BOLD Predictions for 2008-09 season

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:24 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:PREDICTION 11: Mike Dunleavy will be the first coach fired in the NBA Its him or Baron, and they're sticking with Baron.

didnt dunleavy just sign on as the clippers new gm?

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:41 pm
Mr.KC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:PREDICTION 11: Mike Dunleavy will be the first coach fired in the NBA Its him or Baron, and they're sticking with Baron.

didnt dunleavy just sign on as the clippers new gm?

yes and no. The GM title might be his officially, but Clippers owner has the assistant GM being the check and balance to Dunleavy. Its a good move and it makes it easier to fire him (dunleavy). Think about it. Now they cannot blame Baylor for screwing them up.

Also, Baron is already frustrated with Dunleavy. He doesnt like the restrictions he has. Dunleavy is the Al Saunders of Basketball, with his 1,000 different plays. Thats why its a BOLD prediction.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:11 pm
PREDICTION 12.

Monta suspension will be reduced.

PREDICTION 13

Both Anthony Randloph and Morrow appear in the Rooks vs Sophs game.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:12 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:PREDICTION 12.

Monta suspension will be reduced.

PREDICTION 13

Both Anthony Randloph and Morrow appear in the Rooks vs Sophs game.

I think Wright should make the Sophs team. That is... if Nelson actually plays time unlike today for some unknown reason.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:36 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:hey guys, so i decided to make some BOLD predictions for the 2008-2009 season. I Encourage u to laugh, disagree and criticize my predictions all you want.

Oh and feel free to make your own BOLD predictions as well.

- - - - - -

Prediction 1: The Boston Celtics and the Cleveland Cavs will NOT be a number 1 seed in the East, and neither will go to the NBA Finals. Boston will be a good team this season, as will the Cleveland Cavs (their rival), But the Pistons do not depend on one player, as one injury will not end the world. Can you say that for Cleveland or Boston?

Prediction 2: Carmelo Anthony will be traded to an Eastern Conference contender by the trade deadline. Don't be surprise if we see this to Detroit for Rodney Stucky or Jason Maxiel, along with a pick or two and throw ins. Denver is in rebuilding mode, and by the time they are contenders, free agency might have already consumed Melo Yellow. Chicago is also very likely.

Prediction 3: The San Antonio Spurs will once again make a formal complaint to the NBA in regards to a heavily one sided trade. Portland Acquires Shawn Marion for Nicolas Batum, another deep bench player from Portland and Raef LeFrenz (Note: this only works if LeFrenz is healthy by the trade deadline.)

Prediction 4: Michael BEASTley will win ROY; second being Robin Lopez.

Prediction 5: Rajon Rondo will win Most Improve. Ray Allen will no longer be a part of the "Big 3", as Rondo will be the third best player in this club.

Prediction 6: The top 4 teams in the west wont include the usual suspects. Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix done after round 1, as Utah, Houston, LAL, and New Orleans move on.

Prediction 7: Portland makes the playoffs as 6th seed despite Oden's disappointing season. Don't worry, he's still young and shows promise.

Prediction 8: Miami's season. Miami will make the playoffs, won't go far, but have placed the pieces as the favorites in the East in 09-10 season

Prediction 9: Classic Finals of Lakers vs. Detroit. Lakers win it in 6.

Prediction 10: GSW: The Warriors despite not making the playoffs (9th seed), will be the funnest team to watch!!!!

Prediction 7 will be the only real one it looks like

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:17 pm
How is #10 working out?
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:11 pm
The fact that as farfetch some of those proposals were, im still surprise i got a good shot at a few of them being right. I mean, were only in Mid January (ALREADY!) and we go til mid April for the end of the season. So u never know.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:48 pm
Looks like your on point with the Rando prediction he has stepped it up big time this year.

How do u feel about your last prediction. Did you predict that before or after Monta got hurt ?

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:05 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Looks like your on point with the Rando prediction he has stepped it up big time this year.

How do u feel about your last prediction. Did you predict that before or after Monta got hurt ?

nah rondo is not more important than Ray Allen. Celtics victory depends on Allen to make his shots.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:19 pm
saintdee wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Looks like your on point with the Rando prediction he has stepped it up big time this year.

nah rondo is not more important than Ray Allen. Celtics victory depends on Allen to make his shots.

Take Rando away from celtics who will run the ponit ? Rando has performed well and done the little things that count, that don't always show up on the stat sheet.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:35 pm
lol who's Rando?

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:59 pm
Quazza wrote:lol who's Rando?

Haha wow did i really say Rando twice, i meant to say Rambo..I mean Rondo. Rondo, Rondo, ok am good now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:48 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
saintdee wrote:

Take Rando away from celtics who will run the ponit ? Rando has performed well and done the little things that count, that don't always show up on the stat sheet.

Yea, Rondo has been perhaps the most valuable player for the Celts this season, he has really emerged as a very good, important player for them

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:29 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
Quazza wrote:lol who's Rando?

Haha wow did i really say Rando twice, i meant to say Rambo..I mean Rondo. Rondo, Rondo, ok am good now.

haha ;)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:29 am
I didn't make a prediction, but two I would have been wrong about are the Raptors and Nuggets.

I was totally sure the Raptors would be a top 4 team in the east and that the Nuggets wouldn't make the playoffs... and look now.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum