Injury Clouds 3-Team Deal

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:47 am
Sources: Injury Clouds 3-Team Deal
Jan 12, 2009 9:24 AM EST

The Bobcats, Mavericks and Thunder were close to a three-team deal, but those talks have now gone dormant according to NBA front office sources.

ESPN.com reported that the deal would have sent Raymond Felton, Nazr Mohammed and Sean May from Charlotte to Dallas, landed Earl Watson and Dallas' DeSagana Diop with the Bobcats and shipped Jerry Stackhouse to the Thunder along with a future second-round pick.

However, Charlotte rookie D.J. Augustin was injured in last Tuesday's win over Boston, which could keep the Bobcats from dealing Felton.

Interesting trade rumour and if it is true, Felton really is available and for not very much either it seems. Be great to see the team try to go for him, something Mullin could've probably seen and gone for but he isn't in charge of nothing now is he :x

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:36 am
So, just so I get this straight.

Dallas gets = Felton, Nazr and May from Bobcats.

Bobcats get = Earl Watson and Diop.

Thunder gets = Stackhouse and a 2nd round pick.

Jesus, Dallas are RAPING with that...........they swap a useless big man for a servicable one in Diop for Nazr, get Felton for nothing basically.

Thunder give up there back up PG for another wingman, and an ageing one at that.

Bobcats get a useless big man and bacj up PG to Augustine!

Damn, what a crazy deal for all of them apart from the Mavs.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:51 am
bigstrads wrote:So, just so I get this straight.

Dallas gets = Felton, Nazr and May from Bobcats.

Bobcats get = Earl Watson and Diop.

Thunder gets = Stackhouse and a 2nd round pick.

Jesus, Dallas are RAPING with that...........they swap a useless big man for a servicable one in Diop for Nazr, get Felton for nothing basically.

Thunder give up there back up PG for another wingman, and an ageing one at that.

Bobcats get a useless big man and bacj up PG to Augustine!

Damn, what a crazy deal for all of them apart from the Mavs.

Well Dallas doesn't need Felton, not right now anyway, it would likely be a move for the future as Kidd will probably retire in two or three years. Still, not a good move for Felton as he gets buried on the bench somewhat and that would've made me pissed because the Warriors could use him so much it is unbelievable. Him and Monta as the backcourt would be similar to Baron and Monta together. I know, Felton isn't there yet but he scores well and distributes well also and he reminds me a bit of Baron. Diop was used more before he was trade to the Nets and I'm surprised he isn't used the same now. He plays defense and rebounds in short minutes, an effective big man he has been for them. Mohammed has disappeared and I'm surprised the bobcats don't use him alot more as he was doing well in previous years in his career. May has potential and if Dallas got him that would just be adding more talent to their team, though May may never be anything, you never know.

Bobcats drafted Augustin and I couldn't believe it, as they already had Felton. They mustn't be happy with Felton and looked for a replacement. Watson is better as a backup and a very good distributor as well. He wouldn't be bad on the Warriors actually but as a backup PG. Maybe the Bobcats would use Diop, who knows.

The Thunder would get Stack's expiring contract, as if they need it. They really would just be setting themselves up for attracting freeagents and resigning their young stars in a couple of years, nothing else

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:57 am
I'll use Migya's post to explain my take on it:

migya wrote:Well Dallas doesn't need Felton, not right now anyway, it would likely be a move for the future as Kidd will probably retire in two or three years. Still, not a good move for Felton as he gets buried on the bench somewhat and that would've made me pissed because the Warriors could use him so much it is unbelievable. Him and Monta as the backcourt would be similar to Baron and Monta together. I know, Felton isn't there yet but he scores well and distributes well also and he reminds me a bit of Baron. Diop was used more before he was trade to the Nets and I'm surprised he isn't used the same now. He plays defense and rebounds in short minutes, an effective big man he has been for them. Mohammed has disappeared and I'm surprised the bobcats don't use him alot more as he was doing well in previous years in his career. May has potential and if Dallas got him that would just be adding more talent to their team, though May may never be anything, you never know.

Yep, that's it. Felon... er, Felton is an expirer, and trading for him now gives them a chance to take a good look at him for the rest of the season and decide if he can be Kidd's replacement. May is just there to make the salaries work.

I don't like Felton, but Dallas ain't losing much, so I can understand this trade for them.

migya wrote:Bobcats drafted Augustin and I couldn't believe it, as they already had Felton. They mustn't be happy with Felton and looked for a replacement. Watson is better as a backup and a very good distributor as well. He wouldn't be bad on the Warriors actually but as a backup PG. Maybe the Bobcats would use Diop, who knows.

DJ has outplayed Felton and is the reason why the Bobcats are trying to trade him. It's not surprising that they're trying to trade him for nothing, because, that way, they'll save money for free agency. Still, Diop's contract is awful, so I don't reallly know what they're trying to achieve with this move. The way I see, they're the big losers of this trade.

We'll see what happens with DJ's injury, tho...

migya wrote:The Thunder would get Stack's expiring contract, as if they need it. They really would just be setting themselves up for attracting freeagents and resigning their young stars in a couple of years, nothing else

Exactly. They'd get an expirer and a pick. Great move for a rebuilding team.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:16 pm
sht deal for Felton. He's actually having a career year thus far
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:30 pm
I think the Bobcats want Diop to bolster their front line even more. It's only Emeka and Diaw holding it down. Their back ups either suck or are below average. Stackhouse provides a veteran presence. This is just a move to suit Larry Brown more, I think. Get rid of the young guns, bring in veterans.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:24 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Bobcats drafted Augustin and I couldn't believe it, as they already had Felton. They mustn't be happy with Felton and looked for a replacement. Watson is better as a backup and a very good distributor as well. He wouldn't be bad on the Warriors actually but as a backup PG. Maybe the Bobcats would use Diop, who knows.

DJ has outplayed Felton and is the reason why the Bobcats are trying to trade him. It's not surprising that they're trying to trade him for nothing, because, that way, they'll save money for free agency.

I don't see how you think Augustin has outplayed Felton. Here are the stats for both of them:

Felton - 13.2pts, 39.5FG%, 78.2FT%, 3.6rebs, 6.1asts, 2.7TOs, 1.5stls, 0.3blks, 37:06mins
Augustin - 12.1pts, 39.8FG%, 91.6FT%, 1.8rebs, 4.1asts, 2.0TOs, 0.5stls, 0.0blks, 28:23mins

Felton has played more minutes but overall has played better than Augustin. They could keep them both and should because both are better than Raja Bell. They were stupid to trade JRich

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:57 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

DJ has outplayed Felton and is the reason why the Bobcats are trying to trade him. It's not surprising that they're trying to trade him for nothing, because, that way, they'll save money for free agency.

I don't see how you think Augustin has outplayed Felton. Here are the stats for both of them:

Felton - 13.2pts, 39.5FG%, 78.2FT%, 3.6rebs, 6.1asts, 2.7TOs, 1.5stls, 0.3blks, 37:06mins
Augustin - 12.1pts, 39.8FG%, 91.6FT%, 1.8rebs, 4.1asts, 2.0TOs, 0.5stls, 0.0blks, 28:23mins

Felton has played more minutes but overall has played better than Augustin. They could keep them both and should because both are better than Raja Bell. They were stupid to trade JRich

Stat wise, yes. But as far as them being overall similar? No. I don't watch the Bobcats play, but many have said that DJ has outplayed RayRay on the court by a wide margin. He does so many things better than Felton that don't show up on the stat sheet.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:06 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Stat wise, yes. But as far as them being overall similar? No. I don't watch the Bobcats play, but many have said that DJ has outplayed RayRay on the court by a wide margin. He does so many things better than Felton that don't show up on the stat sheet.

I haven't read any articles stating this, but Felton does get much better stats, as I pointed out and it seems hard to see Augustin being much better than Felton, who runs that team pretty well

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:10 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I haven't read any articles stating this, but Felton does get much better stats, as I pointed out and it seems hard to see Augustin being much better than Felton, who runs that team pretty well

Wait, hold on. Does MJ still help run this team? If so, I think I'll know why this franchise will never find true light.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:15 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Wait, hold on. Does MJ still help run this team? If so, I think I'll know why this franchise will never find true light.

I'll never know how anyone can stuff up something that is pretty good. The Bobcats haven't been that good but trading JRich for what they did was stupid. They now are in need of a proper starting SG. What they need is a Center or PF to alongside Okafor, who can play either position. When you have a number of high lottery picks you shouldn't stuff it up that much. They have some good key players and just need a better team concept. Brown hasn't done it for them yet and probably won't

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:35 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I haven't read any articles stating this, but Felton does get much better stats, as I pointed out

Much better?. I'd say barely better, and with 10 less minutes per game.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:24 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I haven't read any articles stating this, but Felton does get much better stats, as I pointed out

Much better?. I'd say barely better, and with 10 less minutes per game.

I'll take Felton right now and for as cheap as that supposed trade, be even better

Return to News Articles