2009 Fantasy Football

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:20 pm
looks like , i have to rely my other league now...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:44 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Wow, considering Pierre Thomas is one of your starting RB's, I'm in for a tough one. Why? Because they're facing the Lions who can't stop the run at all. So Thomas may have a field day. C'mon, give the ball to Reggie! And complete passes as much as possible with Brees... to anyone other than Pierre! :mrgreen:

Oh, well, I also have Lance Moore on my starting roster. Are you sure you want Brees to have such a large role? :wink:

Brees to anyone but Thomas and Moore! :mrgreen:

Colston, Colston, Colston! Henderson, Henderson, Henderson! Bush, Bush, Bush! :mrgreen:

Haha... what happens?. You're not confident the Lions D will be able to stop them? :mrgreen:

I'm as confident in the Lions D to actually play defense as Nelson is as confident enough to play Brandan and Anthony on a nightly basis for 20+ minutes.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:25 pm
If I did the math correct, I'm up 77-40. You'll need Orton to have an insane game to win and not throw anything towards Greg Olson... if he does, he better only total less than 10 yards. Other than that... I think I've won. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:07 am
xbay wrote:If I did the math correct, I'm up 77-40. You'll need Orton to have an insane game to win and not throw anything towards Greg Olson... if he does, he better only total less than 10 yards. Other than that... I think I've won. :mrgreen:

Yep... I was right with the congrats in advance thing. My f*cking WRs let me down big time, with only Calving having a half-decent game.

It'd be the third miracle in a row if I win so... I better don't count on it.

Which is not to say I give up, of course. You better wait til after the Bears game to celebrate the championship, bro.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:01 am
:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

Congrats TMC, for making a championship appearance and potentially pulling off the Cinderella story. Unfortunately, that did not happen for you.

Thank you to all who participated in this years NFL Fantasy league, and I hope to see you next year in our more expanded league. Check back for details once training camp 2009 starts up. Final standings 1-5...

1. xbay
2. TMC
3. GSW
4. Bada
5. E-Man

Once again, thanks for participating and I hope to see you again next season.

xbay
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:43 am
xbay wrote::drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

Congrats TMC, for making a championship appearance and potentially pulling off the Cinderella story. Unfortunately, that did not happen for you.

Congrats once again, XBay. You certainly deserved your win this week. :D

xbay wrote:Thank you to all who participated in this years NFL Fantasy league, and I hope to see you next year in our more expanded league. Check back for details once training camp 2009 starts up. Final standings 1-5...

1. xbay
2. TMC
3. GSW
4. Bada
5. E-Man

xbay

We have to do two things for next year: include defensive players instead of just a team D and have a draft in the board before we start the season.

I'm open to more changes, but those two are the main ones I have in mind right now.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:34 pm
TMC wrote:

xbay wrote:Thank you to all who participated in this years NFL Fantasy league, and I hope to see you next year in our more expanded league. Check back for details once training camp 2009 starts up. Final standings 1-5...

1. xbay
2. TMC
3. GSW
4. Bada
5. E-Man

xbay

We have to do two things for next year: include defensive players instead of just a team D and have a draft in the board before we start the season.

I'm open to more changes, but those two are the main ones I have in mind right now.

BOO to the bolded part!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:34 pm
oh, and congrats Xbay... well deserved!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:36 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

1. xbay
2. TMC
3. GSW
4. Bada
5. E-Man

xbay

BOO to the bolded part!!!

Hey, we cannot agree on everything, Bada.

But really, I like having defensive players, although the scoring system for those defensive players it's open to debate.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:55 pm
I think we have had this conversation in the past but it just feels "gimicky" much like Nelson's gameplans! :wink:

I am not a huge fan of games of chance. I am more drawn to games of skill. While I understand that a ton of luck goes into Fantasy Football, the more variables you add, the more luck comes into play and detracts from the draft.

I equate it to low limit hold'em. I cant stand low limit hold'em like 1-2, 2-4, or 3-6. I suck at it becuase it becomes much less about skill and much more about luck.

If I make the correct read and put someone on a straight draw, I cant get him away from his hand because what is another $4 to call. If I am playing 20-40 or no-limit, I can get him off his hand (or at least make him risk a large % of his stack) so I dont risk getting outdrawn. It becomes much more of a game of skill and reads then just how the cards get dealt.

Defensive players just add a whole layer of variables that increases the luck factor. Additionally, it does not always reward the best players, especially at cornerback. For example take Nmamdi Asomugha of the Raiders. For much of the season he has been the league's best corner. He completely shuts off half the field because teams do not even through his way. But that makes him SUCK as a fantasy player. He has a low tackle number, no INT's and no sacks so he would be a terrible fantasy player but yet he is the best corner (or one of them) in the game. For corners, you really need to pick the worst of the starters as they will get more opportunities to get points. Very counter intuitive.
Last edited by bada on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:05 pm
Yeah, that is true, Bada. I have Joey Porter in one of my leagues, and all he'll ever get me is sacks. He only totaled around 110 points, thus far... and that's not much considering others like DeMeco Ryans and Patrick Willis have around 180-200 points... ALL ON TACKLES.

I think we'll have two leagues next year. One with a defensive team and one with defensive players.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:11 pm
bada wrote:I think we have had this conversation in the past but it just feels "gimicky" much like Nelson's gameplans! :wink:

I am not a huge fan of games of chance. I am more drawn to games of skill. While I understand that a ton of luck goes into Fantasy Football, the more variables you add, the more luck comes into play and detracts from the draft.

All true... but I'm better at managing luck than stats, so it does sound like a good plan to me. :wink:

Still, I don't like team Ds for fantasy leagues. It leads to people having a couple of good Ds and just picking between them pending on the matchup. In a way, it feels like cheating, because the outcome is much more predictable than with defensive players.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:17 pm
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:I think we have had this conversation in the past but it just feels "gimicky" much like Nelson's gameplans! :wink:

All true... but I'm better at managing luck than stats, so it does sound like a good plan to me. :wink:

Still, I don't like team Ds for fantasy leagues. It leads to people having a couple of good Ds and just picking between them pending on the matchup. In a way, it feels like cheating, because the outcome is much more predictable than with defensive players.

But isn't that the way the rest of your lineup works? People will start the QB with the best matchup, RB with the best matchup, etc.

Anyway, sounds like we will have two different leagues so not a problem.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:26 pm
bada wrote:But isn't that the way the rest of your lineup works? People will start the QB with the best matchup, RB with the best matchup, etc.

Yep, but the chances of them performing at their expected level are not the same as with a whole unit. There's more of a random factor when it comes to a single player than a group of them.

For instance, if you play the Steelers D, you know they're gonna make plays and stop their rivals in most games. With players it's not that easy, as injuries, matchups, playcalling... all those events affect them a lot more.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:49 pm
congratulations...Xbay.....

i really wish can play u at the final but TMC deserved that spot....nice win

will see u next year.....
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum