'09 Trade Deadline stuff

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


All Star
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: SF
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:52 am
E-Man wrote:
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:i would die if this trade went through....as much as i like sessions and see so much potential in him, there is no way id want to give away buike and watson in a trade that involved charlie v. the guy doesnt have the heart or work ethic to be a warrior and if he did play, he would take minutes away from wright and randolph...both of whom play defense and rebound (unlike villanueva)


You're just pissed because Charlie has stepped up his game since you traded him to me (it was you, right?). :wink:

I totally agree about Charlie's D (or lack of), but his rebounding numbers are decent, at least. He rarely gets less than 10 boards when he plays 30 or more minutes (at least, that's what's been happening lately). He could do better, but that's certainly enough to not be labeled a bad rebounder.


haha..it was me, but thats not why i dont like him. his rebounding is inconsistent and is nowhere to be found on defense. i mean, at 6'10"...i guess if he isnt a leaper then i understand him not getting many blocks. but if thats the case then make up for it in other ways...even boozer averages at least a steal a game.

*side note*....as far as that trade...pietrus was working out fine for my team and fit my team well until he got injured. its all good tho...i used that spot for moon who fits my team really well.


about mr charlie V, when NBA league Pass was free at the beginning of the season, I watched every single Bucks to get a better feeling for what Charlie brings to the table. What I saw was a volume jump shooting big, who lacks any sense of how to play defensive basketball. The guy looked stiff and lost on the defensive side.

HOWEVAA, his contract is up after this season, allowing Wright and A-Dolph a half season more of development....I'd consider it....
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:23 pm
meh, changed my mind, I'd like to see what he could do here, but I wouldn't want to give azu up for Villa. Azu has been doing to much good as of late...

maybe I'd sign him to a 4-5 mill contract in the off-season. if Monta is good to go then I wouldn't resign Watson. I think Beli is more of a complete player than Watson. Watson can garner steals, shoot, and rebound... but Beli can D up (hopefully that wasn't a fluke), pass and shoot.

let williams and Watson go...

Monta/Belil/ 1st rd draft
Craw/Azu/morrow
Maggs OR Jax/ Randy
Wright/ Villa / D-leaguer
AB/ Turiaf / 2nd rd draft
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:36 pm
first off wrote:meh, changed my mind, I'd like to see what he could do here, but I wouldn't want to give azu up for Villa. Azu has been doing to much good as of late...

maybe I'd sign him to a 4-5 mill contract in the off-season. if Monta is good to go then I wouldn't resign Watson. I think Beli is more of a complete player than Watson. Watson can garner steals, shoot, and rebound... but Beli can D up (hopefully that wasn't a fluke), pass and shoot.

let williams and Watson go...

Monta/Belil/ 1st rd draft
Craw/Azu/morrow
Maggs OR Jax/ Randy
Wright/ Villa / D-leaguer
AB/ Turiaf / 2nd rd draft


i dont think id give up on cj that quickly. he has shown vast improvement from last year and fits in really well with the team. it may be hard to find some time for him, but it would hurt too much to see him somewhere else ripping us a new one off the bench. his D may not be lock down, but he gets deflections that lead to steals or disrupt the opponents offense at least. and he did do a pretty good job against kevin martin until he got fouled out.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:52 am
E-Man wrote:
first off wrote:meh, changed my mind, I'd like to see what he could do here, but I wouldn't want to give azu up for Villa. Azu has been doing to much good as of late...

maybe I'd sign him to a 4-5 mill contract in the off-season. if Monta is good to go then I wouldn't resign Watson. I think Beli is more of a complete player than Watson. Watson can garner steals, shoot, and rebound... but Beli can D up (hopefully that wasn't a fluke), pass and shoot.

let williams and Watson go...

Monta/Belil/ 1st rd draft
Craw/Azu/morrow
Maggs OR Jax/ Randy
Wright/ Villa / D-leaguer
AB/ Turiaf / 2nd rd draft


i dont think id give up on cj that quickly. he has shown vast improvement from last year and fits in really well with the team. it may be hard to find some time for him, but it would hurt too much to see him somewhere else ripping us a new one off the bench. his D may not be lock down, but he gets deflections that lead to steals or disrupt the opponents offense at least. and he did do a pretty good job against kevin martin until he got fouled out.


I was going to say i thought he did a better job on D tonight, and actually I've been meaning to ask someone knowledgeable about this stuff...

Do you think we are probably going to have to sign him to a multi-year contract next year? apparently he's generating trade buzz... and I know he is going to be a RESTRICTED free agent in the offseason, so do you think someone will attempt to sign him away from us? and if so we do you all suppose he's worth?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:08 am
first off wrote:
E-Man wrote:
first off wrote:meh, changed my mind, I'd like to see what he could do here, but I wouldn't want to give azu up for Villa. Azu has been doing to much good as of late...

maybe I'd sign him to a 4-5 mill contract in the off-season. if Monta is good to go then I wouldn't resign Watson. I think Beli is more of a complete player than Watson. Watson can garner steals, shoot, and rebound... but Beli can D up (hopefully that wasn't a fluke), pass and shoot.

let williams and Watson go...

Monta/Belil/ 1st rd draft
Craw/Azu/morrow
Maggs OR Jax/ Randy
Wright/ Villa / D-leaguer
AB/ Turiaf / 2nd rd draft


i dont think id give up on cj that quickly. he has shown vast improvement from last year and fits in really well with the team. it may be hard to find some time for him, but it would hurt too much to see him somewhere else ripping us a new one off the bench. his D may not be lock down, but he gets deflections that lead to steals or disrupt the opponents offense at least. and he did do a pretty good job against kevin martin until he got fouled out.


I was going to say i thought he did a better job on D tonight, and actually I've been meaning to ask someone knowledgeable about this stuff...

Do you think we are probably going to have to sign him to a multi-year contract next year? apparently he's generating trade buzz... and I know he is going to be a RESTRICTED free agent in the offseason, so do you think someone will attempt to sign him away from us? and if so we do you all suppose he's worth?


i think we wait to see what other teams offer for him. kinda like we did with buike this past summer. if we can re-sign him at a reasonable price, then i say re-sign him. if another team is willing to overpay for him, then we'd have to say goodbye to him. considering the fact that his contract is only at 700,000ish i think we could lock him up with a contract of 5mil spread over 3 years [1.5, 1.5, 2] with the third year being a team or player option (i think a team option might be pushing it a little).
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image

Rookie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:41 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:42 am
I think a trade that id do would be

maggs or crawford + wright and maybe filler
to get shaun marion
anythoughts
Belinelli the new ginobli?
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:37 pm
Dubsdownunder wrote:I think a trade that id do would be

maggs or crawford + wright and maybe filler
to get shaun marion
anythoughts


No. Shawn Marion's contract is up after this season and he is going to bolt to a better team if we acquire him.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:36 pm
JayPat wrote:
Dubsdownunder wrote:I think a trade that id do would be

maggs or crawford + wright and maybe filler
to get shaun marion
anythoughts


No. Shawn Marion's contract is up after this season and he is going to bolt to a better team if we acquire him.


That's why I'd for it. Cap space, baby!!!


btw, that's exactly the reason why Miami shouldn't make that trade.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21446
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:20 pm
JayPat wrote:
Dubsdownunder wrote:I think a trade that id do would be

maggs or crawford + wright and maybe filler
to get shaun marion
anythoughts


No. Shawn Marion's contract is up after this season and he is going to bolt to a better team if we acquire him.



Interesting with Marion. His contract finishes this season but the Warriors and Nelson might be the type of situation where he'd want to stay. Don't think he is worth what he is currently getting paid anymore
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:05 pm
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:
Dubsdownunder wrote:I think a trade that id do would be

maggs or crawford + wright and maybe filler
to get shaun marion
anythoughts


No. Shawn Marion's contract is up after this season and he is going to bolt to a better team if we acquire him.



Interesting with Marion. His contract finishes this season but the Warriors and Nelson might be the type of situation where he'd want to stay. Don't think he is worth what he is currently getting paid anymore


nah, that is not smart... who is going to want to come here when you trade away your big FA acquisition (Maggs) or your big trade acquisition(Craw) in less than a season for cap space? we are stuck with craw and maggs for at least another season.

I think this team just needs another PF and they will be great, we have depth, we have excess scoring, defense has looked better in the 2nd qtr of the season, just need help on the boards...
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:44 pm
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:
Dubsdownunder wrote:I think a trade that id do would be

maggs or crawford + wright and maybe filler
to get shaun marion
anythoughts


No. Shawn Marion's contract is up after this season and he is going to bolt to a better team if we acquire him.


That's why I'd for it. Cap space, baby!!!


btw, that's exactly the reason why Miami shouldn't make that trade.


Remember, the Warriors don't know how to correctly manage/spend cap room now that Rowell/Riley is in charge. Why would we resign Jackson and sign Maggette if we wanted to save room for a superstar?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:34 am
JayPat wrote:
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:
Dubsdownunder wrote:I think a trade that id do would be

maggs or crawford + wright and maybe filler
to get shaun marion
anythoughts


No. Shawn Marion's contract is up after this season and he is going to bolt to a better team if we acquire him.


That's why I'd for it. Cap space, baby!!!


btw, that's exactly the reason why Miami shouldn't make that trade.


Remember, the Warriors don't know how to correctly manage/spend cap room now that Rowell/Riley is in charge. Why would we resign Jackson and sign Maggette if we wanted to save room for a superstar?


That's true. All the cap space in the world is useless for us with Rowell in charge... :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21446
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:07 am
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:
Dubsdownunder wrote:I think a trade that id do would be

maggs or crawford + wright and maybe filler
to get shaun marion
anythoughts


No. Shawn Marion's contract is up after this season and he is going to bolt to a better team if we acquire him.


That's why I'd for it. Cap space, baby!!!


btw, that's exactly the reason why Miami shouldn't make that trade.


Remember, the Warriors don't know how to correctly manage/spend cap room now that Rowell/Riley is in charge. Why would we resign Jackson and sign Maggette if we wanted to save room for a superstar?


That's true. All the cap space in the world is useless for us with Rowell in charge... :wink:



Some people here think that the management was setting up to resign Monta and Biedrins and that's why they didn't resign Baron but remember how they were close to signing Gilbert and then Brand (when Gilbert said no), each one to far more money than Baron was asking for. Ridiculous
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:56 pm
Trade deadline article (feat. Monta Ellis) by chad ford

Chad Ford wrote:Top PGs on the Block

Raymond Felton, Bobcats
Felton is a talented point guard, but he doesn't fit the pass-first mold that Larry Brown wants in his point guards. With rookie D.J. Augustin looking like the point guard of the future in Charlotte, the chances Felton heads somewhere else are pretty high.

The Bobcats would like to get something for him before he hits restricted free agency this summer and have been shopping him since before the 2008 draft. They tried to swap Felton for T.J. Ford twice in June -- once with the Raptors and once with the Pacers. More recently, they almost had a deal completed with Dallas a few weeks ago, but an Augustin abdominal strain forced them to pull back. With Augustin feeling better and nearing a return, the Bobcats could be ready to pull the trigger again.

Chance of trade: 75 percent

Mike Conley, Grizzlies
Some scratched their heads when the Grizzlies drafted Conley with the No. 4 pick in the 2007 draft. While Conley was a coveted draft prospect, the team was already loaded at the point guard position and it was unclear how he would fit. Eighteen months later, Conley still hasn't found his groove in Memphis.

Conley is a good distributor and an excellent defender, but his shaky shooting has made him a liability. And with O.J. Mayo now dominating the ball, Conley is often left standing around on offense.

The Grizzlies would like to move Mayo to the 1 or at the very least get another guard who can stroke the basketball. They turned down a Blazers offer of Travis Outlaw for Conley this past summer and have generally been looking for more. I'm not sure they'll be able to get it.

A rumored trade of Ramon Sessions and Joe Alexander for Conley never materialized, in part because right now Sessions is a better player. But long term, Conley still has a lot of value in the right system.

Chance of trade: 65 percent

Earl Watson, Thunder
Watson may not be the most talented player on the list, but there are two big reasons he is coveted. First, his contract expires in the summer of 2010. Second, the Thunder aren't asking for much.

Oklahoma City has its point guard of the future, Russell Westbrook, and is primarily interested in getting below the cap. So an offer of an expiring contract or a young player who fills a need could get a deal done.

Chance of trade: 55 percent

Leandro Barbosa, Suns
Barbosa has played an important role off the bench for the Suns for years, but the team is sputtering and just about everyone appears to be on the table in Phoenix. While Amare Stoudemire and even Steve Nash appear in trade rumors, Barbosa is the more likely target.

