Best gift ever

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:32 pm
After watching one of those Lexus' commercials for the the 1000th time it got me thinking, "What was the best gift I ever received?".

For those of you who haven't seen one of the commercials, they go from a child recieving a Christmas gift and talking about how great it was then fast forwarding to a brand new Lexus in the driveway as an adult.

A little late for Christmas, but I figured it could apply to Hannukah, Kwanza, B-day or whatever floats your boat. I would like it stay along the lines of when you were younger. Obviously if my wife bought me a car on $$$ alone it would out do gifts I recieved as a kid. Striving for the "WOW" feeling you got as a kid.

For me it was probably a Christmas when I was 11 yrs old. One of my uncles got me an authentic SF Giants road jersey with my name/number on the back. I had a couple replicas over the years but this was my first authentic. I treasured that jersey for as long as it fit and still have it to this day.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:04 pm
when i turned 12, my parents got me a basketball hoop for the driveway. I wore that bad boy out. I used to go out everyday and basically have one on one games by myself or i'd have games with my brother and cousins. I was the first one on my street to have one, and there were times we'd come home and have a driveway full of neighborhood kids playing. I used to tell them to leave, but my dad told me not to be a jerk. So i let them play and i tore em up :mrgreen: . It's funny, i drive by that old house and it's still there in the driveway.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:04 pm
ugh those car commercials are stupid and annoying. Not as bad as the jewlery ones though... "he went to jared"... or "every kiss begins with kay".

as for best present. One year i got roller blades, hockey sticks, these portable hockey nets, and other stuff hockey related (helmet, pads). At first i was like WTF is this. I never watched a hockey game. Never ever roller bladed. Though this was a joke. But once i learned and played it with the neighborhood kids, it was addicting and SO MUCH FUN. I played it for years That present got me to love playing hockey and watching it.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:12 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:ugh those car commercials are stupid and annoying. Not as bad as the jewlery ones though... "he went to jared"... or "every kiss begins with kay".

Is it just me or does that Jane Seymore Open Heart collection look more like flying butt cheeks or cleavage than hearts?

RobDIKUM wrote:I was the first one on my street to have one, and there were times we'd come home and have a driveway full of neighborhood kids playing. I used to tell them to leave, but my dad told me not to be a jerk. So i let them play and i tore em up . It's funny, i drive by that old house and it's still there in the driveway.

Kids you didn't know just rolling up like they owned the place? I would have told them bounce too.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:12 pm
TOTALLY AGREE about the Jared commercials. They are by far the worst commercials on television, and every time someone says "he went to Jared!" in that stupid tone, it makes me want to throw the remote at the TV.

And as for best Christmas present ever, hmm... probably gotta be the new bike I got when I was a kid. Also, the throwback Jackson jersey I got last year was pretty cool.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:25 pm
Linc Mob wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:ugh those car commercials are stupid and annoying. Not as bad as the jewlery ones though... "he went to jared"... or "every kiss begins with kay".

Is it just me or does that Jane Seymore Open Heart collection look more like flying butt cheeks or cleavage than hearts?

RobDIKUM wrote:I was the first one on my street to have one, and there were times we'd come home and have a driveway full of neighborhood kids playing. I used to tell them to leave, but my dad told me not to be a jerk. So i let them play and i tore em up . It's funny, i drive by that old house and it's still there in the driveway.

Kids you didn't know just rolling up like they owned the place? I would have told them bounce too.

yeah, it was really weird at first. Then after i decided to just play them whenever they came over, they stopped coming. I used to play everyday, so i knew my court and i knew how to work the homecourt advantage. Its funny cuz the driveway was sloped down and the hoop and pole were cemented into the ground. So it was awkward at times. I remember some old lady yellin at me from across the street cuz i was out late in the winter. She kept telling me to go inside.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:33 pm
Linc Mob wrote:

Is it just me, or is Jane Seymour hella hot for a 57 year old. I remember her in Wedding Crashers a couple years back i was like damn. And even in those funny open heart design she made (or didnt), she's pretty hot.. and at 57. I think A-Rod is banking his girl Madonna follows that path. She's now 50.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:48 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Linc Mob wrote:

Is it just me, or is Jane Seymour hella hot for a 57 year old. I remember her in Wedding Crashers a couple years back i was like damn. And even in those funny open heart design she made (or didnt), she's pretty hot.. and at 57. I think A-Rod is banking his girl Madonna follows that path. She's now 50.

Jane Seymour is smokin'. At least after getting dolled up Hollywood style. Not so sure how she might look if you ran into here at Safeway.

Nevertheless...JS at 57 > Madonna 1984

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:03 pm
Linc Mob wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Linc Mob wrote:

Jane Seymour is smokin'. At least after getting dolled up Hollywood style. Not so sure how she might look if you ran into here at Safeway.

Nevertheless...JS at 57 > Madonna 1984

yeah... i agree. Seymour is totally different looking in Hollywood settings.

As for madonna, ugh... A-Rod should just buy (..."date"...) a Brazilian model like all the other big time athletes do. I heard Gigele Buncheun (spelling) has a lot of sisters :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:13 pm
I hate those Lexus commercials....any dude that would feel the same way about a vanilla ass sedan as he did about his first atari, or bigwheel or bike or power wheel or anything like that is a mo. my best gift ever came from my old next door neighbor, he was a champion archer and one winter he was away most of the winter so for taking care of his yard and house he gave my brother and I our very own bows and shooting lessons for Christmas. At 6, I could be sitting on the back of a moving 3 wheeler in the vineyard and hit a running rabbit.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:28 pm
my first bj... lol... ill never forget it
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:32 pm
8th ave wrote:my first bj... lol... ill never forget it

hey 8th, speaking of ladies, have you heard that Candace Parker got knocked up a couple days ago?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:42 pm
first off wrote:

hey 8th, speaking of ladies, have you heard that Candace Parker got knocked up a couple days ago?

2 quick notes for u fellas

A. 8th... i know sharing is caring and all, but this is an exception to the rule... ps, just a bj being a best gift... dont worry, it'll get better buddy

B. And First off, umm im pretty sure she's been knocked up longer than 2 days... if the baby is expected in late Spring... then that means she's about 5-6 months pregnant... unless she's a freak and can have a baby in 4/5 months (hey, who knows?)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:53 pm

:mrgreen:

I won't forget my first one either. Took me longer to blow than I thought I would

migya make the ring fall on ya

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:59 pm
migya wrote:

:mrgreen:

I won't forget my first one either. Took me longer to blow than I thought I would

Were u the one blowing?... was this on your experimenting years (or as bigs/TMC call, daily business)?

Sorry to offend anyone... im in a incredibly joking mood today, which leads me to highly offensive behavior... take the dissing as a sign of honor, not hatred.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum