McGrady to the Dubs???

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Role Player
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 12:34 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:25 pm
I've been hearing lately of the possibility of T-Mac being traded, being that he's such an oft-injured player.

Would you guys do a Maggs/another combo guard for T-mac?

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:52 pm
chinchilla13 wrote:I've been hearing lately of the possibility of T-Mac being traded, being that he's such an oft-injured player.

Would you guys do a Maggs/another combo guard for T-mac?


it would have to be maggs and crawford +filler or maggs and jackson +filler for t-mac cuz his contract is at 21 mill. if i thought we could be in the running for lbj, wade, amare, or even bosh in 2010, then yeah id take tmac in any of those package deals.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image

All Star
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:49 am
Location: Sunnyvale
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:55 pm
mcgrady isnt even as good as he was before. he'd basically be a giant expiring contract wouldnt actually be that bad.

Rookie
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:58 pm
i'd pass on t-mac. people like to talk about how maggette is lazy, but go hit a rockets fan blog and see what they think of t-mac.

Moderator
Posts: 5314
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:42 pm
I'll tell u this.. if McGrady is traded this season, and the rockets make it past the first round, his presumed curse would now be official.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21218
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:40 pm
saintdee wrote:mcgrady isnt even as good as he was before. he'd basically be a giant expiring contract wouldnt actually be that bad.



Yea, TMac isn't healthy and a shadow of his megastar self. Be good as an expiring contract but Rockets wouldn't take two of out overpaid nonwinners
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:51 pm
booooooo!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:02 am
T-Mac is a better version of Maggette, except they have one thing in common... they both can't stay healthy. Would you rather have Tracy's back or Corey's hamstrings? Doesn't really matter.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:41 am
xbay wrote:T-Mac is a better version of Maggette, except they have one thing in common... they both can't stay healthy. Would you rather have Tracy's back or Corey's hamstrings? Doesn't really matter.


thats not really the question...its more like would you rather have tmac's contract, or the combined contracts of maggs+jack or maggs+crawford or jack+crawford.

side note: i believe that anyone who thinks this trade wouldnt help the warriors simply cuz tmac is always injured, needs to take a look at his contract and realize that we could kill 2 birds with one stone in this trade IF IT WERE TO HAPPEN (which it likely wouldnt).
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:54 am
E-Man wrote:
xbay wrote:T-Mac is a better version of Maggette, except they have one thing in common... they both can't stay healthy. Would you rather have Tracy's back or Corey's hamstrings? Doesn't really matter.


thats not really the question...its more like would you rather have tmac's contract, or the combined contracts of maggs+jack or maggs+crawford or jack+crawford.

side note: i believe that anyone who thinks this trade wouldnt help the warriors simply cuz tmac is always injured, needs to take a look at his contract and realize that we could kill 2 birds with one stone in this trade IF IT WERE TO HAPPEN (which it likely wouldnt).


I guess so. But you said it yourself, it probably wouldn't happen. Don't get me wrong, I'd be stoked to have T-Mac because we'd get rid of two unwanted contracts and we'd get equal value in return. The season is lost, so losing those two for one and freeing up time for others would be great.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:24 am
If we gave up anything more than Crawford and Maggette for T-Mac I would be pissed. The guy doesn't play, he sits out with a freaking hangnail every other game. No thank you. I don't care how good he is for the 3.2 games he plays per month, it's not worth it.
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:35 am
How many more years does he have on his contract?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:47 am
RobDIKUM wrote:How many more years does he have on his contract?


Two, next season will be the last of his deal, at $23 million. A GREAT contract for trades.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:18 pm
TMC wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:How many more years does he have on his contract?


Two, next season will be the last of his deal, at $23 million. A GREAT contract for trades.


Sign me up for that trade, i'd do it

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:28 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:If we gave up anything more than Crawford and Maggette for T-Mac I would be pissed. The guy doesn't play, he sits out with a freaking hangnail every other game. No thank you. I don't care how good he is for the 3.2 games he plays per month, it's not worth it.


thats exactly the thing tho, he doesnt really play but the trade is for his contract. he comes in, doesnt play cuz he's injured, so we got monta, buike/marco, jack, wright, and goose as our starting lineup. allowing us to also develop randolph and even morrow.

when healthy:

monta/ watson/ williams
T-Mac*/ marco/ morrow
Jackson/ buike
wright/ randolph/ kurz
biedrins/ turiaf

the * next to T-Mac means we only use him for a few minutes per game. no where near the time jack or monta gets. of course T-Mac is only healthy for maybe 30 games per season so the lineup would be moved over (marco starts, buike is his primary backup). in that situation randolph should see at least a little time at 3.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron