San Siego (1 pts)

Arizona (2 pts)

Philly ( 3 pts)

:wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:39 pm
I'll sticky this thread.

And congrats to GSW for being the lone contestant to pick Arizona to win. He was awarded 2 points.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:43 pm
xbay wrote:I'll sticky this thread.

And congrats to GSW for being the lone contestant to pick Arizona to win. He was awarded 2 points.

ahem ahem.... i picked em too! only 1 pt though.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:48 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:I'll sticky this thread.

ahem ahem.... i picked em too! only 1 pt though.

Sorry about that, it looked like everyone picked Atlanta. Well, I updated the first post.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:05 pm
hehehehe...thx....

i picked Arizona coz they have homefield advantage....i am kind of afraid of Boldin and Fitzgerald, also this is first playoff game for rookie Matt Ryan...

well....it's not the most points game i win... :?

i put a lot of pts on Ravens....hopefully, they could win tomorrow...
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:08 pm
bada wrote:
Atlanta at Arizona (1 confidence point) - If you can not run the ball, I cant take you against a team that can.

ehm..ehm...they proved it....tonite... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:23 am
Okay, that does it... I'm changing my pick in favor of the Eagles winning. Can't trust rookie/inexperienced QB's.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:46 am
xbay wrote:Okay, that does it... I'm changing my pick in favor of the Eagles winning. Can't trust rookie/inexperienced QB's.

yeah thats fine, so long as u didn't change the confidence points value of the game. Once the 1st game starts, thats set in stone.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:59 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:Okay, that does it... I'm changing my pick in favor of the Eagles winning. Can't trust rookie/inexperienced QB's.

yeah thats fine, so long as u didn't change the confidence points value of the game. Once the 1st game starts, thats set in stone.

Yeah, I didn't. Well, I did, but that was before the first playoff game. I just changed who I wanted to win around for the Eagles/Vikings game. Glad I did too! :mrgreen:

Standings updated. Nice job by GSW; a perfect 10/10 points, 4/4 on picking games.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:19 pm
xbay wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Yeah, I didn't. Well, I did, but that was before the first playoff game. I just changed who I wanted to win around for the Eagles/Vikings game. Glad I did too! :mrgreen:

Standings updated. Nice job by GSW; a perfect 10/10 points, 4/4 on picking games.

Thx....coz i am lucky bastard.... :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:20 pm
Woohoo! I got some points today!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:06 pm
I'm not confident that much with any of the match ups. All of them are really a toss up because each team is matched up well with their opponent. Still, you gotta pick a winner...

4. Carolina over Arizona - I don't think the Cards D can stop DeAngelo. If they do, they still have to deal with Steve Smith. And I think the Cards won't be able to run the ball like they did last week against this defense.

3. Baltimore over Tennessee - As much as I love what the Titans have done this year, I don't think their offense can produce enough to beat the Ravens. The same can be said about the Ravens, though. I just think the Ravens defense will carry them once again.

2. Pittsburgh over San Diego - Pitt has never beat the Chargers in the playoffs(0-3). Ben is playing hurt as well, but I just don't think that Chargers offense will have success against this tough Steelers defense on the road.

1. New York over Philly - Philly has been playing like it's destined for them to play in the Super Bowl. But you can never count out the 2008 Champs, and I just think Brandon Jacobs will run over the Eagles D.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:22 am
Carolina over Arizona (4 points) - As much as I like the Cards passing game, I doubt they'll be able to stop DeAngelo. Also, even if they get ahead on the score, their running game doesn't seem able to run the clock, so, the way I see it, this is the easiest game to predict this weekend.

Baltimore over Tennessee (1 point) - If Baltimore is able to stop the Titans running game, I can't see how they're going to lose this one. I'm still amazed at the kind of season Tennessee just had, but a team of overachievers won't keep winning forever.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans win. Hence the low confidence value.

Pittsburgh over San Diego (3 points) - The Steelers D should slow down the Chargers offense enough to allow Fast Willie and Big Ben to beat them. Also, LT being banged up doesn't help the Chargers, and I don't think Sproles is gonna have a game as big as he had against the Colts D.

New York over Philly (2 points) - Thiese two teams know each other so well that anything can happen. It's gonna be a game of execution. The one that sticks to their game plan better and commits less mistakes will take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:42 pm
interesting... both TMC and Xbay picking the same teams.... but the beauty of this system is, there different point values, so it doesn't really matter... mine arent too different. going all home.

4. New York over Philly
3. Carolina over Arizona
2. Pittsburgh over San Diego
1. Tennessee over Baltimore
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:53 pm
4. Carolina over Arizona......the Cards escaped last week against a really good rushing attack, but a one dimensional offense. This week they will not be able to escape Steve Smith and the ground game of the Panthers.

3. Steelers over Chargers.......This one is a tough game, its either 1 point and going with the Chargers or 3 and go with the Steelers. I dont think Sproles can do what he did to the Colts against the Steel Curtain.

2. Ravens over Titans.....I think the Titans season has been slightly counterfeit. They have only really played one good game in the last month or so. Also seeing what the Ravens did last week to a team that is usually very good with the ball....how can you pick against these guys right?

1. Philly over NY Giants.....Eli is going to be watching the Championship rounds and the Superbowl in his parents basement with is brother practicing their Double Stuffing in preparation for their big matchup against the Williams sisters......Eli, its about to be on like Donkey Kong.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board