My First Proposal For About 2 Years......

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:21 pm
Well, its been awhile.............here is my thinking =

Maggs and Williams

For

Brad Miller

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Why We Would Do:

1 - Brad Miller is obviously a big man, who can board and at the very least eat space in the lane.

2 - Plus, and most importantly, he can pass! so we can run the offense through him in the post, to get good shots for our shooters.

3 - Nelson would like him because hes a point forward/center, and he can shoot.

4 - His deal is big but it ends next year.

5 - Mags HAS to go, he kills our offense. Williams is obviously not wanted, so he is the filler to make the salaries work.

Why The Queens Would Do:

1 - They want Brad Miller gone, not sure if its because of the money but I dont think so because his deal is up next year.

2 - They get a perceived reliable scorer to complement Martin's game, both of those two together as a driving threat/combo would be pretty good.

3 - They are down on Beno, his minutes are slowly disapearing, so they could give Williams a shot at the PG spot.........or let him leave at the end of the year = win/win for them.

4 - Allows them to get more minutes for up and coming Hawes and Thompson. Although, might be abit of a problem with Salmons, as him Martin and Mags together is abit of a log jam......but hey, just an idea. :wink:

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:42 pm
Aww heck no... Whenever i go to kings games, miller is the one guy i like to heckle on... my line is always "don't cry brad... its ok... maybe next time" as his face always looks like its gonna burst into tears... plus he whines too much.

But in a basketball standpoint, excelllent trade for both teams. Miller has past his peak. But heck, he can still shoot that mid range pretty good, and i want maggs gone. Plus the Kings are absolutely desperate for a point guard, so williams might intrigue them. Maggs would be good for the Kings, as they need a true SF alongside Martin, who is more of a SG. Salmons wont cut it, and Garcia is better as a 6th man anyway. And the kings dont wanna play miller anyway, as they wanna use their playing time on Hawes and Thompson.

Pretty good trade proposal bigs.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:53 pm
Love it for us, and I agree with your points about why we'd do it.

As for the Kings... not so much. Purely because of Reggrette. In this trade, they get a scorer that can't do anything else, who disrupts the offensive flow and who's usually injured. Add his terrible contract into the mix and I can't see a single reason why they'd make this kind of deal.


If we're gonna trade Reggrette, I've got a feeling that it'll have to be to an East team.

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:48 pm
I already mentioned it Bigs put it in the right posting next time!!! :mrgreen:

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:54 pm
J-Rich wrote:I already mentioned it Bigs put it in the right posting next time!!! :mrgreen:


true that j-rich.. you did mention this

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:00 pm
Yeah!!! I know it did! Bigs needs to learn how to use the trade section and scroll through it better :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:39 pm
J-Rich wrote:Yeah!!! I know it did! Bigs needs to learn how to use the trade section and scroll through it better :mrgreen:


Im just so used to completely disregarding your worthless posts, like everyone else.

I actually feel quite sick now, considering that I had even one similar thought process you had.

Enjoy it Mr Post Whore of the Year............thats 2011 repetitive and useless posts for you, and 1 one for me.............so Im catching up! :roll:

Ohh, and here was your amazing post =

J-Rich wrote:Both teams are struggling right now...Sac is testing the water for Brad Miller...Miller has a large contract that will expire in 2010. Corey and another player will do.


Much more detailed, logical and noticeable than mine huh.

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:54 pm
Makes no difference on how you sugar coat it!!! It's still my idea buddy...NEXT PLEASE POST IN THE PROPER SECTION!!! IT'S DIFFICULT I KNOW!!!

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:56 pm
ANYONE COULD HAVE CAME UP WITH THESE FANTASY IDEAS!!!! IT'S NOT FFUCCKING ROCKET SCIENCE :mrgreen:

Starting Lineup
Posts: 693
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:43 pm
It would be a good trade for us, but going that route, I'd prefer trading for Drew Gooden. who is also being dangled.
War Years
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21379
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:44 pm
Kings won't do it for the following reasons - MWilliams is unused here and our team has no real PGS, showing that he is no good, why would they take a chance. MWilliams has been called out of shape and lazy by Nelson, not good reviews by the coach. Maggette is not needed there, they have Salmons (who is having a great career year) and Garcia, to go with Martin.

Good to get Miller though, his passing and shooting, as well as good rebounding, would fit well here but that also means less minutes (even more) for BWright
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:34 pm
I agree with everything migya said there would be no reason for the kings to trade for a injury prone small forward with a huge contract when Salmons is cheaper and dropping 19 points a game.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:35 am
migya wrote:Kings won't do it for the following reasons - MWilliams is unused here and our team has no real PGS, showing that he is no good, why would they take a chance. MWilliams has been called out of shape and lazy by Nelson, not good reviews by the coach. Maggette is not needed there, they have Salmons (who is having a great career year) and Garcia, to go with Martin.

Good to get Miller though, his passing and shooting, as well as good rebounding, would fit well here but that also means less minutes (even more) for BWright


i disagree. williams is unused but if the kings had any kind of scouting report on him they would see that he is a good passer and their point guard situation sucks too. beno has fallen off this year and its only a matter of time before bobby jackson or brown take his place in the starting lineup. marcus williams can go over there and do really well as long as he doesnt try to be a scorer (which is possible with martin and salmons there....and maggs if involved in this trade). maggs isnt needed there but to have maggs and garcia coming off the bench would be like not missing a beat when martin and salmons sit down.

the reason i cant see sac making this trade is because of maggs contract. 5 years at his pay to go along with martin's contract would mean that they wouldnt be able to keep salmons or lock up the extensions for hawes and thompson in a couple years. plus, beno's extension has thus far proven to be all for nothing
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21379
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:04 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:Kings won't do it for the following reasons - MWilliams is unused here and our team has no real PGS, showing that he is no good, why would they take a chance. MWilliams has been called out of shape and lazy by Nelson, not good reviews by the coach. Maggette is not needed there, they have Salmons (who is having a great career year) and Garcia, to go with Martin.

Good to get Miller though, his passing and shooting, as well as good rebounding, would fit well here but that also means less minutes (even more) for BWright


i disagree. williams is unused but if the kings had any kind of scouting report on him they would see that he is a good passer and their point guard situation sucks too. beno has fallen off this year and its only a matter of time before bobby jackson or brown take his place in the starting lineup. marcus williams can go over there and do really well as long as he doesnt try to be a scorer (which is possible with martin and salmons there....and maggs if involved in this trade). maggs isnt needed there but to have maggs and garcia coming off the bench would be like not missing a beat when martin and salmons sit down.

the reason i cant see sac making this trade is because of maggs contract. 5 years at his pay to go along with martin's contract would mean that they wouldnt be able to keep salmons or lock up the extensions for hawes and thompson in a couple years. plus, beno's extension has thus far proven to be all for nothing



Imagine if you were a coach of another team and you looked at the Warriors' lack of PG quality and you saw MWilliams not even play, with guys like Watson ahead of him. You wouldn't be thinking that this guy can be your solution at PG and you wouldn't risk trading a very productive Center that you have for that PG and a guy that gets paid 10 million a year and never wins
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:40 pm
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:Kings won't do it for the following reasons - MWilliams is unused here and our team has no real PGS, showing that he is no good, why would they take a chance. MWilliams has been called out of shape and lazy by Nelson, not good reviews by the coach. Maggette is not needed there, they have Salmons (who is having a great career year) and Garcia, to go with Martin.

Good to get Miller though, his passing and shooting, as well as good rebounding, would fit well here but that also means less minutes (even more) for BWright


i disagree. williams is unused but if the kings had any kind of scouting report on him they would see that he is a good passer and their point guard situation sucks too. beno has fallen off this year and its only a matter of time before bobby jackson or brown take his place in the starting lineup. marcus williams can go over there and do really well as long as he doesnt try to be a scorer (which is possible with martin and salmons there....and maggs if involved in this trade). maggs isnt needed there but to have maggs and garcia coming off the bench would be like not missing a beat when martin and salmons sit down.

the reason i cant see sac making this trade is because of maggs contract. 5 years at his pay to go along with martin's contract would mean that they wouldnt be able to keep salmons or lock up the extensions for hawes and thompson in a couple years. plus, beno's extension has thus far proven to be all for nothing



Imagine if you were a coach of another team and you looked at the Warriors' lack of PG quality and you saw MWilliams not even play, with guys like Watson ahead of him. You wouldn't be thinking that this guy can be your solution at PG and you wouldn't risk trading a very productive Center that you have for that PG and a guy that gets paid 10 million a year and never wins


when you're looking to make a trade, you look at the individual player's talent and what the player can do for you, not the team's situation. i definitely see what you're saying, but that cant be the basis of whether or not you make a trade. if that were the case, then we never would have gotten jax and harrington for murphy and dunleavy. everyone in the league could see that we were thin as far as big men and murphy had never been part of a winning team, yet the pacers still made the trade. we also never would have gotten baron for speedy claxton and dale davis. im not saying speedy has incredible talent, but his contract and dale davis' contract were valueable to them.

another thing (as a coach), you see watson playing ahead of williams, but you should also see that watson has really improved. of course he's not on the level of kidd, paul, williams, or even rondo....but being that its only his 2nd year in the league and he is playing as well as he is, it's intriguing. so maybe williams' defense, rebounding, or shooting isnt up to par with the other PGs on the team...if what you're looking for is passing, and a good assist:turnover ratio, then why wouldnt you look at williams?

i mentioned why i dont believe this trade would go down, and it had nothing to do with williams.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest