'09 Trade Deadline stuff

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:02 pm
Denver is already short on big men. I don't think they would trade their starting PF for whatever position Maggs plays.

Otherwise I'd do it.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:51 pm
fine wrote:Denver is already short on big men. I don't think they would trade their starting PF for whatever position Maggs plays.

Otherwise I'd do it.

yeah I was going to say that too... if they even make a trade, it'd be too gain another big man
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:40 pm
From ESPN's Weekend Dime:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090110-11
The two guys on the original list who actually had nothing to worry about were Charlotte's Juwan Howard and Golden State's C.J. Watson (above, right). That's because, according to the Bobcats, Howard's veteran minimum contract was guaranteed for the season when he signed on Dec. 12. And because Watson, according to NBA front-office sources, has quietly played so solidly for the Warriors that he's likely to land a multiyear contract in the summer with the Dubs or someone else. I'm told that no Warrior generates more trade interest than the bargain-priced guard.

CJ Watson is our most wanted piece?? Who would have known...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:10 pm
fine wrote:From ESPN's Weekend Dime:

The two guys on the original list who actually had nothing to worry about were Charlotte's Juwan Howard and Golden State's C.J. Watson (above, right). That's because, according to the Bobcats, Howard's veteran minimum contract was guaranteed for the season when he signed on Dec. 12. And because Watson, according to NBA front-office sources, has quietly played so solidly for the Warriors that he's likely to land a multiyear contract in the summer with the Dubs or someone else. I'm told that no Warrior generates more trade interest than the bargain-priced guard.

Shows you HOW bad we really are, when he is the most wanted of our players............although its obviously to do with his money.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:16 pm
giveaway Mags for hinrich....that's me.... :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:15 pm
GSW United wrote:giveaway Mags for hinrich....that's me.... :D

That'd be fine, not sure the Bulls would do that and that also adds another guard to the team. One of the guards has to go and Crawford is the guy :wink:

:mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:21 pm
bigstrads wrote:
fine wrote:From ESPN's Weekend Dime:

Shows you HOW bad we really are, when he is the most wanted of our players............although its obviously to do with his money.

that is sad, but honestly trade wise, that might make a lot of sense, you can only have so many guards. he has improved his shooting tremendously (not that it was ever horrible), he's a great rebounder for someone his size, but I still don't see him as a point guard. rarely do you hear anyone say "great dish from CJ watson". we have enough high priced off guards, and god knows watson deserves a good contract next year
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:56 am
Paul Pierce believes there will be changes, and he supports the concept.
"I wouldn't be surprised if something happens," Pierce said. "Usually every year something happens, regardless of if your winning or you're not playing so well. The team is always looking for ways to better itself, so it definitely wouldn't surprise me if we made a move."

And if the captain was shopping for the groceries, just what would he look for?

"It's kind of hard to say, but definitely you would like to get another shooter," Pierce said. "I think that could help us. I don't know if that's going to be coming from a range-shooting four or a 3-point shooting 3-man, but I think we could definitely use another guy who could stretch the defense." -- Boston Herald

just an idea...

maggette and watson to boston for powe, house and scalabrine...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:02 pm
Kunlathep Chucnjit wrote:
"I wouldn't be surprised if something happens," Pierce said. "Usually every year something happens, regardless of if your winning or you're not playing so well. The team is always looking for ways to better itself, so it definitely wouldn't surprise me if we made a move."

"It's kind of hard to say, but definitely you would like to get another shooter," Pierce said. "I think that could help us. I don't know if that's going to be coming from a range-shooting four or a 3-point shooting 3-man, but I think we could definitely use another guy who could stretch the defense." -- Boston Herald

just an idea...

:thumbup: I like it!

Bring some homesick guys back home and erase any trace of the maggette signing.

If Boston keeps struggling I would EXPECT this trade to go down!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:17 pm

just an idea...

We just have to find a team like Boston who is in a "win now" situation, and is willing to take on salary for a player who can help them (well, who they think can help :wink:)

I think Boston is a good candidate for that, especially given that they seem to be sputtering, and to have a option like Maggs off the bench would change the dynamic of there team alot.

But Boston is all about defense, that is Doc's thing, that is what they all do together to win............so if they see how lazy and clueless Maggs is on D, then Im sure that would put them off.

Saying that, Boston was one of the teams offering Maggs their MLE in the summer...........so they obviously were willing to accept his shortcomings for 5.8 mil............but would they for 9 mil.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:08 pm
I think Boston needs a good back up point guard. Gabe Pruitt doesn't play and Eddie House is strictly a shooter. CJ knows his role and plays it well.

The reason why I doubt that trade is because the Celtics may NEVER ever give up on Scalenbrine. I didn't say I agreed or disagreed with the trade, though.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:56 pm
well hey, apparently CJ is getting a heap of attention from other teams(remember someone posting it) and it makes sense. He's playing really well, and is cheap
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:47 pm
bigstrads wrote:

just an idea...

We just have to find a team like Boston who is in a "win now" situation, and is willing to take on salary for a player who can help them (well, who they think can help :wink:)

I think Boston is a good candidate for that, especially given that they seem to be sputtering, and to have a option like Maggs off the bench would change the dynamic of there team alot.

But Boston is all about defense, that is Doc's thing, that is what they all do together to win............so if they see how lazy and clueless Maggs is on D, then Im sure that would put them off.

Saying that, Boston was one of the teams offering Maggs their MLE in the summer...........so they obviously were willing to accept his shortcomings for 5.8 mil............but would they for 9 mil.

That and Maggette didn't want to go there because he wouldn't start. Getting him would likely cause unrest more than anything else but worth asking them. Worth asking any team if they want him

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:10 pm
is it definitely cos he wouldn't start though? I never heard that-just that they couldn't offer more than the MLE

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:59 pm
Kurz for a 6 pack of beer... therefore nelly doesn't have to feel left out
PreviousNext

Return to Trades