*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:32 am
I have lots of little things that run through my head or things I see regarding the rest of the NBA.........too small to start a thread over but never the less, still worthy of note.

So, I thought it would be cool to have a little thread where you post just small things you notice around the NBA...........could be a great highlight, a piece of news........anything!

So Ill start.

Has anyone else noticed how the Cavs current uniform (dont know what its for) resembles our old city uniform?

Everytime Ive seen a highlight with them wearning it, I get a quick thought of = "Holy sh*t! thats LeBron in a Warriors uniform!"........then a milli second later I realise they are just ripping us off again, like with last years playoff campaing. :roll:

Image
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:37 pm
Then theres this beautifully run game winning oppotunity in the Fakers vs Pacers game last night :oops: :mrgreen: =

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDK-N3ZUqb4[/youtube]

Get the idea? :wink:

All Star
Posts: 1469
» Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:48 pm
Random NBA thought:

Celtics using the "hack-a-shaq" strategy on Ben Wallace last night. Fo reals yo??
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 144
» Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:39 pm
fine wrote:Celtics using the "hack-a-shaq" strategy on Ben Wallace last night. Fo reals yo??


Well, he's probably the worst free throw shooter in NBA history:

Worst Career FT Percentage
Minimum: 1,200 Attempts

Player......................FTM........FTA...........FT%
Ben Wallace.............994.........2,377......41.8
Chris Dudley............691.........1,508......45.8
Wilt Chamberlain......6,057......11,862....51.1
Reggie Evans...........629.........1,219......51.6
Bo Outlaw................957.........1,837......52.1
Shaquille O'Neal.......5,527......10,522.....52.5


http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=ShaqFTs-081218
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:29 am
I'm going to the Clippers-Suns game today...front row seats ('cause no one likes the Clippers). Time to see Matt Barnes, J-Rich, and Baron together again...kinda :mrgreen:

Just looked it up, guess Baron still isn't gonna play with a bruised ass. Lame! Oh well Matty and Richardson are enough for me! Go Suns!
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:10 am
Captain is in crush heaven today.. :mrgreen:


Anyone see the article today about Harrington?
The Knicks leading scorer has been benched by D'Antoni who said,
"he slows us down with the one-on-one game" Al? what happened?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:20 am
Jackattack wrote:Captain is in crush heaven today.. :mrgreen:


Anyone see the article today about Harrington?
The Knicks leading scorer has been benched by D'Antoni who said,
"he slows us down with the one-on-one game" Al? what happened?


Oh I know...I'm going to be like 10 feet from Matt Barnes **drool**. What's funny is I'm going with my friend who is even more obsessed with him than I am...she takes it to a whole new level.

Haven't seen the article, but I'm gonna go find it...doesn't really surprise me.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:35 am
Captain_Jack wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Captain is in crush heaven today.. :mrgreen:


Anyone see the article today about Harrington?
The Knicks leading scorer has been benched by D'Antoni who said,
"he slows us down with the one-on-one game" Al? what happened?


Oh I know...I'm going to be like 10 feet from Matt Barnes **drool**. What's funny is I'm going with my friend who is even more obsessed with him than I am...she takes it to a whole new level.

Haven't seen the article, but I'm gonna go find it...doesn't really surprise me.


Your friend sounds scary... :wink:

What I like is D'Antoni is benching his high scorer for the benefit of the rest of the team....

Thank god for injuries because I don't think we'd see much of our bench this year without them.
In Dono's defense, the adjustment period with our shuffled up roster and bench is going well into the season because this is the
first time he has been forced to seriously consider who else he has on the team.
Give him some time, he's just getting to know these guys.. lol
(Strange, how can I make a point and be both sarcastic and and kinda serious at the same time)
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:50 am
bigstrads wrote:Then theres this beautifully run game winning oppotunity in the Fakers vs Pacers game last night :oops: :mrgreen: =

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDK-N3ZUqb4[/youtube]

Get the idea? :wink:


LOL. That was the UGLIEST end game sequence I have ever seen!!!
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:54 am
bada wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Then theres this beautifully run game winning oppotunity in the Fakers vs Pacers game last night :oops: :mrgreen: =

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDK-N3ZUqb4[/youtube]

Get the idea? :wink:


LOL. That was the UGLIEST end game sequence I have ever seen!!!


Lies, that game where the Warriors managed to turn over the inbound pass twice in a row and ALMOST turned it over a third time was the ugliest end game sequence ever. I think they made an 8 pt. lead with like 15 seconds left and possession into a nail biter.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1396
» Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:16 am
GOAT

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFxXSXGd4hs[/youtube]
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:48 am
Kunlathep Chunjit wrote:GOAT

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFxXSXGd4hs[/youtube]



:D :D :D

There will never be anyone as good as Jordan.
He made everyone else look like playground ballers.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1396
» Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:43 pm
Jackattack wrote:
Kunlathep Chunjit wrote:GOAT


:D :D :D

There will never be anyone as good as Jordan.
He made everyone else look like playground ballers.


:D

one day someone will come along...
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:59 pm
Monta "Moped" Ellis!!!! :D
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:46 pm
Suns-Clippers game was sooooo much fun. Great to see J-Rich and Matty in person again. Baron was inactive and didn't even bother to show up for his own home game...slacker!

I have some pictures, but I'm not sure if they will turn out 'cause I was having some trouble with my camera and the lighting, plus the Clippers are super anal and wouldn't let me use my telephoto lens (the lens had to be less than 3 inches long)...lame!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests