Rowell says Nelson's job is safe

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 am
Despite the dismal start and consecutives losses to the two worst teams in the NBA this week, Warriors President Robert Rowell reiterated Monday that coach Don Nelson's job in not in jeopardy.

Rowell says Nelson's job is safe 01.06.09
"No, I've not given it an ounce of thought," Rowell said before the game at Utah. "Nellie's a great coach. I think he's done his job as a coach. I think Nellie has done everything he's done his last 30 years in the business. ...

"Unfortunately, we've had Corey (Maggette) out 15 games, we've had Monta (Ellis) out, we're banged up. It's still not an excuse - it's the NBA - but we knew when Monta went down that this would be a tough start to the year."

Rowell's official support follows what has been understood since he awarded Nelson a two-year, $12 million extension this summer: Ownership wants the 68-year-old architect of its 2007 playoff team around, and to feel comfortable coaching in spite of his injury- and youth-filled roster.

Golden State is on track to finish with 24 wins this season, its lowest total since the 2001-02 season.

Warriors add Davidson: The Warriors signed 6-foot-10 power forward Jermareo Davidson - who was leading the NBA Development League in double-doubles (10) and third in rebounding (10.8) - to a 10-day contract.

"We're looking for a '4.' Need some help rebounding, and he's got a little experience," said Nelson, who didn't anticipate any more roster moves before all contracts become guaranteed for the rest of the season Saturday.

Davidson was drafted by the Warriors in 2007 and sent to Charlotte as part of the Jason Richardson trade. He played 38 games for the Bobcats.

Oakland native DeMarcus Nelson, who started the first five games at point guard for Golden State, was waived to make room on the roster.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 153U8F.DTL
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:53 am
What bull sh*t.

How ANYONE, even the snake of a corporate whore Rowell is, could say that Nelson has done a good job this year.............is beyond me.

Its all PR crap anyway, you cant take anything that this little bitch says as gospel............as much as he is a Nelson botch boy, I am sure that if Nelson did something he didnt like hed be gone.

F*ck the schedule, f*ck the injuries, f*ck the losses...............its how Nelson is handling our young players, and the in game decisions he makes that warrants him being fired, nothing else.

One thing that makes me think..............is how obvious it is that Nelson is f*cking us over, and what the plan is in all of this?

I mean, if Rowell and Cohan dont think he is doing the disgraceful job that he is.............then where do they see this team going? whats their idea/reason for keeping it the way it is?
Also, I posted this a couple of hours before you posted this article =

bigstrads wrote:You know what though..............I have a bad feeling that this season, in as far as its a diabolical one for Nelson, will just be written off as bad schedule and injury plagued.

And that will be the "reason" for our record, not Nelson...........and as such, he gets a free ride and carte blanche to carry on for the rest of 2 year deal. :banghead:

Yes weve had a tough schedule, and yes weve had alot on injuries.............but the point is, Nelson is not using the roster correctly and not developing our young guys, THAT is why he needs/should be fired, not because we are losing.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:06 pm
Look, Rowell and Nelson are a package deal...as long as Rowell is safe, Nelson is safe - it's like Bush and Cheney
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:10 pm
coltraning wrote:Look, Rowell and Nelson are a package deal...as long as Rowell is safe, Nelson is safe - it's like Bush and Cheney

Ill take Bush and Cheney please. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:43 pm
bigstrads wrote:
coltraning wrote:Look, Rowell and Nelson are a package deal...as long as Rowell is safe, Nelson is safe - it's like Bush and Cheney

Oh god no.
How about we just get a fan out of the stands at every home game to coach the team? Just like in that Whoopie Goldberg movie. It seemed to work for the Knicks.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:04 pm
metalface wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Oh god no.
How about we just get a fan out of the stands at every home game to coach the team? Just like in that Whoopie Goldberg movie. It seemed to work for the Knicks.

haha yeah i call coaching the laker game. Heres an example of my dialogue:

"fellas, got a new play, its called the 'tell me how yo asss taste' play (meaning double team kobe); now ill be calling this play a lot, so get your ears open.

The reason why this play is perfect is that kobe might try to take a swing at me, and therefore suspended for a long time... and then the lakers will lose....yay!

--- K stupid fantasy ends here-----
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:42 pm
bigstrads wrote:What bull sh*t.

How ANYONE, even the snake of a corporate whore Rowell is, could say that Nelson has done a good job this year.............is beyond me.

Its all PR crap anyway, you cant take anything that this little bitch says as gospel............as much as he is a Nelson botch boy, I am sure that if Nelson did something he didnt like hed be gone.

F*ck the schedule, f*ck the injuries, f*ck the losses...............its how Nelson is handling our young players, and the in game decisions he makes that warrants him being fired, nothing else.

One thing that makes me think..............is how obvious it is that Nelson is f*cking us over, and what the plan is in all of this?

I mean, if Rowell and Cohan dont think he is doing the disgraceful job that he is.............then where do they see this team going? whats their idea/reason for keeping it the way it is?
Also, I posted this a couple of hours before you posted this article =

bigstrads wrote:You know what though..............I have a bad feeling that this season, in as far as its a diabolical one for Nelson, will just be written off as bad schedule and injury plagued.

And that will be the "reason" for our record, not Nelson...........and as such, he gets a free ride and carte blanche to carry on for the rest of 2 year deal. :banghead:

Yes weve had a tough schedule, and yes weve had alot on injuries.............but the point is, Nelson is not using the roster correctly and not developing our young guys, THAT is why he needs/should be fired, not because we are losing.

On your quote of a quote, james, if you ever listen to bob fitzgerald, this is exactly what he does. He makes tons of excuses. I know he's employed by the Warriors, but it's tough to listen to. The bay area has great announcing teams all over, but the Warriors are the worst by a large margin. (A's are second cuz Ray fosse)

Return to News Articles