Biggest Bonus

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Who's play has been the most above what we expected so far?

Derek Fisher
50%
Baron Davis
4%
Ike Diogu
15%
Jason Richardson
8%
Troy Murphy
8%
Other (Specify)
15%

Total votes : 26

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:24 pm
13 ppg last year was our 4th leading scorer. There's no way he'd have been cut. People's jobs come before their pride. If somebody had to admit their fault in drafting him, then Chris wouldn't have resigned him for all that cash. They've got to see something in him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:59 pm
Migya it wasint a Lovefest for J Rich people were doing the same thing that you are doing now with Dunleavy even though he has started playing very good Basketball ,It's just too bad you cant actually see it for yourself :!: Kendo888 you are on point... And TMC Bottom line is The Fish is Fresh for the TEAM even though he is not a prototype "pg" :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:37 pm
O.G. broe wrote:And TMC Bottom line is The Fish is Fresh for the TEAM even though he is not a prototype "pg" :!:

:dontknow:

I never said he doesn't help us win, just that he's not a good pg...

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:44 pm
Dumbwitty's lack of effort and ability on the defensive end of the court is what concerns me most about the wasted draft choice and the excessive cash that he is stealing from the organization. Prince would have been a much better pick. It is really quite sad that Dungheap is considered a savior for the franchise by Mullin.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:27 pm
Hey uptempo When did Mullin say Dunleavy was the franchise savior :roll: He started out shooting cold but has played good 'D' all year :!: And has hit some clutch game Winning and saving shots this year , playing solid as of late too :!:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:08 pm
Yeah, I'm with broe. Some people just don't see anything past a player's ability to knock down a jumper. Mike is a versitile player who can do anything on a given night, including defend, rebound, score, distribute, or handle. It's a lot easier to just hate someone by default then look deeper into their game to find a higher value than simply "how many 3 pointers he knocks down since he's a 3-point shooter"... Unless it shows up on the stat sheet, some people just refuse to give him credit for a win.

He played amazing in the game against Phoenix, and still, no love at all for him. Like I said, it's easier to just not pay attention and hate him then it is to watch closely and see his skills.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:03 am
well said 32...i'd be writing more...but lately i feel it's just repeating myself over and over....

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:00 am
Yea I Feel the same :banghead: but I still end up defending against the Inaccuracy or the Hatred :!: It's like it's never ending............When Dunleavy proves the naysayers wrong like J Rich , Murph and Fish have already done , By continuing his improvement , contributing and being consistent , then It'll be Monta is too weak to play in the NBA :roll:

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:27 am
#32 wrote:Yeah, I'm with broe. Some people just don't see anything past a player's ability to knock down a jumper. Mike is a versitile player who can do anything on a given night, including defend, rebound, score, distribute, or handle. It's a lot easier to just hate someone by default then look deeper into their game to find a higher value than simply "how many 3 pointers he knocks down since he's a 3-point shooter"... Unless it shows up on the stat sheet, some people just refuse to give him credit for a win.

He played amazing in the game against Phoenix, and still, no love at all for him. Like I said, it's easier to just not pay attention and hate him then it is to watch closely and see his skills.

Well, i think ppl are just frustrated from him for being inconsistent in general. He was expected to be a focal point of the offensive scheme since he can pass, shoot, handle the ball, etc. However, he really hasn't shown me too much except flashes of what he should be doing. He recently started to come around and I hope he keeps that level going. True that ppl think that if he can't knock down a 3, they are just not really looking at the player but just looking for some action and getting frustrated that they aren't getting anything out of him. But, looking deeper into his play, I think his confidence was shot for the better part of the season and was not providing his contribution to the team on a more consistent basis.

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:59 pm
Well, tkono, I think the problem most people have is that the league has spoiled fans with versatile superstars in the past decade, so everyone expects Dunleavy to excell at something every night. Being versatile does NOT mean he'll be the star every game. It's why players like Scottie Pippen go down as one of the greats of all time; not because he could do it all (which Dunleavy has no problem doing), but because he could do it all on a nightly basis (which is where the definition gets blurry to some fans). Having the all-around skills to play at a high level at various different aspects of the game in itself is a nice thing to have, but we shouldn't demand that it shows up every game. If Mike played the game at a high level in at least SOME aspect every single game, he'd be a league superstar. And something I decided early when I started following basketball was not to demand superstar status out of my players. Mike is good because he can do it all. If he does it more and more often, then good for him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:32 am
O.G. broe wrote:Migya it wasint a Lovefest for J Rich people were doing the same thing that you are doing now with Dunleavy even though he has started playing very good Basketball

My point was that JRich played and produced quite well right from his rookie season (which is better than dun's best season so far), while Dunleavy has not! People will not start liking dun unless he at least starts to play better than what he did last season (ie. Improvement). That is the issue - Dunleavy is not playing anywhere near as good as JRich and Murphy at the same point in their careers (ie. last season, since there is only one season difference).

For someone with "all the skills", Dunleavy hasn't done anything like JRich and Murphy who " do not have all the skills" and "have weak parts in their game" - JRich with ball handling (apparently) and Murphy with passing and inside game.

Just doesn't add up and doesn't seem right if he is all that you "Lovers" say he is.

AND - Stop with the "Hate" and "Hating" word use. It is not supporting or not happy!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:55 am
Jason Richardson is a superstar. Troy Murphy is the league's best kept secret (and star without the baggage). Holding other players to their standard seems a bit like you're asking too much.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:49 am
How do you think they became the stars they are........ they improved and made themselves that way!!!!!!!! Neither one of them came out with the hype that Dunleavy had! They just have improved themselves and made themselves what they are today! Dunleavy has yet to do that at all!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:33 am
Yes, but to hold Dunleavy to the standard of our best players would be like saying Alonzo Mourning's no good because Shaq's on the team. It doesn't make sense and it's totally unfair.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:53 am
The fact is that most of the players on the team have improved but not Dunleavy

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball