2008 Hip Hop

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:58 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:LUPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cool was awesome.

I've listened to about half of Luda's new album too, I don't think I like it as much as Release Therapy, but we'll see...he can still win me over.

Lupe is raw... i wish i would've listened to him sooner... my favorite tracks on the album are, "hip hop saved my life," "daydream," "intruder alert," "paris, tokyo," and "streets on fire"

first off wrote:I hate every song on 808's (And I usually love kanye's shiit)

i concur... i light weight respect him for trying something new, with the singing and all, but he needs to stick to the way he rapped in college drop out, late registration, and graduation... those albums were way better than 808....
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:35 pm
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/blenderburner/4491/kanye-west-caught-lip-synching

KANYE CAUGHT LIP-SYNCING !!!!!!!!!!!!

surprise surprise... if they can't do it live and real then don't give them an award.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:13 pm
first off wrote:http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/blenderburner/4491/kanye-west-caught-lip-synching

surprise surprise... if they can't do it live and real then don't give them an award.

Well, i saw the whole performance on the youtube, he's not lip syncing it, its just that he's so dependant on technology from that sounds that come out, and obviously they weren't working. He was uncomfortable going in it, which is why he looked at the backups the first couple times. I by no means am a huge fan of Kayne, he's alright, but not god (as he thinks he is). I think it comes to show how much he is so dependant on technology which substitute for his lack of talent.

His stuff is still better then 95% of hip hop out there, technology or not however, i'll give him that.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:46 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
first off wrote:http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/blenderburner/4491/kanye-west-caught-lip-synching

Well, i saw the whole performance on the youtube, he's not lip syncing it, its just that he's so dependant on technology from that sounds that come out, and obviously they weren't working. He was uncomfortable going in it, which is why he looked at the backups the first couple times. I by no means am a huge fan of Kayne, he's alright, but not god (as he thinks he is). I think it comes to show how much he is so dependant on technology which substitute for his lack of talent.

His stuff is still better then 95% of hip hop out there, technology or not however, i'll give him that.

of the commercial stuff yes. Not in general

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:45 pm
New hip hop depends too much on technology. Beats are more the emphasis with artists. Many artist don't do justice to certain beats. Look at soulja boy for example. I mean kiss me through the phone what a waste of a beat. Lyricism and relevant subject matter is hard to find these days and to match that with a nice beat to go along is even harder. I was feeling the Nas untitled album that was a good listen.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:59 pm
There really hasn't been any good mainstream hip hop albums this year. I think if i didn't know Kanye or his music i would give 808's a decent shot but i really am disappointed. I'm still listening to graduation and still maintain that it's one of the best album that's been out since the black album. I mean, I can listen to it from start to finish including the bonus tracks and they're all good songs, with the exception of 'drunk and hot girls' that song blows. I'm pretty disappointed in Kanye all together lately. His stunts are getting too much, he's pretty much a big ol douche to me right now. With all that said, i think 'paranoid' and 'coldest winter' are the two best tracks on that album.

I liked the Carter 3 and also Rick Ross's trilla. I'm not sure if lupe's 'the cool' came out this year but i love that album too. I thought it was clever, catchy and of course cool. If it came out in 08 i would say that was the best album this year. The NERD album was pretty decent too…i think that album is more "creative" than 808's.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:47 pm
I could be wrong, but I think "The Cool" is from 2007. If not, it's the album of the year by far.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:51 pm
i thought the robo voice effect (which is auto-tunig, it seems) was the best thing in these songs, but it looks like the best thing in it came from inability to sing!
well, anyway other than the effect, this music is a dead horse and a food for hienas.
the saddest thing is that all the money goes into hands of dead-ones, talentless ****ing rappers and so called 'paint my face' divas.
it's hard for me to understand, why do people pay for this crap?

(yeah, ok, i do understand, it's called brainwashing)

but still...

IDIOCRACY
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:08 pm
man, u guys a funny. U live in the home of hip hop, yet i'm hearing things like "there was no good **** this year" So much good **** came out, you just gotta look harder, look past what you hear on the radio

Check albums by

Tanya Morgan(weird name, but 3 dope MC's)
Pace Won and Mr Green
Elzhi
Q-Tip
Homeboy Sandman
Heltah Skeltah
East Coast Avengers
Black Milk

etc etc

Lots of real fresh **** dropped this year
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:04 am
Quazza wrote:man, u guys a funny. U live in the home of hip hop, yet i'm hearing things like "there was no good **** this year" So much good **** came out, you just gotta look harder, look past what you hear on the radio

Check albums by

Tanya Morgan(weird name, but 3 dope MC's)
Pace Won and Mr Green
Elzhi
Q-Tip
Homeboy Sandman
Heltah Skeltah
East Coast Avengers
Black Milk

etc etc

Lots of real fresh **** dropped this year

For starters, I don't live in the home of hip hop. More like in the hell of hip hop.

And regarding those albums, most of them would be barely average 5 years ago. This year, are among the best.

I'm still trying to find a link to download the Tany Morgan one. All the links I've found were incomplete, so I can't really comment on that one.
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum