Seattle Seahawks Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:04 pm
Thanks Bada and Thanks JOEL...

Great to see the air cleared.

My bad for posting the photo in BADAS thread, Me and JOEL were just so happy Raiders won and we had to show you we are not as stupid and uncordinated organization as the 4-11 record suggests.

I guess one omen i can take away from this week is the Raiders will beat the BUCS on Sunday... For 16 long and constant weeks all the dilemas, issues and catfights have been in the Raider Nation thread... now to see the Seahawks thread have days upon days of bickering and accusations :agrue: only means the Seahawks are headed for a loss this weekend

8)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:11 pm
just to clear the air, I had ZERO issue with you posting the picture in this thread. I thought it was funny. I tried to be funny back and then I got hammered. I dont mind trash talking about my Hawks... they were terrible this year... I will defend them when I can and that might include coming back at the Raiders... just know that I will not come back at your personally but rather the team... although maybe a bit more gingerly next time. :)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:27 pm
bada wrote:just to clear the air, I had ZERO issue with you posting the picture in this thread. I thought it was funny. I tried to be funny back and then I got hammered. I dont mind trash talking about my Hawks... they were terrible this year... I will defend them when I can and that might include coming back at the Raiders... just know that I will not come back at your personally but rather the team... although maybe a bit more gingerly next time. :)

Dude like i said... I'm so over personal attacks on you.

The reason your public enemy no.1 on the raiderhater hitlist is your such a intelligent poster.... i mean what seperates you from xbay and TMC is you know what your talking about.

TMC will write

I HATE RAIDERS :bday: LOL... Gotta bounce i have cyber session with BIGS.

XBAY will write.

NINERS RULE... **** DA RAIDERS.

But with you... it seems like personal cause your killing us with Statistics or blackspots in the Raiders history i mean.. you speak the truth and a lot of the time it hurts.

You keep me sharp however :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:54 pm
good stuff bro. Glad we have moved past that!

Was a bad year for both of us. Looking very much forward to getting past this last game and start talking about the draft. Been awhile since Hawks had a top 10 pick.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:00 pm
Classy thing to do on the players part:

It was quite the memorable sendoff for Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren. At the end of practice, wide receiver Bobby Engram stood up in front of the team to give a speech for the departing coach. After a few words, the back door of the field came open and Mike Wahle came riding in on a souped-up Harley, a 2009 Screaming Eagle with all the bells and whistles.

Holmgren took a lap around the field, then took pictures on the bike with each unit on the team, the coaching staff, as well as the front office staff and some of his personal staff.

"I had no idea," Holmgren said. "They told me Bobby Engram wanted to talk to the team at the end of practice. I thought it was going to be a pep talk. I didn't know it was going to be this. This is really something. The players and coaches all chipped in, and I know how much those things cost. It is really nice. It is a nice Christmas present."

Bobby Engram would not disclose exactly how the team came to the decision to buy Holmgren a Harley, but he said they basically wanted to give him something that was a lasting memory. "What do you get for the guy who seems to have everything?" Engram said.

He said they chose Mike Wahle to ride it in because it had to be someebody who wasn't practicing, who had motorcycle riding experience and who was big enough to hold it up. Wahle apparently was the right choice.

Engram said the gift is a commentary on what Holmgren has meant for the organization and individual players. Engram said he has learned a great deal from Holmgren, not just about football but about life. And more than anything, the fact that the team still has this attitude during a 4-11 season speaks volumes about Holmgren as a coach and as a person.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:08 pm
bada wrote:Classy thing to do on the players part:

It was quite the memorable sendoff for Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren. At the end of practice, wide receiver Bobby Engram stood up in front of the team to give a speech for the departing coach. After a few words, the back door of the field came open and Mike Wahle came riding in on a souped-up Harley, a 2009 Screaming Eagle with all the bells and whistles.

Holmgren took a lap around the field, then took pictures on the bike with each unit on the team, the coaching staff, as well as the front office staff and some of his personal staff.

"I had no idea," Holmgren said. "They told me Bobby Engram wanted to talk to the team at the end of practice. I thought it was going to be a pep talk. I didn't know it was going to be this. This is really something. The players and coaches all chipped in, and I know how much those things cost. It is really nice. It is a nice Christmas present."

Bobby Engram would not disclose exactly how the team came to the decision to buy Holmgren a Harley, but he said they basically wanted to give him something that was a lasting memory. "What do you get for the guy who seems to have everything?" Engram said.

He said they chose Mike Wahle to ride it in because it had to be someebody who wasn't practicing, who had motorcycle riding experience and who was big enough to hold it up. Wahle apparently was the right choice.

Engram said the gift is a commentary on what Holmgren has meant for the organization and individual players. Engram said he has learned a great deal from Holmgren, not just about football but about life. And more than anything, the fact that the team still has this attitude during a 4-11 season speaks volumes about Holmgren as a coach and as a person.

wow, thats very cool. Engram is a class act. and Holgram seems to have been a very likable coach that gets respect from all his players. Maybe not Jeremy Stevens, but mostly everyone else. U gonna miss him bada? or u looking forward to the overrated Mora jr.?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:14 pm
Actually very untrue about Stevens. Holmgren was very loyal to him and tried desperately trying to help him. Invited him into his home and everything. Stevens just could not escape his demons.

Anyway, yes, I am looking forward to a change. Holmgren is the most successful coach in franchise history and brought respectability to the franchise but after 10 years it is time for a change.

Not only a new voice but also a new style. I am burnt out of how conservative Holmgren is. I can WITHOUT FAIL predict 9 out of 10 plays based on the formation. If I can do that, imagine what defensive coordinations can and DO do to them. He also doesn't let his players go out and have fun. If they show any enthusiasm, he yells at them. I equate it to playing for you dad.

But he did great things for the franchise and wish him nothing be the best.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:30 pm
bada wrote:Actually very untrue about Stevens. Holmgren was very loyal to him and tried desperately trying to help him. Invited him into his home and everything. Stevens just could not escape his demons.

Anyway, yes, I am looking forward to a change. Holmgren is the most successful coach in franchise history and brought respectability to the franchise but after 10 years it is time for a change.

Not only a new voice but also a new style. I am burnt out of how conservative Holmgren is. I can WITHOUT FAIL predict 9 out of 10 plays based on the formation. If I can do that, imagine what defensive coordinations can and DO do to them. He also doesn't let his players go out and have fun. If they show any enthusiasm, he yells at them. I equate it to playing for you dad.

But he did great things for the franchise and wish him nothing be the best.

oh no no, i wasn't shooting Holgram for being unfair to Stevens, i was implying Stevens as the culprit. Wow, and i didn't even know about the whole inviting stevens to his home thing... you don't see too many coaches go above and beyond trying to help the cancers of the team.

I do agree with u the Seahawks need a change, but is Mora really the answer? I think they should of keep Zorn... and pulled a future coach thing with him instead. I mean his team is seattle.

You think seattle should draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd rounds.... I do. Hasselback is getting up there in age (gonna be 34 by next season's start). A young QB who can learn from him can be benefit in itself. Come to think of it, Seattle should probably address the million other needs besides QB. First, a new doctor and trainer.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:55 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:You think seattle should draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd rounds.... I do. Hasselback is getting up there in age (gonna be 34 by next season's start). A young QB who can learn from him can be benefit in itself. Come to think of it, Seattle should probably address the million other needs besides QB. First, a new doctor and trainer.

Certainly QB is becoming an issue. Hass's back issue could be cronic although the team seems confident the issues are behind him.

Part of what is difficult in projecting draft needs is the coaching turnover. I assume Mora will be keeping the West Coast offense or at least a version of it, but what are they doing on the defensive side?

I think the defense has enough talent. They need a better DC there to take advantage of their talent.

I want them to focus on offense this season. They REALLY need a playmaker on offense and the guy I want the most if WR Crabtree who I have been following for awhile now. Really like the guy alot. He is good as I have seen in awhile getting out of his break.

If not Crabtree, I would like to see one of the offensive lineman or QB Sam Bradford. Not that the Hawks would have a chance on Stafford but I think Bradford is a better fit for them anyway. Extrememely accurate passer which is a much in WCO.

If they went defense, corner is a need. LB might become a need if they cant resign Leroy Hill.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:23 pm
bada wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:You think seattle should draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd rounds.... I do. Hasselback is getting up there in age (gonna be 34 by next season's start). A young QB who can learn from him can be benefit in itself. Come to think of it, Seattle should probably address the million other needs besides QB. First, a new doctor and trainer.

Certainly QB is becoming an issue. Hass's back issue could be cronic although the team seems confident the issues are behind him.

Part of what is difficult in projecting draft needs is the coaching turnover. I assume Mora will be keeping the West Coast offense or at least a version of it, but what are they doing on the defensive side?

I think the defense has enough talent. They need a better DC there to take advantage of their talent.

I want them to focus on offense this season. They REALLY need a playmaker on offense and the guy I want the most if WR Crabtree who I have been following for awhile now. Really like the guy alot. He is good as I have seen in awhile getting out of his break.

If not Crabtree, I would like to see one of the offensive lineman or QB Sam Bradford. Not that the Hawks would have a chance on Stafford but I think Bradford is a better fit for them anyway. Extrememely accurate passer which is a much in WCO.

If they went defense, corner is a need. LB might become a need if they cant resign Leroy Hill.

Crabtree is a excellent Wide Receiver... he has all the abilities except one. his big, strong, amazing hands and extremely dedicated athlete... i just don't see him having that top speed that your Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Calvin Johnsons have. He may have trouble getting seperation from the top Cornerbacks in the league (like your Asomugha and Champ Baileys)

If his available when the Raiders pick... AL D certainly won't hesitate.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:49 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Crabtree is a excellent Wide Receiver... he has all the abilities except one. his big, strong, amazing hands and extremely dedicated athlete... i just don't see him having that top speed that your Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Calvin Johnsons have. He may have trouble getting seperation from the top Cornerbacks in the league (like your Asomugha and Champ Baileys)

If his available when the Raiders pick... AL D certainly won't hesitate.

I dont believe he will Pawno. While he is not possess track type speed, he is quick but the main thing is his ability to literally EXPLODE out of a break. Other than your simple go route nothing creates separation like getting out of your break. He does it as good as anyone I have seen in a long time.

He creates incredible separation by doing this. Once he gets the corner to turn his hips, ball game over. I think he will still end up being a pretty good deep man, but he will EXCEL everywhere else. Maybe not as a rookie, but in year 3, he will be a top 10 guy I think
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:47 pm
appears the seahawks will have either the 5th or 6th pick thanks to the Raiders and Cinci winning today. I am hoping for 5th as I think Crabtree will be right there at that pick
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:52 pm
Actually, if I'm not correct, you also could have the 4th pick since you'd be tied at 4-12 with the Browns. But I think their schedule is stronger, so the 'Hawks should get the 5th pick. Either way, it's probably going to be Michael Crabtree. I've seen many, many mock drafts with Crabtree going to Seattle along with many Seahawks boards saying they want Michael and some of my friends predicting he'll be catching passes from Hass next season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:55 pm
ah, you are right. I miscounted
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:11 pm
Just saw it in print. Hawks will pick 4th

Return to Sports Board