jax for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:34 am
times are bad. any way you look at it, the Warriors franchise is not looking good....

What would cheer up the GstW.com poster during a time like this? Hating on one of First Off's new trade ideas (or supporting it!)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=682~3025~378~3277&teams=9~9~22~22&te=&cash=

Joel Pryzbilla and sergio Rodriguez

for

Stephen Jackson and CJ Watson

- Gets a real SF starter who can do everything except rebound. he has an upside (if he gets in the right environ. he can be more productive type) since he's made it clear he's not happy here.

- Batum is not ready, Webster is almost a bust, and Outlaw seems to be their azubuike... great back up, but not serious starter material. Jax brings Offense, Defense and Experience to their young roster.

- I personally like CJ, but he's not a point guard, he's a short SG that isn't aggressive enough to make the 2 spot in the NBA (at least right now).
- With CJ's numbers this year (steals, rebounds, AND points), he will probably sweeten the deal more than anything.

- Rodriguez is an actual PG not just another SG trying to convert. We have Monta, Caw'd, DeMarcus and beli already remember.

- Joel Pryzbilla is great back-up (and made an OK starter last year). guy would seriously help our rebounding woes (7'1" and just pulled in 19 boards last game). They have greg Oden, LaFrenz for one more year, and a rookie (randolph) and Aldridge and Frye. They are fairly deep in the PF/C positions without him. what we loose in scoring ability we gain in rebounding ability and God knows that is what we need right now.

- Obviously with Crawford, Monta, and Maggs, and Jax, something's got to give. I say jax for another big man is a good move. Turiaf and AB can spend time on the floor together with out the worry of foul trouble.

good/bad?

PS I don't know what happened to Raef though... just checked the blazer roster and he's not on it. Although he is on the depth charts and payroll... I suppose he's injured reserve?
Last edited by first off on Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:56 am
Portland won't go for it and neither would we. Outlaw is good enough at SF for them right now, they are not in any need there just yet. They need Pryzbilla alot right now as he delivers and Oden does not

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:55 pm
i like your trade... don't know if it will happen or not but it benefits both teams in my opinion...

here are a few ideas...

jackson to the raptors for bargnani and graham?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

jackson + williams to the bulls for hinrich and a draft pick?

jackson to the nets for swift and a draft pick?

jackson + nelson to the bobcats for felton + hollins + brown?

Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:56 pm
700 posts for first off... 655 of them on trade proposals.... 644 of the 655 are bad proposals. Of those good 11, Mullin, Rowell, and Nelly wont do. :banghead:

In all seriousness, I actually think you've vastly improved on your proposals. Like their usually pretty even now. But I like jackson, and I consider him a "real" SF/SG. I would much rather us get rid of Maggs for a PF or PG or a pick or something. Maybe crawford too, after Monta is back that is. But nevertheless these are good trade ideas that most would agree with, just not me :mrgreen: .

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:17 pm
Portland is in too good of a position to take on a player like S-Jax. I think they'd rather wait for the absolute best deal possible.

however, if we're trading Jax..

Laker fans are surprisingly high on Jackson. They like his 3 pt. shooting, defense, and toughness/leadership.

Jackson for Farmar and Radmonovic

who cares if Famar just had knee surgery. :forthosewhothinkyoung:
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:43 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:700 posts for first off... 655 of them on trade proposals.... 644 of the 655 are bad proposals

Making friends comes easy to you, I see... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:14 pm
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:700 posts for first off... 655 of them on trade proposals.... 644 of the 655 are bad proposals

Whats this word FRIENDS you talk about???
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:22 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
TMC wrote:

Whats this word FRIENDS you talk about???

I'm not sure. I heard it to Bigs for the first time. You better ask him. :wink:

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:42 pm
TMC wrote:

haha not the first time you've said this to me TMC... Don't worry, I'm not gonna get cyber jumped... I wouldn't say a "joke" or a comment like this per say to everyone on this board. Cuz some people will take a comment like this seriously. First Off is pretty chill and laughably accepted his "trade proposals" as a bit of a reach. At least the ones in the summer that is.

Plus he is a fan of The Office so insults to him are a must. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:47 pm
first off, any of the teams we've beat this year can't be that good!

second,
woah crackerz, let's be real here... out of my 700 post (woot 700), maybe 400 of them are shiity trade proposals. :mrgreen:

third,
the only thing that might make this work would be to throw in a low 2nd round draft pick.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:59 pm
fine wrote:Portland is in too good of a position to take on a player like S-Jax. I think they'd rather wait for the absolute best deal possible.

however, if we're trading Jax..

Laker fans are surprisingly high on Jackson. They like his 3 pt. shooting, defense, and toughness/leadership.

Jackson for Farmar and Radmonovic

who cares if Famar just had knee surgery. :forthosewhothinkyoung:

a couple questions...

how are you so sure laker fans like jackson? ive read a lakers board and most of their fans think jackson is a gangster and dont want anything to do with him.

second question, farmar and vlad rad? that's like making a trade for the sake of trading. while i like farmar's heart and potential, vlad isnt worth taking on with a 6 million dollar contract extending thru 2011. vlad is a poor man's al harrington, and that doesnt help his case in any way. im sure we can find better. id love to have ariza, but im sure the lakers will keep him, and im not sure who else would be involved in the package.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:31 pm
The only thing we could do with the lakers that'd I'd approve of, is trading Jax AND Mags for odom's expiring contract. but even I know that doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell!

we'd never get Bargarni for jax... I'd love it, but also not going to happen. I don't think mags for barg is worth it or realistic.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:10 pm
Why is everyone tryin to get rid of Jack?? i know times are tough right now but we are just a major piece away... Did everyone forget jack hit all those clutch 3s? without jack We would be nothing. this team just needs to get healthy... :agrue:
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:27 am
Mj wrote:Why is everyone tryin to get rid of Jack?? i know times are tough right now but we are just a major piece away... Did everyone forget jack hit all those clutch 3s? without jack We would be nothing. this team just needs to get healthy... :agrue:

:D

i hear you... but i would heavily consider trading jackson for an expiring contract.
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:57 am
Mr.KC wrote:
Mj wrote:Why is everyone tryin to get rid of Jack?? i know times are tough right now but we are just a major piece away... Did everyone forget jack hit all those clutch 3s? without jack We would be nothing. this team just needs to get healthy... :agrue:

:D

i hear you... but i would heavily consider trading jackson for an expiring contract.

because he's 30 now, and I only see him getting worse in the next 5 years that we own him. Look at his PER, it's BELOW AVG. look at his 3pt% it's average. if you go to espn right now there is a vid with hollinger talking about how he is one of the most over-rated guys IN THE LEAGUE!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Next

Return to Trades