San Jose Sharks

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:36 pm
Viz wrote:
Linc Mob wrote:Viz, I feel you.

The Sharks have been my saving grace in regards to sports the last few months. :D
I've been quiet on the Warriors thus far this year since I haven't seen a lot of their games and the ones I have were straight depressing. :(

Sharks play tonight at 4:00 PM Pacific against Columbus. Game is listed as viewable on NHL Center Ice. However last game against the Kings was available on Yahoo live, so I'm hoping the same for tonights game.

Game against the Red Wings is in Det. 4:30 PM start on CSN. Doesn't list as being on HD though.
the only good news on espn are the sharks. just want to watch the sharks keep rolling... too bad there isnt as many sharks fans on here but then again this is a warriors forum hahah... at least some of us can go to this thread and talk about a great team. Ill have my bag of popcorn ready for thursday's big game

I'm just happy people are talking sharks. I thought for sure this thread would be dead by now. thanks guys.

I'm hoping for a lopsided win tonight so the boys can be rested for tomorrow night. Interesting quote by McLellan, basically he noted that the Wings were tired and hurt going into the tank last time. This time, the sharks are going to be playing their 3rd game in 4 nights and are a little banged up. it's gonna be a great test for this team.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:09 pm
as barbieri would say "go sharks"
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:34 pm
On the subject of EPSN, whom I disdain, did you see the Sharks were the 2nd story right after MNF highlights Tuesday morning? Normally that slot is filled with Patriot/Yankee/Red Sox/Cowboy/Celtic news.

Happy to see them jump on the bandwagon for what might be an historic season.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:42 pm
Tough loss last night, but at least it was an OTL. I didn't see the game, but reviewing the box score I saw Columbus tied it with about 7:30 left. :cry:

Another 5 minutes or so, they would have had to go empty net. :banghead:

If they can get a win tonight that will be 5 out of 6 points for the 3 game road trip.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:22 pm
damn we got murdered... 0-6 detroit really got us this game. damn hard pill to swallow
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 pm
Can't win 'em all. Guess ESPN jinxed us when they put us in their top stories!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:48 am
Game was brutal.

3rd game in 4 days but they looked strong until Nabby gave them a couple gifts. After that Detroit had all the momentum.

Nabby's loooking a little weak thus far. I'd rather him go a through a spell likes this now as opposed to later. Long season with nothing really mattering until the playoffs.

I'd like to see them set the regular seson points record as long as they don't pull a Patriot to do it.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:40 pm
xbay wrote:Can't win 'em all. Guess ESPN jinxed us when they put us in their top stories!

u said that right... its like, if we make the first 10 minutes of sportcenter, we're gonna lose.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:14 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:Can't win 'em all. Guess ESPN jinxed us when they put us in their top stories!

u said that right... its like, if we make the first 10 minutes of sportcenter, we're gonna lose.

I was worried when the Columbus game went OT... 3 games in 4 nights. on the road with an OT game right before the big one. 6-0 though, OUCH!
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:40 pm
No chatter for a while. Figured I'd see what's up.

Announcers last night brought up 2 points that I'd been yelling at the TV for the past couple weeks.

Way too many turnovers in our defensive and neutral zones. Odd man breaks have been rampant of late. Nabby has been making save after save in these instances but it's beginning to get old. Last nights game was an improvement, but they still gave it up at least 5 times.

Nabby has been making the spectacular saves but has been giving up the soft goals. I'm not going to get on Nabby's case because we know he's going to come around but it has been annoying.

Anyway's great game last night, Nabby was awesome. One fluke goal (I was going nuts when Semenov batted it in), penalty kill was great including a minute long 5 on 3, and the power play started to get some legit opportunities. :) :D
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:52 pm
The Sharks are having an amazing year. I keep trying to watch, but have not been able to get into it. I can watch for 10-20 minutes at a time or so....but I think there may be too much of the game that I dont understand. I believe that I need to go to a Sharks game. Most of the people I know that are into Hockey got hooked because of attending games live.

Its a great sport, I just wish I could appreciate it more.

Go Sharks!!
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:02 pm
"Always" Next wrote:The Sharks are having an amazing year. I keep trying to watch, but have not been able to get into it. I can watch for 10-20 minutes at a time or so....but I think there may be too much of the game that I dont understand. I believe that I need to go to a Sharks game. Most of the people I know that are into Hockey got hooked because of attending games live.

Go Sharks!!

I didn't grow up with ice hockey and couldn't understand it initially either.

Funny thing is I learned the rules from EA Sports NHL Hockey back in '93. Who says video games are useless? :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:06 pm
Claude Lemiuex was officially signed. The Sharks now have the option to call him up if they need him or not.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:21 pm
Linc Mob wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:The Sharks are having an amazing year. I keep trying to watch, but have not been able to get into it. I can watch for 10-20 minutes at a time or so....but I think there may be too much of the game that I dont understand. I believe that I need to go to a Sharks game. Most of the people I know that are into Hockey got hooked because of attending games live.

Go Sharks!!

Funny thing is I learned the rules from EA Sports NHL Hockey back in '93. Who says video games are useless? :mrgreen:

I used to play the hockey games on Genesis....but I always turned the rules I didnt understand off
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:13 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Linc Mob wrote:

Go Sharks!!

I used to play the hockey games on Genesis....but I always turned the rules I didnt understand off

i used to turn them off back then too. I didn't get icing and offsides for the longest time. Now i get it and it makes sense. NHL 09 is the **** by the way.

As for the sharks, there seems to be a bit of a lull with them now. But you know every team goes through it. Most teams, it turns out to be a losing streak, but it seems the sharks are able to pull games out or at least get into overtime. I hope they break these bad habits soon. You don't want to have to rely on Nabby all the time. Cheech is starting to score more and thats a good sign. If he starts getting hot, the line with him, clowe and pavs will be amazing to go with the top line.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board