Trade Dunleavy?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:04 am
Obviously dun's value is low right now and this is not the time to trade him, unless in a package deal but the thing is - HE IS FUKIN UP THE WARRIORS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

He should be put on the bench and have to earn his minutes like the rest and prove that he not only deserves the money but more importantly to be given the minutes to help the team win!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:06 am
rise, Purvis, rise wrote:Or maybe you think the NBA is full of teams with morons for GMs?

Yes, they are. There are lots of examples of GMs who bet on unfullfilled potential, be it through trades of signing them to undeserved extensions. Cases like Austin Croshere, Jamal Crawford, Mike Dunleavy, Adonal Foyle, Quentin Richardson or Vin Baker aren't that hard to find.

In fact, there's only a handful of knowledgable GMs in tha NBA. The others are past stars of the team or who may or may not have wht it takes to be a succesful GM.

Some of them are great (Joe Dumars, ...) some are awful (Elgin Baylor, ...).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:16 am
Not to mention the Hornets who recently gave the Warriors a lopsided trade that gave Baron

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:38 am
Right, the Baron and Carter trades are prime examples of moronic GMs...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:50 am
Count on Mullin finding another idiot to pry a good player from

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:51 pm
Hopefully Mullin can become the Billy Beane of the NBA.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:56 pm
rise, Purvis, rise wrote:Anybody who says we should trade Dunleavy doesn't know how these things work. Now would be the worst possible time for a Dunleavy trade. We just signed him to a large contract and he is not playing well. So what do you think we could get for him? Probably another overpaid, salaray cap space-eating underachiever. Or maybe you think the NBA is full of teams with morons for GMs? Or maybe you think Mullin is a moron for signing his contract? Obviously, Mullin signed him because he wants him for the long term. I will grant that the dollar amount seems high--especially when you consider that it is a similar figure to what Tayshaun Prince (a more complete player) just got. But these contract figures always seem high when they're first signed, then a year or two later they look like a bargain. Remember when Kevin Garnett got $120M and nobody could believe it?

Signing multi-year contracts is always a gamble. So is not signing them. But what you DON'T do is decide to sign a player in the offseason, and then when they have a slow start, pee in your pants and try to trade him for whatever you can get. Richardson and Murphy both went into slumps right after they got their deals done. Now, Richardson is playing like an all-star and Murphy is close to that. I think Mullin knows what he is doing. I'd much rather keep Dunleavy and let his numbers improve and maybe think about trying to trade him at a time when he might actually be worth something. Or if he gets it together and plays better...just keep him. But to try to trade him now at a time when his value is at its lowest would be stupid. How would that look to other GMs around the league? I can see it now..."Hmm...Chris Mullin just called and asked what we'd give him for Dunleavy. Either he's an idiot or he thinks we're idiots...if he calls again tell him I'm unavailable."

... I started this post prior to us signing him to that huge contract. Of course I wouldn't trade him now. I doubt there'd be as many takers. Part of what made him attractive was that he was an expiring contract to unload salary cap space with. Now what's he got?....
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:53 pm
What's he got........... - Alot of improving and proving to do!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:01 am
Trade Dunleavy and a 1st rounder for Artest!!!!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:10 am
Indiana would never be that stupid!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:53 pm
Artest is gonna probably go to New York and give them a THIRD player to juggle with Richardson and Crawford. All are inconsistent players, so it really doesn't matter. New York loves to crowd positions, don't they? I recall Penny, Houston, and somebody else all fighting for the SG spot a few years back. Why don't they try filling positions instead of stacking them?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:20 pm
Well.............. Because they're idiots!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:18 pm
Calling them idiots is an insult to REAL idiots... they're simply "Knicks"... that's insult enough.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:13 pm
TMC wrote:
rise, Purvis, rise wrote:Or maybe you think the NBA is full of teams with morons for GMs?

Some of them are great (Joe Dumars, ...) some are awful (Elgin Baylor, ...).

Elgins done a nice job this year imo
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:52 am
Quazza wrote:Elgins done a nice job this year imo

In trades, yeah, but he wasted another pick in a guy (Korolev) who ain't ready to play, and may become another Tskitisbaigiavibbnli...
PreviousNext

Return to Trades