wade and bringing in another guy). beasley can slip into starting SF, or when dorell wright is healthy, he can start if they feel beasley isnt ready.

that said, i guess i can see why miami would do the trade...i just dont think its a good one for sac...unless theres a big time point guard going into FA this offseason that they wanna get.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:22 am
xbay wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
xbay wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
xbay wrote:

My guess is as good as yours. I think they're trying to get someone to play alongside Boozer. It seems all fingers are pointing at Boozer opting out for a big contract in Miami, so I guess they'd want a center to play with him.

Other than that, there aren't really any other good centers available via free agency or draft in the off season.

They've been trying hard to trade Marion for Jermaine O'Neal, but seems like Toronto has bailed out of that deal as of late. That's probably why they're looking at other options now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:43 am
warriorsstepup wrote:
xbay wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
xbay wrote:

Yea, the Heat have horrible Centers right now. Marion is also not doing much this season, definately nothing like he was in Phoenix. Thing for them is getting Beasley the court time, as likely Haslem would be the starting PF, that is until if they get Boozer

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:32 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
xbay wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
xbay wrote:

They've been trying hard to trade Marion for Jermaine O'Neal, but seems like Toronto has bailed out of that deal as of late. That's probably why they're looking at other options now.

Am not sure why Toronto would not take that trade Jermaine O'Neal game is falling fast, also injury prone, If i was Toronto i would taking that bait. Miami super desperate, dang too bad warriors cant develop centers, could have taken advantage of this.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:36 pm
migya wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
xbay wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
xbay wrote:

Yea, the Heat have horrible Centers right now. Marion is also not doing much this season, definitely nothing like he was in Phoenix. Thing for them is getting Beasley the court time, as likely Haslem would be the starting PF, that is until if they get Boozer

I've heard that about getting Boozer that would make the heat a scary team. I think Beasley can play the PF, and Marion the SF, what do u see Beasley playing ? So am assuming Boozer would be playing center for them.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:07 pm
Can we have a thread like this in the Warriors forum? I wanted to post a video of Monta laughing at his bobble head doll the other day, but I didn't want to make a whole thread about it so I just didn't. A "Random Warriors Thoughts" thread could be useful.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum