Paging all Aussies - Esp. in Sydney

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:33 am
G'Day mates - my son is going down to Sydney with his Mom. Since I know there are a bunch of Ws fans down under on this board, can you tell me this:

What is the best way to get online there? He wants to be able to stay in touch by skype and email...has wireless on his macbook.

Also, what is cool to do there other than the opera house? Recommends?

Thanks for the help!
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:56 am
I went to Sydney for the first time on a business trip at the end of October, but didn't do much in the form of entertainment. Others did go jet skiing and speed boating. Best thing is probably to check on the internet for entertainment in Sydney. Hopefully Pawno or Quazza can help you with that

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:11 am
migya wrote:I went to Sydney for the first time on a business trip at the end of October, but didn't do much in the form of entertainment. Others did go jet skiing and speed boating. Best thing is probably to check on the internet for entertainment in Sydney. Hopefully Pawno or Quazza can help you with that

Yeah, Colt................Id ask Quazza. :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:11 am
coltraning wrote:G'Day mates - my son is going down to Sydney with his Mom. Since I know there are a bunch of Ws fans down under on this board, can you tell me this:

What is the best way to get online there? He wants to be able to stay in touch by skype and email...has wireless on his macbook.

Thanks for the help!

Does your son like to drink???

Our drinking age is 18 and not 21... so he'll probably grow more hair on his chin because of that.

Sydney... eh! it's a nice ole town. After visiting the Bay Area last week i'd like to compare it to San Francisco (it's hilly, the inner city accomodation is built in)

It's Summer right now, So your son should def go check out the infamous Bondi Beach... there's a lot of posers down there. Chicks in Bikini and bodybuilders that oil there bodies up and walk around in Raybans... If the weather is perfect you'd easily get a couple of thousand people on a beach that stretches probably a mile at the most.

Gosh i can't really praise a lot about Sydney truthfully Coltraining... i imean it's a majestic ole picturesque town with one of the worlds truely great city skyline views, but otherwise it has a lot of traits i'm not too proud about.

There's no major crime issues... no one is going to pull a gun on your family at night...

Let me know Coltraining if your famz gets upto Brisbane or Queensland... i could show em around here if they want.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:37 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Our drinking age is 18 and not 21...

Ours is 12.

Well, actually, it's 18, but it's not like anybody cares. :wink:
Last edited by TMC on Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:05 am
If one is responsible enough to vote and serve in the armed forces, 18, then one should be able to drink alcohol... don't you think?

soz, back to Sidney recommendations for Colt's son....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:59 am
Jackattack wrote:If one is responsible enough to vote and serve in the armed forces, 18, then one should be able to drink alcohol... don't you think?

The other thing that reminds me of is the fact a person can get married buy a home raise a family at 18 ( or younger) but can't drink :roll:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:18 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
coltraning wrote:G'Day mates - my son is going down to Sydney with his Mom. Since I know there are a bunch of Ws fans down under on this board, can you tell me this:

Thanks for the help!

Does your son like to drink???

Our drinking age is 18 and not 21... so he'll probably grow more hair on This chin because of that.

Sydney... eh! it's a nice ole town. After visiting the Bay Area last week i'd like to compare it to San Francisco (it's hilly, the inner city accomodation is built in)

It's Summer right now, So your son should def go check out the infamous Bondi Beach... there's a lot of posers down there. Chicks in Bikini and bodybuilders that oil there bodies up and walk around in Raybans... If the weather is perfect you'd easily get a couple of thousand people on a beach that stretches probably a mile at the most.

Gosh i can't really praise a lot about Sydney truthfully Coltraining... i imean it's a majestic ole picturesque town with one of the worlds truely great city skyline views, but otherwise it has a lot of traits i'm not too proud about.

There's no major crime issues... no one is going to pull a gun on your family at night...

Let me know Coltraining if your famz gets upto Brisbane or Queensland... i could show em around here if they want.

Thanks. Pawno. My son is 16 and with his Mom, so not much chance of drinking. Does Australia have free wifi or internet cafes ala starbucks? I know he'd like to be able to IM his friends, etc...and stay in touch with me.

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:47 am
coltraning wrote:Thanks. Pawno. My son is 16 and with his Mom, so not much chance of drinking. Does Australia have free wifi or internet cafes ala starbucks? I know he'd like to be able to IM his friends, etc...and stay in touch with me.

I'd say it's impossible for Oz to not have wifi areas.

I mean, even we have them. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:01 am
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:Thanks. Pawno. My son is 16 and with his Mom, so not much chance of drinking. Does Australia have free wifi or internet cafes ala starbucks? I know he'd like to be able to IM his friends, etc...and stay in touch with me.

I am sure they do, to...wonder if there is a chain...

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:05 am
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:

I am sure they do, to...wonder if there is a chain...

Well, I guess most malls there will have one. At least the big ones. Your son shouldn't have trouble finding one.

Perhaps even the hotel may have it. Most of the new hotels already have wifi on their rooms, so there's a distinct possibility.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:36 pm
I mean McDonalds has wifi.... and there's talk they are rolling out all there stores to have free wifi (i don't know the date when they go live with that)

Please ask your family if they are going to make it up to Queensland???
(Are they visiting the Great Barrier Reef???)

Seriously it's so much better up here then Sydney.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:20 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:I mean McDonalds has wifi.... and there's talk they are rolling out all there stores to have free wifi (i don't know the date when they go live with that)

the question for you pawno is......does taco bell have wifi? :mrgreen:
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:23 pm
JOEL wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:I mean McDonalds has wifi.... and there's talk they are rolling out all there stores to have free wifi (i don't know the date when they go live with that)

Taco Bell is no place for surfing...

It's a eating place... if you got spare time in there, you should be in line ordering another round of Taco Steak Supremes.

:banghead: Damn man it's 927am in the morning already and you got me thinking bout my establishment.. your evil JOEL.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:48 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
JOEL wrote:

Taco Bell is no place for surfing...

It's a eating place... if you got spare time in there, you should be in line ordering another round of Taco Steak Supremes.

:banghead: Damn man it's 927am in the morning already and you got me thinking bout my establishment.. your evil JOEL.

The wife said ,as she was cleaning up your room , that she found 6 burrito supreme wrappers and 13 taco wrappers WTF pawno... :shock:
T.S. Eliot
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum