New Years Eve BART shooting footage

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:27 pm
speakonitgod wrote:if he doesnt get setenced 2 any time in tha bing........oakland will burn.....this much i'm sure of......

he better get the same sentence as any murderer, especially if it were caught on tape. If he doesn't you know the rioting will become ten times worse, and if that's the case i couldn't blame them, as long as they riot against the peope responsible. If i'm a cop, i'm hoping he gets convicted too.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:29 pm
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/16/BAR ... index.html
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:57 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/16/BART.shooting.plea/index.html

"Not guilty".................errrm on the grounds of what? self defense?

What a f*cking p*ssy.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:27 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/16/BART.shooting.plea/index.html

What a f*cking p*ssy.

well, him pleading not guilty will allow him some time to make up a better story (or present an actual one) and who knows, time to strike a deal with prosecutors. Remember, the public does not know the entire story, were being left in the dark of many details.

With that said, he did shoot this guy, and in plain sight, with witnesses and multiple videos. We'll have to wait and see
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:00 pm
i shake my head at this entire situation.........ughhhhhhhhhhhh only twenty two years old.........
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:40 pm
speakonitgod wrote:i shake my head at this entire situation.........ughhhhhhhhhhhh only twenty two years old.........

Worst part, from that article I just posted

Investigators have not said whether Grant was involved in the fight.

Possibility the guy was an innocent bystander.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:54 pm
I can't watch it..

I read who the name was of the victim... His name was Oscar (my name too) and id been at that Train Station not but a fortnight ago. Can't believe how serious this **** is... Its worse then bashing of Rodney King cause this man was helpless.

All i gotta say is it doesn't really help we've got a changing of a president. i mean if fhis was back in the 1990's in Los Angelas we wouldnt have had a opportunity for justice cause the streets would be looting,

Anyways all good never fear... The Bay Area is a bit moire chilled out to fight, not saying that the YAY wouldn't speak up... Where as L.A is Gangs and Violence East Bay is more about representing with Mikes and Poetry
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:09 am
bigstrads wrote:

What a f*cking p*ssy.

There's nothing to gain by declaring himself guilty, Bigs. Not when we're talking about murder or any crime as serious as that one.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:41 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

What a f*cking p*ssy.

There's nothing to gain by declaring himself guilty, Bigs. Not when we're talking about murder or any crime as serious as that one.

Well, he is guilty..............and nothing but a guilty verdict and harsh punishment will be acceptable to those who want his head.

I suppose, I was going down the admitting he was guilty to try and show he has remorse and maybe placate those that want to take him down and destroy half of Oakland with him.

Although, you are right, if he pleads guilty, then he is admitting that he shot him on purpose............which is what he did but of course he wont want to admit that if he wants any kind of life after this (Although, this thought train is one which is concerning yourself with his personal situation, which I couldnt give 2 sh*ts about...............I say feed him to down town Oakland)

Still, as always, theres the right way to do something, then theres the legal systems way to do something.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:19 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

What a f*cking p*ssy.

Well, he is guilty..............and nothing but a guilty verdict and harsh punishment will be acceptable to those who want his head.

I suppose, I was going down the admitting he was guilty to try and show he has remorse and maybe placate those that want to take him down and destroy half of Oakland with him.

Although, you are right, if he pleads guilty, then he is admitting that he shot him on purpose............which is what he did but of course he wont want to admit that if he wants any kind of life after this (Although, this thought train is one which is concerning yourself with his personal situation, which I couldnt give 2 sh*ts about...............I say feed him to down town Oakland)

Still, as always, theres the right way to do something, then theres the legal systems way to do something.

he probably will get convicted...i mean we all want justice .
and we want to punish those wh act out with unjust deeds.

unless ofcourse the unjust action is our own :?
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:17 pm
As some of you know, i work for BART. I was on vacation when this happened but I got the news on my Blackberry shortly after it happened. My job requires I get correspondence from BART central.

The whole situation is sad, pathetic and cut wrenching. I wanted to throw-up and cry when i saw the video. We BART employees don't know anymore than most of you. We are kept in the dark. I have been at work for all the rioting and protest. it has been a very scary scene around here. We have been told not to drive around in any vehicles with our ensignia and i have stop wearing any article of clothing with our ensignia.

