diogu playing well.

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What does chris Mullin do?

Get rid of someone and let Diogu play
29%
Wait and see
71%

Total votes : 17

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:57 am
TMC wrote:I don't care about blocked shots. If he turns out to be a shot-blocking machine, all the better, but I just want him to rebound and score inside.

That's what the team needs from him, an inside presence to keep the opposing defense honest.

I know what you mean but with Foyle getting older and soon to get less minutes with the development of Biedrins and Taft, someone needs to block some shots. All the great teams have a good shot blocker and Diogu can be that player for the Warriors

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:06 am
Yeah, sure. But I don't know if we're expecting too much of him too soon... We expect him to grab boards, guard anybody, score and now block shots. It may be too much of a burden, he's just a rookie.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:28 am
If he's great, he will be able to do what I'm saying. I don't expect alot this season but next season he will have to be a very productive player, unless someone else steps up as a low post scorer, rebounder and defender

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:15 am
TMC wrote:Yeah, sure. But I don't know if we're expecting too much of him too soon... We expect him to grab boards, guard anybody, score and now block shots. It may be too much of a burden, he's just a rookie.

EXACTLY what I've been saying since Day 1. Look at how Mike Dunleavy turned out after we put ALL the pressure on him, compared to Jason (who many people didn't expect this much out of). Let Ike develop at his own pace and it'll be more rewarding.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:32 pm
I'm just saying that he has those abilities. He will need time develop obviously

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:58 pm
We don't know for sure how effective those abilities will be in the NBA... which is why nuturing them (instead of hurrying them) is more key.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:55 pm
But that does not mean, play him only a handful of minutes for a few months just so he "gets use to the nba". He should be thrown in sometimes, for over 30mins for him to really get use to the nba! All the good rookies throughout the years play alot in their first season and Diogu looks like he has the ability to be no exception. Especially when the team needs it (like when they are getting beaten inside), Diogu should get more time

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:58 am
I'm not saying shelter him and play him with Cheaney's minutes or anything. I'm saying lets not go all Alex Smith and just throw him in before he's ready! Give him the luxury of having a part-time role his first year or two and the payoff will be huge, compared to forcing him into the rotation his first season! If we play him with Pietrus' kind of minutes... 20-25 a night, he'll be great in 2 seasons.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:16 pm
I just think that Diogu has the skill level to be a player that plays alot of minutes. It just depends on what is hapening with the team. If Foyle is playing well enough, which for the most part he has been alright, then Diogu will have to get marginal sort of minutes so Foyle can still do his thing, but if Foyle starts to deteriorate or Diogu continues to be effective like he has been and also shows that he can be a defensive force (doesn't have to be to the level of foyle but close to it), then the move should be made to either start Diogu at PF and move Murphy to Center or only play Foyle for 20 minutes or so again and give Diogu much more minutes - Which ever looks best for the team.

Ike Diogu seems like a great player in the making, who is already very good now and in games like the ones against the Suns and Pistons, he could have made enough of a difference to win those games if he had been given alot more court time. I feel as if the team has yet to really use diogu's ability to any major level or has yet to discover his abilities totally. Either way, Diogu is a player that can make a difference now as well as later

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:05 am
migya wrote:in games like the ones against the Suns and Pistons, he could have made enough of a difference to win those games if he had been given alot more court time.

Not against the Pistons. He almost fouled out in 17 minutes, and wasn't that effective, with only 1 board and a couple of buckets...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:57 pm
migya wrote:I just think that Diogu has the skill level to be a player that plays alot of minutes. It just depends on what is hapening with the team. If Foyle is playing well enough, which for the most part he has been alright, then Diogu will have to get marginal sort of minutes so Foyle can still do his thing, but if Foyle starts to deteriorate or Diogu continues to be effective like he has been and also shows that he can be a defensive force (doesn't have to be to the level of foyle but close to it), then the move should be made to either start Diogu at PF and move Murphy to Center or only play Foyle for 20 minutes or so again and give Diogu much more minutes - Which ever looks best for the team.

Nevertheless, an ideal situation would allow him to develop at his own pace. Trust me, the Warriors will work him into the rotation when he's ready, but we don't want him to be forced in early by Adonal playing poorly or anything. Ideally, we want Foyle to hold it down until Ike can take over most of the minutes in the next year.

migya wrote:Ike Diogu seems like a great player in the making, who is already very good now and in games like the ones against the Suns and Pistons, he could have made enough of a difference to win those games if he had been given alot more court time. I feel as if the team has yet to really use diogu's ability to any major level or has yet to discover his abilities totally. Either way, Diogu is a player that can make a difference now as well as later

Ehhhh, no comment. I don't wanna say anything against our "Elton-Brand-in-training", but I dunno if his skill level is THAT high yet... he's good, but he'll be THAT good in a little more time.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:04 am
arrr
Previous

Return to Trades