The Tampa Bay Choke Artists Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:57 pm
xbay wrote:I think Monte's departure is going to be bigger than everyone may think. Sorta like Norv's departure from the Niners. Don't know much about your coaching staff, so I can't really say much. As long they keep the same players on D... maybe get some guys for the future, and they should be fine. Although, something tells me Monte's departure may affect this team more than I'd like to believe.

Yeah, I agree. That's why I want to see Raheem promoted. At least he'll keep the same structure and already knows the guys. Bringing in a totally different coach would be too risky.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:59 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:I think Monte's departure is going to be bigger than everyone may think. Sorta like Norv's departure from the Niners. Don't know much about your coaching staff, so I can't really say much. As long they keep the same players on D... maybe get some guys for the future, and they should be fine. Although, something tells me Monte's departure may affect this team more than I'd like to believe.

Yeah, I agree. That's why I want to see Raheem promoted. At least he'll keep the same structure and already knows the guys. Bringing in a totally different coach would be too risky.

Yeah. It'll be interesting in the off season to see what they do there. And if it is in fact, Raheem, it'll be interesting to see himself prove he can keep this defense rolling.

BTW, two straight is tough to swallow. Atlanta is tied with the Bucs, now. Need to take this one against the Chargers at RJ Stadium and the season finale against guess who, guess who... the Raiders. Then, we should be fine. But boy, that loss against the Falcons hurt. Just gotta hope the Vikings or Rams help out. But hey, don't count out the Panthers, either. They have the Giants and Saints left. Giants have been starting to show signs of blowing up after all these distractions going on, so they may come out hard this week. And the Saints are at home... 25-2 is the record for NFC South teams at home this season.

So the NFC South is still very much up for grabs.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:05 pm
xbay wrote:So the NFC South is still very much up for grabs.

Yep, that's it. Everybody wins at home and loses on the road.

We've been pretty formidable at the Ray Jay, pretty average on the road. But we get to play host to the Chargers and Raiders, so I don't think our playoff spot is at risk.

The only problem is that, to really have a chance to advance deep in the playoffs, we had to play at the Ray Jay. I just can't see this team beating a good team on the road.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:56 pm
Ok, so it wasn't the best of times to lay an egg. After our defeat at the Ray Jay agaisnt San Diego, it's gonna be hard to make the playoffs. We should defeat the Raiders at the Ray Jay next week, but will a 10-6 record be enough?

What this game proved is that we've had a hell of a season for a team with so many holes as these Bucs. The D, while still between the best, has lost a step (I really mean it. The Tampa 2 is a system based on speed, and, even tho we've added some young kids in the last few drafts, our key players are old and, obviously, not as quick as they used to), our passing game is... well, Antonio Bryant, who's been amazing, but also completely alone due to Galloway's injury, and our running game went down the gutter since Earnest got injured.

No matter if we make the playoffs or not, it's gonna be a busy offseason for the Bucs, that's for sure.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:57 pm
Jeff Garcia is my hero.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:28 pm
Yeah... ouch. Philly is now the Bucs' best friend.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:10 am
Captain_Jack wrote:Jeff Garcia is my hero.

To add to Amare, J-Rich, Manny Lawson and Matt Barnes... quite a gangba... er, quite a group, Capt. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:07 pm
shocking how poorly the bucs D has played in the last 3 games.

So what is their playoff scenario heading into the last week?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:22 pm
bada wrote:shocking how poorly the bucs D has played in the last 3 games.

It's not just the D. More than anything, it's been the lack of a running game since Graham's season ended. That has forced our D to stay on the field a lot more, because Dunn and Caddy have done an ok job on goal line, but haven't been able to run the clock.

And we all know what happens when an old D has to stay on the field longer than it should.

bada wrote:So what is their playoff scenario heading into the last week?

Easy, if we beat the Raiders at the Ray Jay and Philly beats Dallas, we're in the playoffs. If not, we're out.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:57 pm
well good luck bro. Hope they can do it!

Yes, you could be right about the d being on the field too long. In the moments that I have switched to their games, it was just weird to see how many missed tackles there were. Guys just running right through defenders. Just not used to seeing that with the Bucs.
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:33 pm
Ooh this game against the BUCS vs Raiders is gonna be epic.

Hard to imagine Chucky having the same kind of success against the last time the Raiders met...

I mean it's one thing knowing Callahans playbook and it's one thing Montes D preparing on Lanes O...

But Tom Cable is a wild card with that playbook... good to see a onside kick in the 1st half... that **** was BALLZY!!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:07 pm
So TMC...

Care to have a sig or avatar bet??

Loser of the Game has to rock the Winners team logo all the way until the Superbowl concludes?

Come on man, i know your the gambling type.... As you would say this game is in the bag for the BUCS...

The way i see it... Raiders win and BUCS lose then that Shield just might be like a swinging Hypnotism and you might convert to the real BAY PIRATES!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:25 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:So TMC...

Loser of the Game has to rock the Winners team logo all the way until the Superbowl concludes?

Deal!!!

Let's take it a step further, the winner gets to choose the loser's sig for what's left of the NFL season.

Are you Raider enough for that? :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:30 pm
TMC wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:So TMC...

Deal!!!

Let's take it a step further, the winner gets to choose the loser's sig for what's left of the NFL season.

Are you Raider enough for that? :mrgreen:

Ok... I'm down!!!

Prepare for a BUCS elimination and Raiders Humiliation all the way to the Superbowl.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:40 pm
GET READY, PAWNO!!!! IT'S ON!!!!!

(And this is just the beginning. You don't want to see the sig I have in mind for you if the Raiders lose :mrgreen: )
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board