I am sure i have heard a little more than most of you but I am not at liberty to say. All i want to say is that my heart goes out to the family of Oscar Grant. I sympathize for all of us innicent BART employees that have to face the wrath of the community when we had absolutely nothing to do with it. I even sympathize for the othe BART police officers who had no idea what was going on and now they have to face the wrath of our community.

I'm sorry I didn't read all your posts, just the first couple of pages before I post this. I don't know the officer personally although I'm sure our paths have crossed because I'm part of the new hire orientation team here at BART but i don't remember him personally. All i like to say that there are bad people and good people in every walk of life and you may not never know who they are until something like this happens.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:48 pm
The Coooach wrote:As some of you know, i work for BART. I was on vacation when this happened but I got the news on my Blackberry shortly after it happened. My job requires I get correspondence from BART central.

The whole situation is sad, pathetic and cut wrenching. I wanted to throw-up and cry when i saw the video. We BART employees don't know anymore than most of you. We are kept in the dark. I have been at work for all the rioting and protest. it has been a very scary scene around here. We have been told not to drive around in any vehicles with our ensignia and i have stop wearing any article of clothing with our ensignia.

I am sure i have heard a little more than most of you but I am not at liberty to say. All i want to say is that my heart goes out to the family of Oscar Grant. I sympathize for all of us innicent BART employees that have to face the wrath of the community when we had absolutely nothing to do with it. I even sympathize for the othe BART police officers who had no idea what was going on and now they have to face the wrath of our community.

I'm sorry I didn't read all your posts, just the first couple of pages before I post this. I don't know the officer personally although I'm sure our paths have crossed because I'm part of the new hire orientation team here at BART but i don't remember him personally. All i like to say that there are bad people and good people in every walk of life and you may not never know who they are until something like this happens.

Im sure everybody joins me in saying stay safe out there Reggie. Thank You for the insight and we look forward to hearing any news you might be able to share with us at a later time.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:33 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
The Coooach wrote:As some of you know, i work for BART. I was on vacation when this happened but I got the news on my Blackberry shortly after it happened. My job requires I get correspondence from BART central.

Im sure everybody joins me in saying stay safe out there Reggie. Thank You for the insight and we look forward to hearing any news you might be able to share with us at a later time.

Thanks Always. As you can expect it is pretty stressfull at this time around here. I feel for the station agents who have to work by themselves at the BART station.

As a lot of uyou have said, the violence is coming from a few people who get a rise out of destroying property and run home to see if they can see themselves on the NEWS. Most of the protestors have been well organized and wellbehaved.

One point that I think that could have helped squelch a lot of this community anger is that BART should have apologized and sympathized immediately. This did not happen. Not admitting to guilt or innocence but saying something like " We are sorry for this horrible event and the death of Mr. Grant. We sympathize with the family as we continue our investigation. Nothing like this was said for several days after it had happened. Me and my fellow employees don't understand why BART didn't handle it this way
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:50 pm
The Coooach wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Thanks Always. As you can expect it is pretty stressfull at this time around here. I feel for the station agents who have to work by themselves at the BART station.

As a lot of uyou have said, the violence is coming from a few people who get a rise out of destroying property and run home to see if they can see themselves on the NEWS. Most of the protestors have been well organized and wellbehaved.

One point that I think that could have helped squelch a lot of this community anger is that BART should have apologized and sympathized immediately. This did not happen. Not admitting to guilt or innocence but saying something like " We are sorry for this horrible event and the death of Mr. Grant. We sympathize with the family as we continue our investigation. Nothing like this was said for several days after it had happened. Me and my fellow employees don't understand why BART didn't handle it this way

probably because that would mean they are admitting to the liability and they don't want to get sued, as heartless as it sounds it probably comes from that.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:13 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
The Coooach wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

probably because that would mean they are admitting to the liability and they don't want to get sued, as heartless as it sounds it probably comes from that.

No, actually, it would help in case they were sued. I'm with Reggie here, I don't know why BART didn't, at least, extend their sympathies to Grant's family.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum