'09 Trade Deadline stuff

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:37 pm
here's one i like that works in the trade machine.

it's known dallas is shopping howard and bass, they like mags and who doesn't like buke, and it fills the need at PF (or at least upgrades it).

plus, we get 2 short contracts back.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:39 pm
MCJackintheBox wrote:here's one i like that works in the trade machine.

it's known dallas is shopping howard and bass, they like mags and who doesn't like buke, and it fills the need at PF (or at least upgrades it).

Not sure Dallas is shopping JHoward, where did you hear that. Any chance to get JHoward is a goer, especially for Maggette, even if Azu is involved

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:44 am
trade nellie to Bulls for Hinrich and first round pick ....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:09 am
migya wrote:
MCJackintheBox wrote:here's one i like that works in the trade machine.

Not sure Dallas is shopping JHoward, where did you hear that. Any chance to get JHoward is a goer, especially for Maggette, even if Azu is involved

Yep, haven't read anything about Dallas shopping Josh Howard... And if they do, it certainly won't be for a lesser player like Reggrette.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:31 am
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Do this W's!

Baron + Camby

for

Ellis, Maggette, Wright, + Watson

W's -> baron, crawford, jackson, camby, biedrins

Clips -> ellis, maggette, thornton, randolph, kaman
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:53 am
GSW2006 wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2751~497~3277~3242~125~194&teams=12~12~12~12~9~9&te=&cash=

Do this W's!

Baron + Camby

for

Ellis, Maggette, Wright, + Watson

W's -> baron, crawford, jackson, camby, biedrins

Clips -> ellis, maggette, thornton, randolph, kaman

You're dreaming buddy :wink:

One thing, all this talk about how good Camby is. Yes, he is good, still does his job and still has alot of value but the guy is soon to turn 35 years old and has about two or three good years left in him (I personally reckon he can keep doing what he has been the last few years for another four). It is stupid that the Clips are thinking about trading Kaman so Camby is the lone Center for them

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:21 pm
I don't really see us making any big moves from here unfortunately.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:44 pm
http://www.realgm.com/src_trade_tracker.php

cool! never knew they had this! makes keeping track of all the rumors way easier! it's not totally up to date though

clippers to get crawford?

Possible to golden state - Villanueva! I like that guy even though he's kind of a *****. but who goes?

I'm sure some of these are complete bull, but still interesting to take a look at from time to time until the deadline
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:08 pm
first off wrote:http://www.realgm.com/src_trade_tracker.php

cool! never knew they had this! makes keeping track of all the rumors way easier! it's not totally up to date though

Possible to golden state - Villanueva! I like that guy even though he's kind of a *****. but who goes?

I'm sure some of these are complete bull, but still interesting to take a look at from time to time until the deadline

It says that the Warriors may be interested in trading Harrington.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:29 pm
JayPat wrote:

It says that the Warriors may be interested in trading Harrington.

also has a rumor with crawford as a warrior so...
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:23 am
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2821~3277~3231~2792&teams=15~15~9~9&te=&cash=

maybe a second round pick to even things out.

Ramon Sessions
and
Charlie Villanueava

for

Azu
and
CJ watson

Charlie V is not a defensive stopper but he can rebound, and he'd be cheap to resign since he was injured during the bulk of his rookie season.

They have similar Player Efficiency ratings and both can get hot on offense. he is not a great defender. we'd basically be trading defense for height, which, when you rebound as bad as we do, and when you see a guy like Belinelli do such a great job guarding Kobe, it does not seem all that bad.
Azubuike is a good player and I like him, but his game is too similar to maggs and we have WAY to many guards.

Sessions is more of a PG than watson. Watson is good but we all know how he lets his guards blow by him, and he doesn't really set anyone up as a PG should. 2.6apg on the year isn't exactly what we need.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 am
first off wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2821~3277~3231~2792&teams=15~15~9~9&te=&cash=

maybe a second round pick to even things out.

Ramon Sessions
and
Charlie Villanueava

for

Azu
and
CJ watson

Charlie V is not a defensive stopper but he can rebound, and he'd be cheap to resign since he was injured during the bulk of his rookie season.

They have similar Player Efficiency ratings and both can get hot on offense. he is not a great defender. we'd basically be trading defense for height, which, when you rebound as bad as we do, and when you see a guy like Belinelli do such a great job guarding Kobe, it does not seem all that bad.
Azubuike is a good player and I like him, but his game is too similar to maggs and we have WAY to many guards.

Sessions is more of a PG than watson. Watson is good but we all know how he lets his guards blow by him, and he doesn't really set anyone up as a PG should. 2.6apg on the year isn't exactly what we need.

i would die if this trade went through....as much as i like sessions and see so much potential in him, there is no way id want to give away buike and watson in a trade that involved charlie v. the guy doesnt have the heart or work ethic to be a warrior and if he did play, he would take minutes away from wright and randolph...both of whom play defense and rebound (unlike villanueva)
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:26 am
E-Man wrote:i would die if this trade went through....as much as i like sessions and see so much potential in him, there is no way id want to give away buike and watson in a trade that involved charlie v. the guy doesnt have the heart or work ethic to be a warrior and if he did play, he would take minutes away from wright and randolph...both of whom play defense and rebound (unlike villanueva)

You're just pissed because Charlie has stepped up his game since you traded him to me (it was you, right?). :wink:

I totally agree about Charlie's D (or lack of), but his rebounding numbers are decent, at least. He rarely gets less than 10 boards when he plays 30 or more minutes (at least, that's what's been happening lately). He could do better, but that's certainly enough to not be labeled a bad rebounder.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:34 am
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:i would die if this trade went through....as much as i like sessions and see so much potential in him, there is no way id want to give away buike and watson in a trade that involved charlie v. the guy doesnt have the heart or work ethic to be a warrior and if he did play, he would take minutes away from wright and randolph...both of whom play defense and rebound (unlike villanueva)

You're just pissed because Charlie has stepped up his game since you traded him to me (it was you, right?). :wink:

I totally agree about Charlie's D (or lack of), but his rebounding numbers are decent, at least. He rarely gets less than 10 boards when he plays 30 or more minutes (at least, that's what's been happening lately). He could do better, but that's certainly enough to not be labeled a bad rebounder.

haha..it was me, but thats not why i dont like him. his rebounding is inconsistent and is nowhere to be found on defense. i mean, at 6'10"...i guess if he isnt a leaper then i understand him not getting many blocks. but if thats the case then make up for it in other ways...even boozer averages at least a steal a game.

*side note*....as far as that trade...pietrus was working out fine for my team and fit my team well until he got injured. its all good tho...i used that spot for moon who fits my team really well.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:31 am

besides being over 6'6, he seems like the perfect PF for Nellie
PreviousNext

Return to Trades