Rate my fantasy basketball trade

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:39 pm
I just traded Yao, Felton, Iguodala, and Kenyon martin for yes..... Tony Parker and Carlos Boozer. With the trade my starting lineup is now
PG Tony parker
Sg Ellis when he comes back
SF Lebron
PF Antawn Jamison
C Boozer
Util Melo
Util Bogut
Pretty strong wouldnt you say? In 12 man league
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:11 pm
who did you pick up? cuz you gave up a lot...goin off the top you got some good FG%, scoring, and rebounding. but depending on who you pick up you could possibly lose more. your starters do look like theyll be strong next month, but whats your bench look like?
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:28 pm
E-Man wrote:who did you pick up? cuz you gave up a lot...goin off the top you got some good FG%, scoring, and rebounding. but depending on who you pick up you could possibly lose more. your starters do look like theyll be strong next month, but whats your bench look like?
my bench is eric gordon, nene, andre miller, dj augustin

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:38 pm
not bad, but you seem to be pretty thin at the SG spot until monta comes back. your blocks took a big hit since boozer doesnt get any, and your steals stayed at about the same. basically you traded for fg%, pts, and rebounds. im not sure how your standings are, but if those are the cats you were trying to improve, then well done. you might find yourself suffering in the blocks stat now though, as i only see nene, bogut and bron-bron getting a lil over a block a game a piece.

i honestly think you can do without dj since you have parker and miller (with monta's ability to play point as well). unless of course, you are tanking the blocks stat, in which case i think you can trade nene and bogut for other bigs that dont block as much but get more rebounds/points.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:43 pm
yeah sorry man, i don't think you did as well as you could have. Iggy might get a boost now that brand is down. I personally believe this is Yao's year to play atleast 70 games. I would've hesitated trading giving up those 2 straight up for booze and parker.

HOWEVER, trading is sometimes all about peace of mind. If this trade is what you wanted, then yes, you succeed beautifully :)
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:52 pm
EMan has said it well and Fine did as well. It all depends on the standings, but you gave up more than you got back. Who knows how good Felton will be this season, I reckon he'll score more now that JRich is gone. Iggy likely will perform better now with Brand injured, as more will be needed from him. You got two very good players back, but Boozer has been a health issue lately, more than Yao has been and that is something that is a big factor, so hopefully he won't miss anymore games.

Your roster looks very good though but again, it depends on what is happening in the standings of that league

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:54 pm
yeah i understand what all of you are saying.But i had Andre miller, and Iguodala both starting for me... personally i hate having players on the same team... unless of course its a great tandem. I know I'm taking a chance but i basically traded iguodala and felton for parker, and boozer for yao. I basically wanted boozer while his value is low. Yao is a guy who will get me points fts and some rebs. Even with his height he does not grab a lot of boards. So with Boozer... who knows if he might get traded. If the trade does back fire... i still have Lebron and Melo as my trade bates. I am currently in 2nd place in the league... i made the trade with the last place team

Return to Fantasy League Forum