Barbosa's diminishing role on the team is a telltale sign that head coach Terry Porter has lost faith in him. Still, Barbosa is young and has value: He isn't the pure point guard that some teams covet, but his scoring ability, energy and reasonable contract make him a hot name. It appears the Suns would be willing to part with him in return for a veteran who is more committed on the defensive end.

Chance of trade: 50 percent

Nate Robinson, Knicks
It might surprise some to learn that Robinson is second only to rookie Danilo Gallinari in plus/minus for the Knicks at the moment. Watch a Knicks game and you'll see why. Robinson is well-suited for head coach Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo style and has played a critical role off the bench this season.

The problem for the Knicks is that Robinson hits restricted free agency this summer and the Knicks aren't inclined to pay him. They are trying to free up as much money as possible for the summer of 2010 and Robinson isn't worth risking that flexibility to lose out on a shot at LeBron and friends. If the Knicks can get a future first-round pick for him or if they can use him to sweeten an Eddy Curry package for an expiring contract, they'll have to consider dealing him.

Chance of trade: 40 percent

Monta Ellis, Warriors
Ellis' infamous mo-ped injury got him in hot water with Golden State, which is still holding out the right to terminate his contract if he doesn't fully recover. That hasn't sat well with Ellis' camp, which would jump at the opportunity to part ways.

A lot of teams will have interest in Ellis if the Warriors want to cut ties. The problem for Ellis is that he's a base-year compensation player and will have to be part of a larger deal to be traded before the deadline.

Chance of trade: 35 percent

Jamaal Tinsley, Pacers
There is no denying that Tinsley is on the block. The Pacers did not allow him to join the team during training camp and have been working with his agent, Raymond Brothers, to move him all season. According to all parties involved, Tinsley is totally healthy and in decent shape. Given his undeniable talent, that should have a number of teams seriously interested.

However, the issue is twofold. One is his contract: Tinsley still has two years and $14.7 million left on his deal after this season. Second is the combination of his injury history and off-the-court track record. In the past six seasons, he has started more than 43 games only once. And his well-publicized off-the-court issues have given a number of teams pause. Still, Tinsley could be the answer for teams -- like Miami -- that are looking for help.

Chance of trade: 30 percent

Andre Miller, Sixers
Miller may be the most attractive player on the list for two reasons. One, he's a very talented veteran who can immediately step in and contribute on a number of contenders. Two, he's in the last year of his contract, which means teams don't have to commit long-term.

With the Sixers hovering around .500 and not looking like the title contenders we thought they would be, it might be time for the Sixers to make a move for the future. While Miller won't bring them back an All-Star in return, he could get them a future pick or another player who could help them down the road.

It's not hard to see that the Sixers' future looks brighter with their youth, not their veterans. While Miller might be the first casualty, it's not inconceivable that Elton Brand is next.

Chance of trade: 25 percent

Baron Davis, Clippers
After playing in all 82 games last season and securing a hefty contract from the Clippers, Davis is back on the shelf -- he hasn't played at all in January because of tailbone and hamstring injuries. With questions surrounding Davis' lack of motivation when his team is losing, who knows when he'll return from injury?

I doubt Mike Dunleavy would hesitate to move him if he could. On the right team -- i.e., a contender -- Davis obviously has a lot to offer. But who's picking up that extra four years and $53 million on his contract? In this economic environment, the Clippers will struggle to find takers.

Chance of trade: 15 percent

Kirk Hinrich, Bulls
By most accounts, Hinrich should be higher on the list. The Bulls have their point guard of the future in Derrick Rose, and Hinrich has real value in the league. The problem is, I don't think John Paxson can pull the trigger because he's a Hinrich fan. And, on a team that's loaded with youth, Hinrich is a rare veteran presence.

I think the Bulls will most likely hang on to Hinrich for the rest of the season. However, the chances he gets traded will go up this summer, especially if there's a new GM running the show in Chicago by then.

Chance of trade: 10 percent
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21446
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:36 am
There's only a couple of PGs on that list that I wouldn't take right now, as the team needs a PG badly. I want Felton above everyone else, but many of them would fit in well and be able to distribute the ball to the many shooters on the team
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest