San Jose Sharks

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:57 am
Good call Rob. I forgot to mention how JC's been looking. Really encouraging.

So much talent on this team. Each line has the ability to make plays and draw penalties.

I don't know what I'd do sports wise without the Sharks. It's really nice to watch games feeling like you're going to see a win.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:31 pm
seriously, i liked not being surprised by a win. Or even when the team is down, you have a feeling they can come back. I'm so surprised when the W's win, even though i enjoy the young guys. I'm starting the get the feelin with the niners under singletary too,so things are looking a little better. But if the sharks can take the cup, it'll mean a lot for the area, assuming people truly want to count San Jose as part of the bay area, cuz a lot of people don't, or they just consider it part of San Francisco. (people from outside i mean)
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:26 pm
anybody watch the sharks vs. red wings game last night? It was the best regular season game i have ever watched.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:08 am
Sporadic chattter on this thread. I'm guilty too, though.

Sharks vs Wings game was incredible. I've never been as pumped for a non-playoff game as much as that one. It must have been great to be there. I was pissed when they fell behind 2-3 and then 3-4, but so much grit and determination on the team. That goal by JC late in the second was crucial.

After the breakaways, I thought it was over, but you can see why the Wings are who they are. They never have a lull to them. Teams are forced to play the full 60 against them. Sharks are going to have to have that approach come playoffs.

Canuck game was frustrating, definite let down game, but they go ahead a pull that one out as well.

Nabby looked incredible against the Avs. Three straight losses for the Wings now and the point lead is back to 6. Need the Bruins to cool down. If the Sharks can make it to the Finals, that home ice maybe the deciding factor.

It's looking like I'm going to the Sharks game on Feb 21st. I've never been to an NHL game before. Only hockey game I ever been to was a Las Vegas Thunder game back '95 at Thomas & Mack.

Any recommendations on things to do in HP Pavilion during intermissions besides continuing alcohol consumption? On that note as well, when is the booze turned off? At the end of 2nd period or intermission or not at all? I've got a DD so I want to make sure I get my fill in. :mrgreen:
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:28 pm
Testing...Testing...

Shark fans. Where have you gone?

...---...
...---...
...---...

It's like night and day.

Warriors=gloom/despair/blame
Sharks=snowflakes on your nose/hot cocoa with marshmellows/ponies

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:59 pm
Linc Mob wrote:Testing...Testing...

...---...
...---...
...---...

It's like night and day.

I have to admit, i been toning away from the sharks and even sports in general. I am simply too busy writing papers and reflections and completing my teaching applications like crazy for school. This month has been/ and will continue to be hectic but after March 3, i will resume watching the sharks (and other sports teams) full time.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:19 pm
Linc Mob wrote:Testing...Testing...

...---...
...---...
...---...

It's like night and day.

Tell me about, i thought the thread was dead again! as for intermissions, i haven't really been to a sharks game in years. At intermission, it'd be like any arena, walk around and drink or something. I guess they have a pretty decent hard liquor/mixed drink stand there. I gotta get me some tickets too, it's the one sport my girlfriend says she'd want to see live, and i haven't been able to get to it.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:59 am
Last nights game...ugh :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'd rather watch them get smoked than that garbage last night. Can't win them all, but they gave that one away.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:05 pm
Time to resurrect this dying thread! PLAYOFF TIME BABY!!! if i could grow a decent amount of facial hair i'd be starting my beard already. Bring on those quacks. This is gonna be a bloody series, i hope the sharks pull it out without gettin too taxed. I HATE ANAHEIM!!! Dirty bastards... i can't believe don cherry was talking about hoping Anaheim gets breaks because they get a lot of reputation calls, c'mon, anaheims strategy is "you can't call everything" jesus, this is gonna get dirty!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:36 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Time to resurrect this dying thread! PLAYOFF TIME BABY!!! if i could grow a decent amount of facial hair i'd be starting my beard already. Bring on those quacks. This is gonna be a bloody series, i hope the sharks pull it out without gettin too taxed. I HATE ANAHEIM!!! Dirty bastards... i can't believe don cherry was talking about hoping Anaheim gets breaks because they get a lot of reputation calls, c'mon, anaheims strategy is "you can't call everything" jesus, this is gonna get dirty!

ITS ALIVE... OMG the thread is ALIVE!!!!

and yes you said it... its playoff time. In my war of mascots, sharks love to eat duck (me too), so we should win this series. Don Cherry is a prick who can shove it "like a boss". I can't believe ESPN is giving this to Anaheim too, damn you Barry Melrose... I'm gonna say it.... WE"RE UNDERDOGS WITH THE 1 SEED...
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:21 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:Time to resurrect this dying thread! PLAYOFF TIME BABY!!! if i could grow a decent amount of facial hair i'd be starting my beard already. Bring on those quacks. This is gonna be a bloody series, i hope the sharks pull it out without gettin too taxed. I HATE ANAHEIM!!! Dirty bastards... i can't believe don cherry was talking about hoping Anaheim gets breaks because they get a lot of reputation calls, c'mon, anaheims strategy is "you can't call everything" jesus, this is gonna get dirty!

and yes you said it... its playoff time. In my war of mascots, sharks love to eat duck (me too), so we should win this series. Don Cherry is a prick who can shove it "like a boss". I can't believe ESPN is giving this to Anaheim too, damn you Barry Melrose... I'm gonna say it.... WE"RE UNDERDOGS WITH THE 1 SEED...

The Ducks are a bad matchup for the Sharks in the first round, they are dirty and physical....with a F (Thank You Mike Singletary), but the Sharks should be able to pull the series out. They have too much talent to be overtaken by the Thuggery of the Mighty Ducks.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:05 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

The Ducks are a bad matchup for the Sharks in the first round, they are dirty and physical....with a F (Thank You Mike Singletary), but the Sharks should be able to pull the series out. They have too much talent to be overtaken by the Thuggery of the Mighty Ducks.

I think Melrose is tired of picking the sharks to win it all and being wrong. Anyway, anaheim is a tough matchup but they are a necessary opponent. Nobody is going to give the sharks the type of Fysical(?) lol game. There is a lot of bad blood between the teams especially with Corey Perry's crap that the refs let him get away with the last couple of games. I hope Travis Moen bites that team in the ass. The Ducks go 2 lines deep but the sharks have 3 really good line and a pretty good fourth line as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:58 pm
haha the thuggery of the Mighty Ducks (yes, u read that right... Mighty) is getting out matched these first 10 minutes... SJ came to retaliate for every punch, check, whatever they recieve... exciting start.... lets get some goals
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:50 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:haha the thuggery of the Mighty Ducks (yes, u read that right... Mighty) is getting out matched these first 10 minutes... SJ came to retaliate for every punch, check, whatever they recieve... exciting start.... lets get some goals

Douglas Murray and Ryan Clowe bringin the BOOM!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:59 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:haha the thuggery of the Mighty Ducks (yes, u read that right... Mighty) is getting out matched these first 10 minutes... SJ came to retaliate for every punch, check, whatever they recieve... exciting start.... lets get some goals

Douglas Murray and Ryan Clowe bringin the BOOM!

Damn, already 0-3 for the penalty kill... the sharks look incredibly slugglish... ugh, i got a bad feeling about this.., they need to wake up.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board