Trades involving Marco Belinelli

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:12 pm
Since Belinelli has been playing well for a few games now, his value is much higher. Other teams aren't blind and have bound to have caught the good performances by Belinelli and now would be the best time to get a package together using Belinelli to get rid of Maggette and even SJackson if possible, though if not, Maggette first :wink:

I'm going to list a few trades here and you can all list your own if you like:

1. GS trades Belinelli, Maggette and SJackson to Atlanta for JJohnson.

For us it's great, we get rid of Maggot man and TO machine, while also giving up Marco, who has only been a factor for a week or so for the team.

Atlanta might not be so cheery, but JJohnson is only under contract for another year, might bolt or not and at least here they have some security as Maggette and sJackson are signed for another four years after this one and Belinelli another two. Maggette almost replaces JJ's scoring, SJackson (the one Atlanta would likely like less) can get assists like JJ and Belinelli is the youg piece with potential and has shown some of it recently.

2. GS trades Maggette, SJackson and Belinelli to Chicago for Deng and Hinrich.

We get a player that is still underperforming, as he did last season but not the year before, in Deng and a good PG that can play SG if needed. Both don't mind playing defense either.

Chicago gets more scoring and Hinrich will not be a starter again there as Rose and Gordon are playing real well. They also get more depth, a problem for them right now.

3. GS trades Maggette and Belinelli to Toronto for Bargnani and Kapono.

Bargnani has been a realative bust so far but he only has another year left on his contract and you never know if a change of scenery lights a fire under his arse enough and he plays better. Kapono can shoot, not much else but at least we get rid of the maggot.

They get Maggette, who becomes their second best scorer and with Calderon, a real good PG, maybe all Mags has to do is score, keeping the greedy fuka happy. Belinelli is a young upandcomer so they get that to look forward to too

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:57 am
playing well, keep him?

Just a thought
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:17 am
I somehow dont think Atlanta would want to let go of their superstar for Magette overpriced, injury prone player who really is just a crappier version of Johnson himself and a Jackson who is not as injury prone but really would be a giant downgrade from Johnson as well and for Bellinelli who, although I like him and would love to keep him here for our future, really has only showed what he can do for a few games and who knows if he can keep it up. I think Atlanta is trying to have their roster for the now and if they trade away Johnson, it would screw all that up.

But dont get me wrong, I would absolutely love that trade.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:18 am
Quazza wrote:playing well, keep him?

Just a thought

Playing well; hasn't been a factor for the first year plaus in his career, nor given a chance but anyway,
his uprising can can rid of at least Maggette for us

:wink:

:)

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:46 am
migya wrote:

Bargnani has been a realative bust so far but he only has another year left on his contract and you never know if a change of scenery lights a fire under his arse enough and he plays better. Kapono can shoot, not much else but at least we get rid of the maggot.

They get Maggette, who becomes their second best scorer and with Calderon, a real good PG, maybe all Mags has to do is score, keeping the greedy fuka happy. Belinelli is a young upandcomer so they get that to look forward to too

This one seems feasible. Toronto is looking for help at SF/SG, and they wouldn't give up anything of value. I'd try to add Joey Graham to that trade, as I've always been intrigued by his potential (not as a starter, but I think he can be a good backup, in a similar role like the one Ariza plays for the Lakers).

The other two... not a chance.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:37 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

This one seems feasible. Toronto is looking for help at SF/SG, and they wouldn't give up anything of value. I'd try to add Joey Graham to that trade, as I've always been intrigued by his potential (not as a starter, but I think he can be a good backup, in a similar role like the one Ariza plays for the Lakers).

The other two... not a chance.

Reckon Chicago would take a serious look at the trade I've posted. Hinrich is an expensive backup and Deng doesn't seem happy or as efficient there as he used to be

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:10 am
Really depends how Paxon wants to build around rose i guess. Interesting to note the player playing best with him is Gordon though. Having a really good year

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:11 am
migya wrote:Since Belinelli has been playing well for a few games now, his value is much higher. Other teams aren't blind and have bound to have caught the good performances by Belinelli and now would be the best time to get a package together using Belinelli to get rid of Maggette and even SJackson if possible, though if not, Maggette first :wink:

I'm going to list a few trades here and you can all list your own if you like:

1. GS trades Belinelli, Maggette and SJackson to Atlanta for JJohnson.

For us it's great, we get rid of Maggot man and TO machine, while also giving up Marco, who has only been a factor for a week or so for the team.

Atlanta might not be so cheery, but JJohnson is only under contract for another year, might bolt or not and at least here they have some security as Maggette and sJackson are signed for another four years after this one and Belinelli another two. Maggette almost replaces JJ's scoring, SJackson (the one Atlanta would likely like less) can get assists like JJ and Belinelli is the youg piece with potential and has shown some of it recently.

2. GS trades Maggette, SJackson and Belinelli to Chicago for Deng and Hinrich.

We get a player that is still underperforming, as he did last season but not the year before, in Deng and a good PG that can play SG if needed. Both don't mind playing defense either.

Chicago gets more scoring and Hinrich will not be a starter again there as Rose and Gordon are playing real well. They also get more depth, a problem for them right now.

C'mon first off, another proposal, u can't believe that.... hey, migya, ur not first off, WTF u doingg with these trade proposals...

haha ok lame attempt of a joke. Actually, im with you on trade one... for joe johnson. But that wont help us get better. Cuz now we wound not only have Johnson, but the poor man's joe johnson in Crawford. Plus ellis, so maybe trading crawford instead of Jackson (who i still haven't bailed on)and i would like that.

Second trade, i like it, chicago probably wont. two guys in their mind that play the same position. and 20 million per.

third trade, I like it just cuz it gets rid of maggs... but if we're able to trade just maggs for someone else, and not trade belli, then thats the first step. If only a team will accept maggs if we give them belly, then im all for this one.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:48 pm
i think we should stick with marco...

i think maggette has got to go...

maggette to charlotte for boris diaw
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

maggette to new jersey for swift and chris douglas roberts
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

swift has an expiring contract and cdr is a decent prospect with 2 years left on his contract.

just a couple of ideas...
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:33 pm
don't think NJ would take Maggs. Pretty sure they're saving $$$ room for 2010. Least i think i read that somewhere

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:47 pm
I hope James resigns with the Cavs to ruin everybodies hopes!!! As well as Amare!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:00 pm
yeah he's hinted at that for the first time now. Whilst I don't think he will extend, would be pretty funny if he did.

Mind you, there's plenty of other players those with $$$ would love
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:37 pm
migya wrote:

Just a thought

Playing well; hasn't been a factor for the first year plaus in his career, nor given a chance but anyway,

If thats the case, why didn't we trade Morrow after he had his 37 point performance?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:
migya wrote:

Just a thought

If thats the case, why didn't we trade Morrow after he had his 37 point performance?

You don't trade every player that plays well :wink:

Best way to trade a player that is not performing or doesn't fit in is to trade him with a player that is playing well and good value

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:18 pm
my thought is ...

Belinelli,Magg,Nellie for Deng,Hinrich and 2015 2nd round pick... :wink:
Next

Return to Trades